Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wal-Mart #1 Store People Buy Video Games From In The US

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I buy from Gamestop for new games, but truthfully, if you guys haven't noticed, Gamestop has had a very small selection of games to choose from in comparison to when they weren't merged with EB Games. This isn't saying it's EB Games fault because EB was the better company when it came to how much stock they had, so let me explain.

After EB and Gamestop merged, or more like the parasite called Gamestop ended up swallowing EB just as Babbages swallowed pretty much every other bit of competition there was. So now, there is no competition of Gamestop other than stores like Target, Walmart, etc.

The fact that Gamestop has no competition, like EB, anymore is the reason why we now see no NES, SNES, PSX, etc, used games anymore, and their stock is extremely limited. I was used to walking into an EB or Gamestop and both companies had huge stocks of various games to the point to before the merger, you could still find new PSX games and new PS2/XBOX/GC games that were launch titles. Because of the fact that there's no competition, the store carries hardly any games that are new, so you'll rarely find a title that is less than 29.99 or 39.99 unless it's a portable, and even then it's quite rare.

You used to be able to have quite a large choice of what you'd like to purchase when you go into those stores, but now the stores are honestly nothing but a pos. Instead of looking around for quite a bit, you walk down the isle half a step and you've pretty much seen everything there is to look at there.

So yeah. My opinion is either do your shopping online or actually find video game stores that actually do carry a bit of stock rather than just the newest items that you might not be interested in or already have.

It's honestly sad when stores like Walmart and Target have quite a few games you can find that stores like Gamestop, which sells nothing but video games(accessories and starting to sell movies,) doesn't have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I've bought 3 games at Wal-Mart this year, all of which were early price drops or clearance titles (Eye of Judgment, Overlord, and Perfect Dark Zero).

For everything else (somewhere shy of a dozen I'd reckon), I've used Amazon, Gamestop (when I was in too much of a rush to list my games on the Amazon Marketplace) and the occasional clearance game here and there.

With Amazon's service, delivery speed, and specials you really can't beat 'em. I was able to snag Resistance 2 a few days ago for $49.99 using he Bill Me Later promo, and it included a $10 gift certificate. Assuming I get it on time and the price stays like it is right now, I'll use the gift certificate towards Left 4 Dead, which is $5 cheaper with a preorder, bringing it down to a tax-free $38.99. Always low prices? Not this, or most other times when it comes to games, unless you count their damn-near worthless prices that end in ".96".

Plus, by not shopping at Wal-Mart, I don't have to fuel unnecessary misanthropy by dealing with their customers and employees.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You mean to tell me there are Wal-Mart stores out there that actually have employees *IN* the electronics department?

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Wal-Mart, just this year bought my Nintendo Wii & PS3 from them and bought many games from them, like the bargain bin as I buy what I been needing from it, like how when I get off late at night I can go into my local Superstore and pick up the game I been wanting if I haven't bought it already before work at EB Games which I shop at alot, all the employees know me by name which I guess is a good thing?, other than them two I sometimes buy from Best Buy, Target and GameStop.

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I personally hate and avoid Wal-Mart for game shopping. The only thing I've bought there with any sort of regularity are ramen noodles.

I'd wager that since Wal-Mart is the largest retailer of just about anything in the US, it makes sense that they've got the lion's share of sales.

I shop at Best Buy(thanks employee discount) most often, with the occasional GameStop purchase. I'd probably still go to Best Buy even if it weren't for the discount thanks to the rewards program.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.