Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I can will handhelds to myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Default I think I can will handhelds to myself.

Last year about this time I was thinking it would be cool to have a Nomad but never activly tried to get one. Like buying one on ebay or something like that. (I'm like that. I won't go out and spend money on something that I don't really need, but if I happen across something for a good price I'll get it) Then just a few weeks later when I bought a random game lot on craigslist I was exited to see a Nomad in the box and gladly paid $30 for the box full of stuff.

Now today, almost a year to the day of the Nomad I found a Lynx at goodwill...and on a day that electronics were 40% off. The recent posts on here about the Lynx got me thinking I'd like to get one but again, not enough to activly pursure it on ebay. Keep in mind that I've NEVER seen a Lynx or Nomad in the wild before.

So anyways...what should I will into existence next year? A Turbo Express or a NGPC?
    Last edited by jb143; 11-08-2008 at 01:18 AM.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very nice. I have never, never, never found a Lynx at any thrift store, which is amazing considering how often I'm there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

will into existance a car marty for yourself theyre REALLY hard to come by.
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a Nomad at Goodwill last year for $6 and after that I have repeated returned there for more gaming goodness. But as far as handhelds go, I only see original Gameboys or Gameboy Colors there.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    I can try but I don't know how to control it. And so far, it's just slightly obscure hand held game systems. Also it seems to be on a yearly cycle. I checked my email and I got the Nomad Nov 5'th last year. This year the Lynx was the 7'th. There might also be a negative side to it as well. The Nomad didn't work and I had to fix it. That's actually how I found this site. I forgot to mention that the Lynx didn't come with any games so I havn't tested it yet.(Going to game store this weekend) Hopefully it doesn't need fixed as well. btw...what's a lynx do if it's turned on with no cart?

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I found a Nomad at Goodwill last year for $6 and after that I have repeated returned there for more gaming goodness. But as far as handhelds go, I only see original Gameboys or Gameboy Colors there.
    Yeah, same here. Only once or twice have I seen a Game Gear. Other than that it's all Game Boys. And they're usually 10 bucks!
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I find Game Gears quite frequently. And as always, the screens are scratched to hell. I'd like to pick up a decent blue Game Gear, but every one I've ever found looks too terrible to play.

I've had interesting luck like yours in the past, but it always seems to work a different way. Instead of willing portables to myself, I end up seeing obscure consoles that I never find in the wild showing up in stores a whole lot. When I lose interest in them, the streak ends and I never see another one. I bought a Colecovision from someone on Atari Age, but it didn't work. Then suddenly, Colecovisions started showing up in thrifts, which I'd never found in a store before. My fifth console was in the box and finally worked, and the streak ended. I started thinking about picking up an Atari 7800 for a backup for my original, and suddenly I came across heaps of them in the wild, which I'd never seen before. Then suddenly, the streak ended after my fifth console. Come to think of it, my lucky streaks end in fives. Odd, that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sit there and use the Force to make a NGPC with SNK VS Capcom: MotM randomly appear....

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can you will me an AdventureVision or two?

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick View Post
    Can you will me an AdventureVision or two?

-Rob
    OK, there you go...If all went well you should randomly find at least one in the wild for cheap within the next 2 months. At which point you'll owe me a finders fee of $100 each. BTW...If you find any games, I've thrown those in for free. Which is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

My brain hurts now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Will me up an NGPC to replace the one I had stolen. I'll make it worth your while.

Actually in the recent Lynx I vs II thread I made a comment how even thought I have two Lynx II's I wouldn't pass up a model I if I found it cheap enough. A day later I found one at a local shop for $20 . Positive thinking or just serendipity? Either way I got my wish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pantechnicon View Post
    Actually in the recent Lynx I vs II thread I made a comment how even thought I have two Lynx II's I wouldn't pass up a model I if I found it cheap enough. A day later I found one at a local shop for $20 . Positive thinking or just serendipity? Either way I got my wish.
    Well, in that case, I'd like to say that I wouldn't pass on a Neo-Geo (any version) if I found one cheap enough. We'll see where this gets me when I go thrift store hunting tomorrow.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I found a Neo Geo Pocket Color in the wild for $30.

I was actually debating whether or not to get that or the $20 Game.com, but the amount of good games on the system pushed my purchase.

I think most people around here never even considered buying anything Turbografx-16/TurboExpress related when it was first came out, as I have NEVER seen one in the wild, only games, which cost exorbitant amounts, because once again, practically no one owns it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

See if this works with women. Spend the rest of the week thinking about what you'd like to get up to with a naughty little blonde lass and a pair of handcuffs. Go out at the weekend and see what occurs.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

In the past, I've passed up on a Turbo Express three times. I didn't have the money to get it all three times, it always seemed a little beyond my finances. I bought a Neo-Geo Pocket Color in a pawn shop (the sales idiot couldn't find the price tag on it so he sold it to me for $25, and once I looked at it when I got to my car I found out that he had his thumb over the $79 price tag the whole time, which is why he couldn't figure out how much it was worth) and a week later I saw those blister repacks of Neo-Geo Pocket Colors with four games on sale at my local Fry's. I would have waited had I known.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey View Post
    See if this works with women. Spend the rest of the week thinking about what you'd like to get up to with a naughty little blonde lass and a pair of handcuffs. Go out at the weekend and see what occurs.....
    That will probably generate a DSi considering it's the naughty little blond with handcuffs that many people are dreaming about these days.

Oh, you meant literally...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey View Post
    I predict an Nintendo shirt wearing blow up doll in your future. Make sure you use the power glove.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 11-10-2008 at 07:23 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheRealist50

I NEVER find handhelds at thrift stores...I mean not even a original gameboy. I luckily got a game gear because my friend gave it to me. I would love to find even just a brickboy.

I'm like you, I want a nomad but never actually go after it...sadly I have yet to get as lucky as you and find it in an ad or thrift store. I'm starting to get to the point where I might get it off ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

try the ultimate collectable progammable handheld (more rare than Adventurevision):

Palmtex the Home-Computer Software Super Micro Cartridge System (1983 USA)

Last edited by tom; 11-11-2008 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    QFT! That's definitely one of the things I'm keeping my eye out for, and have never had a sniff of one. Hell, I'd like a Marty 2 while I'm at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I just came from a Movie Trading Company store that has a Neo-Geo Pocket Color in it's case for $49.99. Not the Neo-Geo AES or MVS or CD that I was hoping for.