Thread: GRG's Metroid Prime instruction book contest!!

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Default GRG's Metroid Prime instruction book contest!!

Welcome to my very first DP contest!!! The prizes are crappy, the contest idea is stupid, but hey, it means free stuff for you! Here's what you have to do: Reply to this topic with your explanation to the story below. I'm looking for funny here, but if it's good, it'll be considered. When it's all said and done, the winner will be determined by a general vote by the users of these boards. Here's my TRUE story you must give an explanation to:

I like Metroid Prime, but I never did rent the game. Once I heard it was $20 at Blcokbuster, I jumped at the chance and snatched up a copy ASAP. I was having an issue with the controls, so I actually read up on them in the instruction book. When I was finished, I put it back into the case and the case went back onto the shelf. A week later, I was cleaning out a drawer that I have full of demo discs. Lo and behold, here was the Metroid Prime instruction book. I thought this was odd, but I went to put it back in the case anyway. Strangely enough, there was already an instruction book in it!! That's right, I have an extra instruction book which I have no idea where it came from or how it got into a drawer.

So, the question is: Where the hell did the mystery instruction book come from??

Oh, you want to know what you win? Here we go: One Nintendo Gamecube preview DVD (the free ones that were at TRU), a Matt Hoffman strategy guide, An early Nintendo Power SNES guide, and a Nintendo Power Tips guide (covering the NES and Game Boy).

The contest starts now! We'll end this one on the 31st of May 2003. That gives you plenty of time to think about the mystery instruction book!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What happened was, your sister from New Jersey bought the game for you, found out that you HATED the controls, threw the game away( she was in your room setting it on your bed for your birthday), opened it up, took the manual to keep for herself, saw that you were close to coming in, and tossed it in there, and kept the game for herself, then hid under your bed.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After the instruction manual was attacked by a hunter metroid, The manual proved to be far too much for the little metroid to digest. So, in order to keep the half digested manual away from Samus and the Metroid Prime itself (Samus would most certainly destroy the hunter metroid for trying to foul up things by eating the instruction manual, and the Metroid Prime would Ingest the manual for itself, ruining the hunter metroids next manual) the hunter metroid hid the manual beneath a thin layer of phazon on the ground.

A few weeks passed, and the hunter metroid needed a fresh meal, so after moving aside a bit of the phazon, it discovered there were 5 manuals in it's place!! The phazon had multiplied the manual five-fold! "Ahh heavenly bliss!" Thought the hunter metroid, my problems are solved!

Needing to stash the extra manuals in various places, The hunter metroid replaced the original manual in the case, so it wouldn't be discovered. The second was given to Samus in a bargain for the hunter metroid's life. The third was given to the metroid prime (So prime wouldn't DESTROY the traitorous hunter). The fourth was saved for later ingestion (Back into the phazon it went). And the fifth, was placed in your drawer to confuse you so much that you didn't play for a week or 2.

Thus, you have 2 copies, and I need a life.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Borrowed copy from friend, manual left behind.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Powers that be decided you needed a little more help with the controls, so they planted instruction manuals all over the place so you will find one and read it.

That or elves put it there... Sneeky elves...

~Rich

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

A you from about 3 weeks in the future travels back in time (using the time machine you are going to invent in two weeks by accidentally touching your sister's curling iron to your George Foreman grill).

The future you planted an instruction book in your drawer because he knows that in about 2 weeks you are going to lose the instruction manual inside the case in a freak lubricant accident.

So you might wonder how the future you got an instruction manual. You might also wonder why you were trying to lubricate your goldfish...just one mystery at a time. Anyway, in two and a half weeks, your car is going to be hit by a large box of Metroid Primes that is going to fall off of a FedEx airplane (sorry anout your car). Sadly all the games will be completely destroyed in the ensuing fireball (also, just how attached to your eyebrows are you???) except for this one manual...since you just lost your manual in the Great Goldfish Lube event of 2003...you decide to keep this manual.

When you discover that you now have a time machine...you decide to go back and put the manual in that drawer of demo discs for safe keeping, because, who looks in a drawer of demo discs???

By looking in that drawer, and finding this manual about 3 weeks early, you have created a massive rip in Hypertime...we are all going to die. Thanks a lot :P
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You may have noticed, instruction booklets are a dying breed. Ten complete games are purchased, then, within a year, only five booklets remain. The situation is especially dire in places where games are rented, as exposure to many different humans greatly increases the chances of catching a fatal disease and never being heard from again. Knowing that total extinction of the species was imminent, these small, peacable creatures devised a plan of replication in order to propagate and save themselves from certain doom. Being one of the more advanced members of the race, Metroid Prime is one of the first to take this plan into action by mating with another booklet, Eternal Darkness, whom it had long had feelings for. Expect to see many more of your old friends reproduce in the future.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Shit..,That's kind of freaky..I guess the Monster in your closet has been buying games..and returning them without the instruction booklets.
    Now he's playing you copy..
    Better go check on him..I think he may be having trouble with the controls..
    He needs that book back..

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

++++BUMP++++ Only a few days left!

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar