Thread: Best eBay Store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best eBay Store

Just joined up (this is my first post). I collect NES games (approx. 170, only a few rares) and more recently SNES games (approx. 20). I prefer the local flea market, yard sales, etc, but there has been a negative trend developing in my region. I'm seeing SNES games going for $20+, N64 games going for $40+, and my beloved NES going for a minumum of $10+ (for common,unpopular sports titles). Anyway, I'll be doing some shopping on ebay till the market here returns to normal and I was wondering what stores you think are the best as far as selection, price/shipping, etc. It takes countless hours to sort through all stores containing SNES and NES games (which is what I'm primarily interested in) and any advice would be helpful. For the record, my favorite was Discount Games (penny games, 1.50 combined shipping each), but they're no longer a seller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    For the record, my favorite was Discount Games (penny games, 1.50 combined shipping each), but they're no longer a seller.
    !!!

I am glad you never got any bad dealings with them. Because many of us did.

Anyhow, welcome to DP!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just joined up (this is my first post). I collect NES games (approx. 170, only a few rares) and more recently SNES games (approx. 20). I prefer the local flea market, yard sales, etc, but there has been a negative trend developing in my region. I'm seeing SNES games going for $20+, N64 games going for $40+, and my beloved NES going for a minumum of $10+ (for common,unpopular sports titles). Anyway, I'll be doing some shopping on ebay till the market here returns to normal and I was wondering what stores you think are the best as far as selection, price/shipping, etc. It takes countless hours to sort through all stores containing SNES and NES games (which is what I'm primarily interested in) and any advice would be helpful. For the record, my favorite was Discount Games (penny games, 1.50 combined shipping each), but they're no longer a seller.
    First off, welcome to the boards.

And, this will more than likely get moved since it is eBay related.

Me, personally, I only shop on eBay when I know what I am looking for. I don't know the time restrictions (I am guessing you won't be able to see it yet), but if I am just shopping, honestly, I buy from these forums just because they sell stuff at the price something is worth (and many people have "I need everything gone soon" sales which are very nice indeed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the record, my favorite was Discount Games (penny games, 1.50 combined shipping each), but they're no longer a seller.
    You got lucky then, I had to file a claim to get my money back on something from them. I never bothered with them again after that.

Anyways, try Lukiegames, Pedro, and Sosafan2, I've had very good luck with them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought from them 3 times. Once the shipping was slow so I told them I didn't receive my second package (containing about 5 games) and they shipped them again. So I ended up with doubles when the original set finally came in (plus they included Captain Planet and the Planeteers by mistake). I chalked it up to no communication...they never responded to any inquiries I had. Oh, and thanks, SegaAges. I wasn't aware I could buy on this site. I usually just read the forums and check the online rarity guide. Hopefully a new edition will come out soon so i can get a hard copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You may also want to look at buying games through Half.com, a site owned by Ebay. I've found some very good deals (R-Type III for 4.95 cartridge only mint comes to mind) on there and have never had a problem with any of the sellers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I prefer the local flea market, yard sales, etc, but there has been a negative trend developing in my region. I'm seeing SNES games going for $20+, N64 games going for $40+, and my beloved NES going for a minumum of $10+ (for common,unpopular sports titles).
    Every flea market near me has prices like that...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

welcome to dp its a great place to hang out. I love ebay but mostly just for stuff I am looking for and am having a hard time finding. Good deals do arise though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Whenever I bought from Discount Games everything went smooth. And I got my games almost next day. Then again, I live in Des Moines, he was in Pella, so there's a hint of bias in there due to the quick shipping.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose