Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever put a chair on a turbo controller?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Has anyone ever put a chair on a turbo controller?

I did this manuver on a few games I can remember. I think on Rygar I found a spot near the start of the game where enemies keep arearing and put my audimin on the Nes Max and went out with some friends. And when I came back my guy was maxxed out. I vagly remember doing stuff like this I was just wondering who else might have done this. The reason it came to mind is I'm playing the new castlevania(ds) and have been diong it to max out my guy. I already beat it. I know this might take away from the game. I just wanted to hear stories. What game. What thing.ect.
    Thanx RASK1904
    In yo face!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RASK1904 View Post
    I did this manuver on a few games I can remember. I think on Rygar I found a spot near the start of the game where enemies keep arearing and put my audimin on the Nes Max and went out with some friends. And when I came back my guy was maxxed out. I vagly remember doing stuff like this I was just wondering who else might have done this. The reason it came to mind is I'm playing the new castlevania(ds) and have been diong it to max out my guy. I already beat it. I know this might take away from the game. I just wanted to hear stories. What game. What thing.ect.
    Thanx RASK1904
    Wow, I thought only I did that. Amazingly, I did it only once, on, (gasp) RYGAR!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It was PSO, possibly version 2 on DC. The game had an auto-logoff after 10-30 minutes of idle time. I cannot for the life of me remember the purpose of this, but I put a rubber band around the thumbstick so my character would run in a circle indefinitely. I dunno what the heck I was doing where I needed to keep logged on yet not be playing. It might have been a lengthy quest (where if you disconnect you can't get back in) or something.

And at least one circumstance where I just wanted to freely type while simultaneously running in circles in the lobby. Sometimes it's the simple things.
    Last edited by SpaceHarrier; 11-21-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Rylin Sakai
    PSN
    RSakai

I did it for Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Put your guys on the little arena battles on the map, and set your Marvel card binder on the corner of the pad enough to keep the button down. Since the game defaulted to just selecting 'fight', I could set my guys on those stupid repetitive arenas and come back later with em' finished.

I know I've done it on other games, but this was the one I always remembered , hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tony hawk pro skater with the infinite grind cheat, do some tricks/manuals to max out the multiplier, found a circle bowl to grind on and came a few hours later.

I think we had one score reset back to zero haha

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Didn't use a chair, but a rubberband on a TurboGrafx controller for leveling up Sadler in Exile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    Didn't use a chair, but a rubberband on a TurboGrafx controller for leveling up Sadler in Exile.
    I got this for my Duo over a year ago and never played too far into it. I need to give it another go.

I bought Gauntlet Legends for the Dreamcast and I placed my character at just the right distance from a monster generator and put a rubberband around the attack button. That was some EASY power leveling

I also can't forget the DAMN draw system in Final Fantasy 8. See a new monster? He has a new spell? Rubberband the button after it's set to "Draw", make a sandwich, and your maxed out with 100 of the new spell.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm

Did the rubber thingy for FF6 famour waterfall exploit.

And DQVIII too. IIRC I made my guy run in circle to pass the time for alchemy, or something similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    True Rush Fan

For Colecovision, I used to put the Turbo gas pedal under a seat cushion to rest my foot. I thought that's what the op meant in the subject line.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

never a chair, but turbo button + book + FF7's basketball game in the Golden Circle = plenty of GP
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Zelda II, yes. Killing those floating eyes.

Rygar there was a bit in a tower I'd go back and forth over and over, I remember that...

Will ponder this further.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In Ridge Racer 64, there's a unlockable car if you go 99 laps or something. So I put a book on the controller pressing the accelerator and let the car bounce around off walls for 99 laps (Always would manage to complete the lap) while I went and did something else.

Closest story I have to that fits this topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

I remember reading a tip in OPM for some racing game that said to load up a certain circular track and put a rubber band around the analog sticks, with the "left" direction on the right analog stick configured to be accelerate so your car would travel in a perfect circle at top speed around this track. I don't remember what the benefit was though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I cant remember all the games I've done it for but Contact was the recent one. Just position the stylus so your charcter was stuck in constant run and the skill would increase. Game wasnt that hard though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I did this for Blue Dragon to get my job levels up to 99. There's a spot in the laser field that you can stand in where the enemies keep spawning and are weak enough to be killed by the barrier spell. I also used a similar trick in FF XII, but that didn't require holding down buttons just clever gambit options.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most people know this one, but in Contra III on SNES, when you get to the miniboss in the third stage (the one that looks like an alien helicopter with a flashlight and green guys hopping out of it), you can park your guy on the far left of the screen and put a rubber band over the shoot button. you'll kill all the little green guys and not get hit. come back a few hours later, and the points will rack up, awarding you with free lives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    It was PSO, possibly version 2 on DC. The game had an auto-logoff after 10-30 minutes of idle time. I cannot for the life of me remember the purpose of this, but I put a rubber band around the thumbstick so my character would run in a circle indefinitely. I dunno what the heck I was doing where I needed to keep logged on yet not be playing. It might have been a lengthy quest (where if you disconnect you can't get back in) or something.

And at least one circumstance where I just wanted to freely type while simultaneously running in circles in the lobby. Sometimes it's the simple things.
    Ah yes, I remember doing this too. Sometimes the servers would get so busy that you couldn't log in again - this was the good ol standby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish I could rubber band the controller for Desert Bus.

Insert Coin (Level 0) fuchikoma's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theChad View Post
    I remember reading a tip in OPM for some racing game that said to load up a certain circular track and put a rubber band around the analog sticks, with the "left" direction on the right analog stick configured to be accelerate so your car would travel in a perfect circle at top speed around this track. I don't remember what the benefit was though...
    Gran Turismo 3. 150 mile endurance race around the Super Speedway oval. You can rub the outside wall for an hour for easy credits.
    MAX 330 MEGA
    PRO-GEAR SPEC

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I beat several NES games with similar tricks. I'm pretty sure you can do it with both Contra games, not that you'd need to, but it is most useful in SNES Alien Wars. Set game on 2 players, put them back to back and put a c-clamp over the fire buttons. Come back whenever and see your lives maxed. Repeat again every couple of stages in Hard mode.

I used this same trick in Rush N Attack to finally beat it. Because of this trick I had enough lives to practice the really hard parts until I was able to beat it legitimately on one life.

This trick works in a crapload of games, actually.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!