Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Question, I'm sorry. Why is this auction on eBay when you are personally providing an alternative to eBay? At first I was pretty excited that you put something this cool on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, which is the kind of commitment more people need to make. But eBay? Now I'm bummed. It's a bad message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

To promote the site, I guess.

By listing it on Ebay, the site is being promoted as well. Which in turn, atracts more people to join CtC.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Question, I'm sorry. Why is this auction on eBay when you are personally providing an alternative to eBay? At first I was pretty excited that you put something this cool on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, which is the kind of commitment more people need to make. But eBay? Now I'm bummed. It's a bad message.
    Kirby's right. This brings lots a slew of new members to the Chuckwagon. And those that have been regulars on the site know I am committed to making it grow. And, sometimes it's stunts like this to bring more buyers into the mix. It is a never ending attempt on my part to bring more bidders to satisfy our growing group of sellers.

ChaseTheChuckwagon.com is turning into the place collectors are listing their rare items. It is amazing some of the items that have been bought and sold on the Chuckwagon - including multiple boxed copies of Chase The Chuckwagon. Countless Atari protos, repros and hacks, boxed Entex Select A Game Games bringing in $100-$500. NES Protos, repros and hacks. An Atari system proto. And the list goes on and on and on.

I would love to list this on the Chuckwagon, and would have other than it's a good way to bring more people to the site. And that is worth more to me than anything right now

I hope you try listing some of your rarer items on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

When I wanted free advertising on ebay I'd post a BIN of $25,000 I had more hits and more watchers than you would believe.

I agree with others that you are sending the wrong message.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't be discouraged folks he is just trying to draw attention on ebay to promote his site.

He was upfront about his first venture doing this as you can see on this thread on the CTCW forum

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/...read.php?t=799

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks 8Bit.

Everyone -

I am not selling this on Ebay because I think I will get more money for it there than on the Chuckwagon. Couldn't be further from the truth. Many of us have sold rarer items with great success on the Chuckagon so this has nothing to do with me, the owner, losing confidence in the site.

The fact is this item will bring in lots of views from new Ebay members and right now that is bascially free advertising for my site. Ebay is a goldmine for cultivating more members. They are easy picking right now due to all the crap that Ebay is pulling. Click on the Ebay auction if you haven't already. It's a blatent effort to bring people to the Chuckwagon. Even my Ebay store points in the direction of the Chuckwagon

This is just one way of bringing more people to the site. We've already registered more than 200 new members in November alone and this is one way I have to keep the population growing at record pace.

So no worries, the Chuckwagon is alive and well and selling things just as good as Ebay. This is turning into be a fact and not just "me blowing hot air". The Chuckwagon is proving itself every day now.

One indicator of our activity is the # of feedbacks building in everyone's accounts. I still have a hard time believing how fast the Chuckwagon is growing -- check it out here and flip through some of my feedback pages to see this for yourselves:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/di...user=socalmike

So please don't be surprised as I will be running regular Ebay auctions for Chase The Chuckwagon Atari Carts to keep this promotion going throughout the coming months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomer View Post
    Thanks 8Bit.

Everyone -

I am not selling this on Ebay because I think I will get more money for it there than on the Chuckwagon. Couldn't be further from the truth. Many of us have sold rarer items with great success on the Chuckagon so this has nothing to do with me, the owner, losing confidence in the site.

The fact is this item will bring in lots of views from new Ebay members and right now that is bascially free advertising for my site. Ebay is a goldmine for cultivating more members. They are easy picking right now due to all the crap that Ebay is pulling. Click on the Ebay auction if you haven't already. It's a blatent effort to bring people to the Chuckwagon. Even my Ebay store points in the direction of the Chuckwagon

This is just one way of bringing more people to the site. We've already registered more than 200 new members in November alone and this is one way I have to keep the population growing at record pace.

So no worries, the Chuckwagon is alive and well and selling things just as good as Ebay. This is turning into be a fact and not just "me blowing hot air". The Chuckwagon is proving itself every day now.

One indicator of our activity is the # of feedbacks building in everyone's accounts. I still have a hard time believing how fast the Chuckwagon is growing -- check it out here and flip through some of my feedback pages to see this for yourselves:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/di...user=socalmike

So please don't be surprised as I will be running regular Ebay auctions for Chase The Chuckwagon Atari Carts to keep this promotion going throughout the coming months.
    Next time you have something rather unique. Put it up on ebay for $50,000. Then watch your hit counter.