Thread: 3 Pack Collections for PS2...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default yp

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    There are a couple of PS2 3-packs that you can get for $20 ($18 w/ coupon) at EB/GS now during their "Game Days" sale.

I got the DMC pack today. It wasn't in the Game Days bin, just in the regular PS2 section, but it rang up fine. I managed to snag a "real" new version... the cover box and all three of the games were shrinkwrapped.

One thing I haven't seen pointed out is that printed (not a sticker) over the UPC of all three games was a "not for resale" label.

Every time i go there and see a 3 pack i need, it seems to be in very crappy quality, i want a box that isn't damaged, and mint as can be. I've yet to buy a 3 pack set from gamestop.

The majority of the 3 pack sets or all (except 1) have "not for resale" label where the barcode would be, the Dragon Ball Z Trilogy set is the only set i can recall that has its upc's intact, with no slus variants on the spine or game cd, and a lack of a "not for resale" label on the back of each case. Pretty crap set if you ask me, not special at all.

The Sega Fun Pack is also like the DBZ set, but each case does have a white sticker over the barcode, sorta like Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (Limited Edition)

Is there any other 3 pack sets or 2 pack, that are lacking anything cool that sets them apart, from there normal release? Nate should be able to answer this, as he owns alot of the sets.
    Last edited by bcks007; 04-08-2009 at 02:28 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So does anybody have the Sega Fun Pack yet? I noticed something quite weird, besides the lack of a slus number on the box, the Sonic Mega Collection Plus GH version that comes with this, it comes with a 2 disc cd case, its missing the removable cd holder, but its got the little snap things you push that into. Weird, huh? (I got my copy from amazon, and it was sealed, so i know its not something thrown together)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know this is sorta off topic but just to let everybody know Xbox 360 has their first 3 pack. It's Viva Pinata: Party Animals, Shrek the 3rd and Sonic the Hedgehog for $19.99

I spotted this at my Gamespot the other day.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I think that's actually the second set. I'm pretty sure we discussed that in an earlier thread.

The only three-game set I want is the Onimusha one, and that one doesn't have a discount, so I guess I'm stuck for a while. I'd like to get that crappy Dragon Ball one, but I'm not even touching the Mortal Kombat one. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why do only want that 1 Kitsune?

For the DBZ and MK set, are you talking the usa release or the mexico release. I would love to get the mexico ones, assuming they work fine on my ps2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Why do only want that 1 Kitsune?

For the DBZ and MK set, are you talking the usa release or the mexico release. I would love to get the mexico ones, assuming they work fine on my ps2.
    Because the Onimusha one is decent, at least. The Dragon Ball games are button mashers and MK has sucked for over ten years.

And the only difference between the US and Mexico releases of the MK and DB sets are the outer cardboard, there's no region lockout between the US and Mexico. (At least when it comes to XBox / 360 games, we get US region games with a Spanish manual included, sometimes with bilingual cover art - kinda like Quebec gets French games, but it's not a requirement.)
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2) sebastiankirchoff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    NoSleepTillMnhtn
    Steam
    laserdiscfan

I would like to see a SOCOM 4 pack. They are pretty fun games and the servers are still online, so I think a pack with all 4 games on the PS2 would be awesome.

I think a Jak and Daxter 3 pack would be awesome too, even if 2 and 3 were lame compared to the first.
    500th Post! December ?, 2010

Movies in Theatres I Have Last Seen
    Fair Game: 4/5
    Fighter, The: 4.5/5
    Tamara Drewe: 4/5

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default jjjj

yeah, 3 pack sets for Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper would be awesome too.

Not sure if you know this, but there is, The Silent Hill Collection, and Prince of Persia Trilogy, that only got Pal releases, also Silent Hill got a japan release. Too bad we get shafted on those sweet sets.

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

I think the DMC set has new spine artwork for DMC 1 and 2. Anyone have the original releases and the set that can verify this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    yeah, 3 pack sets for Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper would be awesome too.

Not sure if you know this, but there is, The Silent Hill Collection, and Prince of Persia Trilogy, that only got Pal releases, also Silent Hill got a japan release. Too bad we get shafted on those sweet sets.
    The Japanese Silent Hill set actually included the first four games, plus some collectible postcards with the game cover art and some repros of the movie posters.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dire 51, there are 2 DMC sets, one that is a white box/artwork, and the other that is black box/artwork. So you might need to let us know which version your talking about...