Frankie, relax.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Leave Home alone! You don't know what it's like to be Home! The Pressure! Leave Home alone! Bastards!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Drifter 2000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Call me old fashioned but I buy video game consoles to play video games, not to spend more of my real money buying virtual furniture and clothing for an avatar that does nothing for me in return except for earn me praise from other people in the virtual world.

I want to save the virtual princess from the virtual dragon. Not spend my time dressing up my virtual self. If I wanted that I wouldn't spend $500 on a PS3...I'd go out and buy some Barbies, a digital camera, and start a blog.

(Virtual...>_>)

Kudos to Sony for trying something a bit different. Not my cup of tea though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    I can't stand the horrific, awfully designed and limited character creation tools nor can I stomach the resulting travesties that people have developed.
    I actually read that as 'resulting transvestites'. The sad thing is, both descriptions are accurate.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Tyler View Post
    One thing I do hate is when a guy sees a girl, almost 10 men flock to her. I don't do this due to I look at it as its most likely a guy.
    Speaking from experience watching two of my PS3-owning male friends, this is a very sound assumption. After I got done making fun of them I begged either one to invite people to "her" room and then once they're there get on the mic and watch the ensuing hilarity.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was fantastic, it was like playing GTA without the killing, except everyone kept shouting the "N" word randomly and screaming stupid catch phrases like "Gears of War is better than MGS4".

Bottom Line: Cluster Fuck
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by djbeatmongrel View Post
    Frankie, relax.
    No need to tell me to relax. I'm not upset.

Just having a conversation.

I'm not the one spouting rhetoric like "Home is an abomination!"

I'm not even angry that people quote-unquote "hate" it.

I'm just curious as to how a free, social app can cause such anger, confusion and frustration in the masses.

Those are the people who need to relax.

No need to get your panties in a twist because you don't like a free app.

Srsly.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I had no expectations for Home and was never really excited about it. I did give it a try when they invited me to the beta for it and didn't think the experience was anything I'd want to sink any sort of time into.

I just think it feels lame, or should I say it makes me feel lame. I don't download game videos on the PSN or XBLM, so sitting around watching the same one loop in an auditorium with my fellow gamers doesn't interest me in the least. I think it's sad and awkward to see some inept drunk guy hitting on women at a bar, and I think it's doubly sad and awkward to see the experience play out in a virtual world. It feels like the same sort of experience chat rooms once provided in the early days of the internet becoming mainstream. The arcade machines are alright I guess, but who really wants to wait on them in a virtual world?

It doesn't piss me off that other people enjoy it, but on the other hand, I can't help but feel the time, money and effort might have been better spent elsewhere.
    Last edited by Half Japanese; 12-14-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spellin'

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by Half Japanese View Post
    I had no expectations for Home and was never really excited about it. I did give it a try when they invited me to the beta for it and didn't think the experience was anything I'd want to sink any sort of time into.

I just think it feels lame, or should I say it makes me feel lame. I don't download game videos on the PSN or XBLM, so sitting around watching the same one loop in an auditorium with my fellow gamers doesn't interest me in the least. I think it's sad and awkward to see some inept drunk guy hitting on women at a bar, asd I think it's doubly sad and awkward to see the experience play out in a virtual world. It feels like the same sort of experience chat rooms once provided in the early days of the internet becoming mainstream. The arcade machines are alright I guess, but who really wants to wait on them in a virtual world?

It doesn't piss me off that other people enjoy it, but on the other hand, I can't help but feel the time, money and effort might have been better spent elsewhere.
    This is exactly how I and many others feel about it. Thanks for posting this.

I seriously wish Sony would have concentrated on getting more exclusive titles to the system. Instead they wasted time, money and effort on this. Very strange the direction they are taking with the system.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't think there's that kind of exclusivity as far as resources go. I highly doubt that developing one feature somehow interfered with other plans. I don't think there would be any more effort or success in any other area had Home never been devised.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thing that bothers me is, unless it wasn't working for me, you can't watch people bowl / play the arcade games / shoot pool. I would not mind "hanging out" on a service like this if you could watch people play games. Especially if they integrated in things like the "quarter mode" they had in Street Fighter 2 on the 360, let people form a group around a machine and play winner stays in.

The reason they purchasable content bothers me so much is what they offer is crap. It's just slightly different chairs and a cowboy hat.

What I want to see out of the purchasable content is what they are doing with Sackboy costumes for Little Big Planet. Interesting things that aren't just Ikea looking crap, and offer one decent item for free along side the 3 or 4 pay items a week. It's enough to get me to enter the Playstation Store every Thursday, to see what's out.

This service bothers me so much because it's obvious that it was almost entirely designed by marketing people. There is so many ways a 3D virtual world like this could be interesting, and instead we get a series of 3D arenas offering very little to do in them, plastered with billboards.

I think if Home were actually really well done, it could have offered something new and different over the other two platforms. I will say it still beats most of the NXE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well you guys just shoot an invite request to (Digital Press) and come check it out. Pretty much everything available is on display there. Even a glitch , just read bulletin board.

It will be cool once you can play your own movies and music and i'll be focusing on that as well and providing decent content to keep it lively as possible. I plan on doing the DP name justice to best of my ability till like I said Joe decides Home is worthy enough or not to take part in.

The environment is cool and so far everything in the clubhouse has been free, minus the clubhouse which was $5. Course I was in closed beta so I got all mall items free of charge prior to open beta.

It would be nice if you could play games while sitting in chairs. Competing for high scores is also something I hope they focus on and have some kind of leaderboard feature that is club members only that will either be accessed via the virtual game machines or/and be able to be posted on boards in the clubhouse space and possibly have contests. I like the Namco arcade cabs, it's a step in the right direction, if not quite perfected yet.

I'm liking it, seriously it's the most fun virtual environment to date imo and if done right it could turn out to be the place to hang your hat so to say.
    Last edited by BHvrd; 12-15-2008 at 12:01 AM.