Thread: Do you have any games that SAVE YOU MONEY?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Do you have any games that SAVE YOU MONEY?

I sure do, and by this I mean, you are so addicted to one game, you see no reason to buy any more, usually every paycheck I go and blow 80% of it on games, now i mostly save it, why you ask, EQOA for the Ps2, damn game has me hooked, and I fear that there is no turning back. *logs in*
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

have you tried the PC versions and if so how would you compare? I've actually attempted to get hooked on EQ, DaoC, UO, AO, PSO, AC, etc... and never got enough interest in the game personally to keep playing. Perhaps the PS2 version would be a good try...

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I broke the EQ addiction forcibly a couple of years ago (threw my disc away). I actually ended up with a new disc, and I tried it again recently (7 day free trial) now that I have the money, but I'm not that interested in it anymore. I'm hoping to trade up to an FFXI addiction.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

heh, i threw my eqoa disk away also, but became bored, so i rebought it And no, I haven't played EQPC yet, though I hear it is way better than the Ps2 version.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Yeah, for 2 years I played nothing but EQ. Sold my account for $900 last summer, best move I've ever made... but kinda sad that if you subtract all the money I paid for the games/expansions, then all the monthly fees, then divide the result by how much time played I had on my account, it comes out to a measly 15 cents an hour for all the time I had played... Man, when you think about that, think long and hard about that.

It saved me money in the long run since I never really paid to play the game for the 2 years, I more than made back my monetary investement, but the time investment is what I'll never get back... and to tell the truth, I don't really regret it. If I were to go back and either choose to do it or not do it I would pass it up, but I don't regret it... had a lot of fun times and met a whole shitload of cool people. All of http://www.flamevault.com is made up of mostly former Rodcet Nife uberguilders, and since we've grown and had new members that don't have anything to do with EQ, I've got to meet even more cool people. Actually, if I were to go back and either do it or not do it, I would do it again.

Anyways, yeah. I got paid to play EQ in the long run. I guess you could call me the resident DP Jaded EQer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Soul Calibur - Not so much that it saves me money, but when I have no money to buy games with, I can console myself with the fact that good 'ol SC will be there waiting for me when I get home.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Do you have any games that SAVE YOU MONEY?

Mame has saved me lots of money!!!! I built a mame cab a couple months ago and I've been so busy playing the 3800 games on it I haven't had the need or the time to buy any more games. I've also satisfied my coin op need. I figure MAME has saved me lots of money now and in the future.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcaster
    I can console myself
    No pun intended, I presume.

[edit: Oops, didn't read the first post. Oh, well.]

As far as saving money goes, my other major timesuck is renting movies, which go for about $4 for 1.5 to 2 hours of entertainment. Since I get almost all of my games for $16 or less, and most for less than $12, I figure that just about any game I get that gives me at least 4-6 hours is a winner, money-wise.

There. Through the magic of rationalization I feel much better now.

Ignore the pile of unplayed games behind the curtain.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everquest was the best bang for the buck ever.

Sure you had to pay a monthly fee, but when you don't buy any new games for 2 years because you only play EQ and you put in more time in the game then at the job.. That is gaming value!

I still play EQ and in fact Veriant updated the Plane of Hate (POH) yet again with a completely new look, new items and new mobs. looks like all the new zones with more geometry and high quality textures. Most people who play EQ have never even seen the 3rd floor of Hate, just the zone in.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PSO saves me money. I don't buy any new games when they come out because I won't play them do to PSO.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon
    Everquest was the best bang for the buck ever.

Sure you had to pay a monthly fee, but when you don't buy any new games for 2 years because you only play EQ and you put in more time in the game then at the job.. That is gaming value!

I still play EQ and in fact Veriant updated the Plane of Hate (POH) yet again with a completely new look, new items and new mobs. looks like all the new zones with more geometry and high quality textures. Most people who play EQ have never even seen the 3rd floor of Hate, just the zone in.
    Heh, I've personally raped both incarnations of Innoruuk... Man, I need to stop reading this stuff, makes me want to go get the game and start back up.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do not exaggerate when I say that emulation has saved me thousands and thousands of dollars in video game costs.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org