Thread: Xbox Store Branded Kiosk Disc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox Store Branded Kiosk Disc

Normally when I have an xbox demo question I go straight to an expert to get an answer. The only problem is that I'm the expert. Although I've always known about xbox kiosk variants (like two different ratings versions for most of them), recently I have been discovering store branded versions of these. Take a look at this pic:

Here we have a Wal-Mart and Gamestop store branded version of a kiosk disc. By store branded, I mean that the stores logo is printed on the disc sleeve, actual disc(they were manufactured this way) and on the menu screen. Here's the disc branding:

So my question is two fold. First, are there any other stores that had xbox kiosk disc printed out like this (and I would of course need proof) and should these be worth more than the regular version kiosk disc? Actually, I know how much every kiosk disc is worth but I'm still factoring in the prices of the variants based on what I've seen/spent.

So can anyone help?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lots of stores got variants, meijers, k-mart, toys r us... sometimes they're not marked though, so you may need to fire 'em up to be sure. Hope that helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A lot of times, the only difference between the version's are the the slip itself; the disc inside is usually the exact same thing. The xbox kiosk use a USB box top set with jumpers to figure out which store version they should be showing.

In other words, if I have this single disc and toss it in my home 360, it'll be different content / logo from what I see if I put it into the Wal-Mart Kiosk and then both will be different if I toss into the GameStop kiosk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    A lot of times, the only difference between the version's are the the slip itself; the disc inside is usually the exact same thing. The xbox kiosk use a USB box top set with jumpers to figure out which store version they should be showing.
    Well I've already proven both of those things to be false. As I said, these are variants so I have the normal versions that aren't branded and I did compare them(well, the WM one because the Gamestop version is still sealed). The Wal-Mart disc only has two playable demos(both rated E) on it while the normal version has nine demos on it(rated R-P, E and T). Furthermore, the Wal-Mart disc has the WM logo on the menu screen. Since I don't have a WM kiosk I doubt that which system you play it on matters as far as what content gets played. Or did you mean that a WM kiosk disc won't play in an xbox kiosk model from another store and vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    In other words, if I have this single disc and toss it in my home 360, it'll be different content / logo from what I see if I put it into the Wal-Mart Kiosk and then both will be different if I toss into the GameStop kiosk.
    All kiosk disc(and keep in mind I'm only talking about the original Xbox-not the 360) from atleast 2.5 and up aren't branded and thus feature the same content. For WM I'm pretty sure that they have(or did have)a policy of not showing M rated games and thats probably the reason it's only two demos were rated E. And I bet if I take this WM disc and play it on a WM kiosk the content will be exactly the same as what I see on my Xbox.

So the kiosk variants(numbered and store branded) all have different content than the regular versions. All I want to know is how many other stores had these with their store name labeled on the sleeve, disc and disc menu
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The xbox 1 kiosks don't know what store they belong to, but the 360 kiosks do.

The little wiring box that makes an xbox kiosk run is a pretty cool device. It wires the reset button and forces the console to stay on. It plugs into the 40 pin AV jack.

As i said before, the different stores aren't always labeled, and there are duplicate discs with the same version numbering. The only way to be sure is to boot them up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting. I have a bunch of 360 kiosk disc too but I don't have a 360 to try them out on yet. I have also never seen any 360 sleeves labeled with a store name(most stores have the sleevs laid out right next to the console in the kiosk) yet, but as you said they may not have a reason to do this if each kiosk only recognizes certain store disc. Anyway, thanks for the help guys.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He beat me to it...i just didn't read

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ProTip: The first batch of xbox 360 kiosks are not standard retail systems. They were manufactured just before the console was finalized and as such, have a few differences. The bios wasn't finished, so they do not have the "authorization" to go on live. The console is whiter in color as well. There may be parts of the shielding missing if you take the console apart too.

Most of the original kiosks have probably RRoD'd and have been replaced with standard retail models.

EDIT: i love putting random bits of trivia in places nobody will ever read.

= )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The lastest store kiosk demo variant is from Toys R Us. Although the label is branded on the front and back, the disc itself doesn't have Toys R Us on it, nor does the title screen. And because this disc was open I'm not sure if it was the original version of 2.1 that came with this sleeve. I still need to test out the normal version of 2.1 to see if there are any variations of the included demos.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P