Thread: OKlahoma Gaming Exhibition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default OKlahoma Gaming Exhibition

This is the official announcement that this event will happen. A place has been set and I think it is very decent for a first time show.

The event will be September 20th which is a Saturday so that should make it easier for more people to come and attend.

It will be held in the rather large conference room of the Best Western in Owasso, Oklahoma. This isn't the largest room ever, but it can hold 100 people easily enough, and I figure that only about 50 will even come. That includes the vendors!!! So it should be plenty of space.

An official webpage will be done of course but I have to have time to do all of it...hehe.

I can tell you that price for admission to this first time show will be free of charge to those who want to come and see. The price for Tables will be free for those who only wish to show their collections or trade. If you wish to actually sell anything be it extra systems or whatever, then that will run you $10 a table. There is a limit of no more than 2 tables per person to be used right now. If closer to the show, there are tables left, then we can talk and see about having more tables.

Again, an official webpage with all the details will be done as soon as possible. What I need in the mean time is for people to email through my email address here and let me know if you plan on coming to show stuff or whatever, and how many tables you want, ( 1 or 2 ). That will give me a better idea of the layout so I can submit that to the Best Western closer to show time.

Also the Best Western has a deal for those coming from afar. They will offer me a discount of at least $10 per room for those coming to the show. Just mention the show at the time of reservation. If more people book more than 10 rooms there...there is a further reduction.

I hope this helps and I look forward to seeing any of you at the show!!!

Email me for more details...

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be showing up for this one, since it's in my back yard. Anyone wanting to see some PS1 retro compilation importts 'n' rarities, as well as Odyssey 2 and original Odyssey goodies aplenty, I'll be bringing 'em - maybe even an Apple II too!

Anyone who's in this part of the country needs to show up and support this one - this is the lower-midwest gaming show we've all been complaining about not having, and now thanks to Crossbow, here it is.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geeeeez, September 27th?? Can you move it back just one week please! We'll be finishing up our Disneyworld honeymoon then. Or I guess we would be until Brian gets word of this. :/ I want to go to... but you CAN'T see the World in 5 days, you just CAN'T!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually it is possible for me to move this up to the 20th instead. But this is something that I would have to know that it is acceptable to everyone. Thus far I have at least 5 people who will be bringing things to this small show and they all have it planned for the 27th. If I get more concensus that the 20th is better for most people, than I will change it. But I have to know the sooner the better before the 20th is taken. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, I'll be in St. Louis on the 27th. Oh well. Have fun!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm OK for a move to the 20th. September is a good "downtime" month for me work-wise (I almost typed "wok-wise, but I didn't want anyone thing I work at a Chinese restaurant), so most any weekend that month or first week in October is good. Me and my stuff will show up when and where needed.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Hey this is terrific!

Best of luck to you on the show. Hopefully someone will submit a full report with pictures and everything.

If there's anything I can do to help promote, feel free to ask. Definitely let me know when the website is in place.

Game ON!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Moved to the 20th offically.

Okay..as the topic states. I have moved this to the 20th of September. I didn't want that date originally because my anniversary is on the 15th and I didn't want to be planning for a gaming show when I should be planning other things...heh

Still this is the heads up for the DP site, that this show is now moved up to September 20th again a Saturday.

I still need knows who will be coming for sure and wish to bring stuff to let me know and how many tables you want ASAP!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

erm, well that's no go for me either, as that is the actual day of the wedding. but it is neat to see something like this happening! we are definately there next year!!!
    We're going to be selling at the great american flea market on admiral this weekend again, you should come by! Owasso isn't far from here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just transplant your previously-abandoned "CGE wedding" to the "OKGE wedding," and problem solved! Voila!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually have gone to the flea market several times. I haven't found anything of value at a value price since last year. My last big haul was a semi complete 4 switcher that was water logged...with about 80 carts under it in a box. I picked up lots of stuff I didn't have already...and the 4 switcher of course still works as did all the games!!

Price was only $10 bucks for the lot.

Where are you located in the flea market? And if your like Lee or the Arab in the indoor area who think all Atari games are $5 bucks or more...than you might know why you haven't seen me around.

Vintage Stock puts the Flea Market to shame...and you know it!

:P

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We just started selling last week, we're outside for now, if we get the same spot we're at the left corner close to the road. All of the other game places inside sell at insane prices, I have a flea market weekend thread in Off Topic that goes into it more. Vintage stock is pretty good, we've found some stuff there but they tend to generally know what is good and sticker it average ebay prices in the case. We did find Third World War and Giga Wing 2 there for $5 each though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah...Vintage Stock knows the prices...because they have Ebay in the back on at all times. Plus many of the people who run the place...are in fact game collectors themselves. The 41st street place is the worst. But, I have managed to find some good deals there on the games themselves. Track N Field was picked up there for .99 cents. And I am talking the VCS version. I have seen Joe Tam and Earl go for a decent price once or twice from there. But their systems are overpriced. Except for the DCs and SNES units. But they ask and sell their VCSs for 49.99 each!!..and that includes two sticks, adapter, rf, and like combat and Defender or something...

I may give you guys a look up this weekend. I still am not sure as to exactly where your at. But if you have game stuff on display....I will see it and will see you guys there.

I am still sorry you can't come to this first show. But your month will be a busy one, and happy one all the same! Congradulations!