Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Club Nintendo is online! (EDIT: well, it WAS)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    The G&W Collection would interest me if it had more than 3 games on it (heck, reissuing one of the GBC G&W Gallery with the inclusion of the dual screens for games like DK Jr would have been cool). As it is, it's for completists only.
    Honestly, one DS pak can hold one of every G&W game that has been released via the Gallery series plus it's remake. I know it's a pipe dream, but it would be nice if Nintendo suddenly realized this and gave us a complete package.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

So basically I should give this service a week or two to flesh itself out?

I wonder if the G&W Collection is localized, or just left overs from the JP one. I'd rather not flush the points on it if it's the JP one I already have.

And it's horseshit that GBA/GB codes don't give a damn thing. At one point, we were six games shy of them all. Nintendo, when will they hate us less?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    I believe it stated in the FAQ that if you were having issues getting WiiWare/VC or Channels registered, you could call a 1-800 number and they would do it manually.
    Except when I also checked this afternoon, the FAQ apparently had vanished as well. Ah well, I've got most of what is currently on offer anyhow via the Japanese club so I'm not in that much of a rush to get it all sorted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DustnF
    PSN
    Alfador

Victory! Well sorta... I managed to get one survey completed and now have 30 coins, woo! Now the site seems to be dying on me again.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    Honestly, one DS pak can hold one of every G&W game that has been released via the Gallery series plus it's remake. I know it's a pipe dream, but it would be nice if Nintendo suddenly realized this and gave us a complete package.
    Agreed. They're miniature games! Add the dual-screen support and voilą! I own G&W Gallery 3 for GBC and it's a great little collection. I would have loved to play the Zelda G&W game, especially on the DS's screens...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I forgot my "My Nintendo" username, how do I get that sent to me? It says this when I type in the username and password I thought it was:

if you do not remember your username or password, follow the "Forgot Your Password?" link below.

But it only sends a password reset link email and I didn't see my username anywhere.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Enter the email you used, not username. And you must enter the info in the registration page (entering it in the login page won't work if you didn't already transfer your account).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Enter the email you used, not username. And you must enter the info in the registration page (entering it in the login page won't work if you didn't already transfer your account).
    So I click "Join Club Nintendo Now!", enter my date of birth, then after that I'm supposed to put in an Email address, so I enter the one I was using for my regular account?

Just making sure because I don't want to mess this up, I have a lot of games registered on my regular account.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Exactly. Enter the email address you used for Mynintendo, as well as the password. You will then receive an email at that address to activate the Club Nintendo account. Once you do, you can login using that email address (instead of the username) and you will see which games are linked to 30-coin surveys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks , waiting for the email now.

EDIT: How long does it take to get the email?
    Last edited by chicnstu; 12-16-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is pissing me of, it won't let me log in. It just keeps saying "The username and password combination you entered is not correct. Please try again. Remember, your password is case sensitive. If you do not remember your username or password, follow the "Forgot Your Password?" link below."
    But that password worked when I used it to confirm an old My Nintendo account, it worked with no problem. I've even reset the password a couple times and it still won't let me log in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Quote Originally Posted by chicnstu View Post
    Thanks , waiting for the email now.

EDIT: How long does it take to get the email?
    It took me only a couple of minutes to get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NES_Rules View Post
    This is pissing me of, it won't let me log in. It just keeps saying "The username and password combination you entered is not correct. Please try again. Remember, your password is case sensitive. If you do not remember your username or password, follow the "Forgot Your Password?" link below."
    But that password worked when I used it to confirm an old My Nintendo account, it worked with no problem. I've even reset the password a couple times and it still won't let me log in.
    It's doing the same for me as well. I'll get logged in then try to register a game and get kicked off. Then when I try to log back in, I get that username/password error. And now I can't login at all even after changing my password.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It took me only a couple of minutes to get it.

Not sure what to do now.

Also, I don't remember it saying it would send me an email. It said something like "Since you are already a member, the joining Club Nintendo process will be quicker."

Then when I was done it said something like "Your registered products have been transferred".
    Last edited by chicnstu; 12-16-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Contact Nintendo on the toll-free number from the FAQ (it's listed on page one of this thread). But first, wait till, say, tomorrow. The site is obviously wonky right now. Meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Contact Nintendo on the toll-free number from the FAQ (it's listed on page one of this thread). But first, wait till, say, tomorrow. The site is obviously wonky right now. Meh.
    Yeah, I'll wait until tomorrow. I re-registered and I got the email but when I click the link, the page says there was an error.

Thanks for the help .

I'm sure 11 items isn't all that will be available, they should add more stuff soon. I want the Hanafuda set.
    Last edited by chicnstu; 12-16-2008 at 03:18 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    So basically I should give this service a week or two to flesh itself out?

I wonder if the G&W Collection is localized, or just left overs from the JP one. I'd rather not flush the points on it if it's the JP one I already have.
    Its more of the site just makes you log in 50 times to attempt to do anything is all. I was more stable using Opera than Safari last night, but then I started to have trouble with surveys (and it thinking that I hadn't done a bunch).

It is supposed to be localized. It showed up on the ESRB site not all that long ago which is what was leading people to think that this was going to be an offer for the Club Nintendo site.

I'd love to figure out how to get to add the coins for the locked games i've got. They want me to re-add the codes on that to-do page, but when I do, I get the cold cold shaft and can't enter them because that cose has been used. Is there a way to 'move' them as LJ is implying?

@Joedick
    I know that list on the other page isn't correct. It doesn't have elektroplankton on there and I was able to enter that game and have it work. I think I was able to enter a few others as well.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Oh, Nintendo. Everything you try that involves the word 'online' screws up, but, bless you, you try anyway.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Agreed. They're miniature games! Add the dual-screen support and voilą! I own G&W Gallery 3 for GBC and it's a great little collection. I would have loved to play the Zelda G&W game, especially on the DS's screens...
    You more or less can play the Zelda G&W. It was released as a final unlockable in G&W Gallery 4. It's very much fun, like all G&W games, but different in other aspects. The game has a definite end, a map, a dungeon and a few monsters that would later be popularized in newer Zelda games.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still no email.........been 5 hours now......