Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Club Nintendo Update! Good News!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That DK game is probably the best value at the high tier as a prize, they did that one last year too and I got it.

Most their 'supplies' and in particular the bags (that one, pikmin, star bag, etc) have always been disappointing and small, more for show than carrying stuff.

I ordered that green zelda bag too, not a word still out of them. I'll probably end up shoving my GB Color or the New3DS in it, not really sure.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That DK game is probably the best value at the high tier as a prize, they did that one last year too and I got it.

Most their 'supplies' and in particular the bags (that one, pikmin, star bag, etc) have always been disappointing and small, more for show than carrying stuff.

I ordered that green zelda bag too, not a word still out of them. I'll probably end up shoving my GB Color or the New3DS in it, not really sure.
    I have the Star bag, and functionally it is marginal, so that part wasn't a surprise, really, but at least that one looked like the picture. This OOT one looks so great on the website, but so lame in person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's a shame. I really want to see that zelda pouch. They didn't sell a downgraded lie on the red(or blue)/gray draw string pouch a year or two back as I have that and is sturdy and handy.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    According to IGN, the purple kangaroo codes are now being emailed out. Sadly for some, Nintendo doesn't want Club Nintendo to be hammered again, so they're staggering out these emails over the course of the next 24 hours.
    I got my e-mail at 5:55 A.M. today. There won't be any hammering of Club Nintendo over this, though - the e-mails contain the codes, so there is no need to go to Club Nintendo to get them. Anyone want a Mewtwo Wii U DLC code? I only have a 3DS, so I only need the 3DS's DLC code.

However, a word to the wise: completely contrary to what the Nintendo e-mail states, DO NOT try to redeem your codes through either one of the Nintendo eShops - it won't work. Yes, the e-mail says to do so, but the Web page with instructions which the e-mail links out to and the Nintendo eShop both state that, in fact, you need to redeem the code(s) through the Super Smash Bros. software itself, not the eShop. It was upsetting/annoying when I tried to follow the incorrect instructions and got an error message. Now I have to dig out SSB4 to redeem the code.

It would be nice if you could have the choice to redeem the DLC codes either through the games or the eShops instead of being required to do so with one in particular. Why is it that patches for games have to be downloaded through the Nintendo eShop, but DLC for games has to be downloaded through the games themselves, even though said action clearly interfaces with the eShop in the game's software through the eShop's API? You would think it would be that patches and DLC are gotten only through the games; or patches and DLC are gotten only through the eShop; or patches and DLC are gotten via whichever of the two methods you prefer, instead of being required to get DLC through the games and patches through the eShop.

But then again, this IS Nintendo we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Just out of curiosity since I've obviously never given this franchise any thought nor am I fighting game fan, is this actually exclusive to Club Nintendo users that registered both copies of Super Smash Brothers? Or will there be an avenue for others to purchase it down the road?
    It is a limited-time exclusive. The release date is April 15th for those participating in the promotion who were e-mailed codes. The release date is April 28th for everyone else. The price will be $3.99 per platform or $4.99 if you buy the Mewtwo character DLC for both the 3DS and Wii U versions as a bundle. It is expected that later character releases will feature the same pricing scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I think I've narrowed it down to DKC:TF, one of the NES remixes, or Mario Golf. Golf seems the least likely for me to buy physically, so maybe I should go with it, but I'm hesitant because the best part of the golf games I've played in the past is multi-player with friends. I'll be thinking on it.
    Mario Golf World Tour has multi-player, so why the hesitation? Are you worried your friends won't have a copy or won't want to buy a copy? Well, you could download the game, play it, see how fun it is, and if it is good enough, you could buy a copy for the person most likely to play with you the most.

Personally, I'd go with either an NES Remix or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. NES Remixes are good for quick, pick-up-and-play challenges and Warioware-esque remixes. The 3DS Remix has more games on offer than the Wii U's NES Remix 2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is probably the best of the batch if you want a challenging action-adventure.

But if you are looking to buy physical copies of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and NES Remix 2/Ultimate, but probably not Mario Golf World Tour, then that is probably the best choice. Go for what you are least likely to buy as your freebie reward because then you can have collectable physical copies of whatever you like more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hear DKC:TF codes are going for as low as $18 in some places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I ordered it just before I saw pictures of the real thing, what a disappointment.
    What's so bad about it? Maybe I should try to back out.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    I hear DKC:TF codes are going for as low as $18 in some places.
    What's so bad about it? Maybe I should try to back out.
    I don't know, I guess it isn't terrible. It is gray screen printed with a bit of sparkly in it. I just think that in comparison to the look on the website it isn't very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Mario Golf World Tour has multi-player, so why the hesitation? Are you worried your friends won't have a copy or won't want to buy a copy? Well, you could download the game, play it, see how fun it is, and if it is good enough, you could buy a copy for the person most likely to play with you the most.

Personally, I'd go with either an NES Remix or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. NES Remixes are good for quick, pick-up-and-play challenges and Warioware-esque remixes. The 3DS Remix has more games on offer than the Wii U's NES Remix 2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is probably the best of the batch if you want a challenging action-adventure.

But if you are looking to buy physical copies of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and NES Remix 2/Ultimate, but probably not Mario Golf World Tour, then that is probably the best choice. Go for what you are least likely to buy as your freebie reward because then you can have collectable physical copies of whatever you like more.
    The golf multi-player I've had fun with was always taking turns on the big screen in the same room ala N64 or Wii. I don't really know people with 3DSs, and even if I did, I can't imagine getting together and pulling out our 3DSs to
    play. I think I've settled on DKC.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Has anyone received their stuff in the mail yet? I ordered the zelda pouch around february i want to say or whenever it went live. Still have yet to get it. Is this normal?
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyone View Post
    Has anyone received their stuff in the mail yet? I ordered the zelda pouch around february i want to say or whenever it went live. Still have yet to get it. Is this normal?
    When Nintendo sends out a physical Club Nintendo reward, the company sends the recipient an e-mail to let him/her know the thing is on the way. Did you get one of these yet? If not, check your Club Nintendo account's "orders" page to make sure your recent order is listed. If it is, everything is good and all you need to do is to be patient. If it is not listed, then I guess you should place an order to replace the missing one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyone View Post
    A couple of us are in the same boat (see earlier in this thread). It seems like they haven't made the pouches yet or something, since other things ordered recently have shipped, but no word about the pouches.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

It's time to make the pouches
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Acht, silly me! The case is 400 and not 300. Guess I won't be getting that after all. I'm not a big fan of cases anyway; they're a good way to lose all your games at once. Plus I have a cheap one already that I picked up from dx.com.

Seems to me there are much better unofficial T-shirt designs out there.

What shall I do with 300 coins?
    Choice is agony! I don't think I want to back out of getting the bag and get a T-shirt and card case instead, but I whupped myself for those coins and heck if I'm going to spend less than 1100.

Fluidity: Spin Cycle seems to have gotten the best reviews of anything on offer in that point range. Has anyone here played it?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Fluidity: Spin Cycle seems to have gotten the best reviews of anything on offer in that point range. Has anyone here played it?
    I haven't played it, but I did some research about it when I had been thinking about getting it. I ultimately didn't get Fluidity when I learnt the game uses motion controls, so to play it, you have to spin your 3DS clockwise and counterclockwise. I don't usually enjoy motion controls or touchscreen controls in my games, so I skipped on Fluidity. However, if this control scheme doesn't bug you or if, in fact, you enjoy motion controls, then this game has a cheerful visual design and lots of *ahem* head-spinning challenges for you to enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you have a Wii, there's a nice demo of the original Fluidity that's available via the Wii Shop. That should help you make your decision since with the gameplay videos I've seen, the 3DS follow-up follows this formula pretty closely. It's also motion based of course, using a Wii remote.

To me, while a fine game and a neat concept, I kind of tired of it by the end of the demo and decided it wasn't worth $10.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 04-28-2015 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Do you think Harmoknight is a better idea? That would be the alternative.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Do you think Harmoknight is a better idea? That would be the alternative.
    If it boils down to HarmoKnight or Fluidity, I would definitely go with HarmoKnight. That game is very charming and has many stages and a lot of content. Some of it is childish, but it is good fun. Plus if you like Pokemon, there are hidden Pokemon songs in HarmoKnight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The price of the physical rewards has just been slashed. Too late for me to cancel my bag, alas, but at least I can still get a card case now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow that sucks, if I known they'd actually be generous for once I would have held out. With the points I had I could have had 2 of the good things like that Mario shirt or the bag too along with the pouch. :\ Now I have 125 coin and the minimum is 150.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In the grand scheme of things, it was probably just as likely that things would start selling out rather than getting price cuts.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have been platinum every year but I was too lazy with the vouchers.

I have 240 points and am gridlocked on what to spend them on. Most of the stuff I would want is out of my price range and the 200 points or less stuff I already own in physical form. Right now it's looking like a toss up between Looksley's Line Up and Super Mario Bros. 2 for the WiiU. I've seen some negative press on Looksley's and heard it's both short and hard to get to work but the footage of it on YouTube captivated me years back.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would have too if they didn't screw around and cut off the points early as I was banking on the New3DS putting me over the top along with a couple other 3DS games.

INterestingly people are slowly getting their physical rewards and there's a good amount of complaining. The Zelda puzzle is tiny sized, despite the pieces it's very small, and it just ships in a paper bag with Zelda art on it, folded and glued at top. The Majora bag is like the pikmin one, so it's small, thin, can't handle any considerable load, it's more for show. The zelda 8bit pouch no one has yet, people are concerned (as am I) that it may be a cheap out little nylon bag maybe with heat pressed art on it instead of quality like the club mario red(or blue) on gray reversable thing the shop had in the past.