Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Nintendo Update! Good News!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How do you register games you purchased on the wii store channel?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGex View Post
    How do you register games you purchased on the wii store channel?
    There is a 1-800 number on the FAQ page. Call it and they'll set you up.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you tie your Wii to your Club Nintendo account, many of them will do so automatically. I haven't called them, yet there they are, listed on my registered software page. Doesn't work for it all though.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 12-17-2008 at 09:45 PM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

From what I'm reading on other forums, it seems that most people are only having issues with VC games. Channels seems to register themselves once the account and Wii are linked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Does anyone find it odd that with the Virtual Console/Wii Ware selection, 3rd Party Games are worth Coins?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's rather neat. Maybe N gets a bigger license fee chunk from those titles? Interesting.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wanna know what's FUCKED up?
    Since our user names are really our email address's, I can't link my Wii to Club Nintendo because it's too long. It cuts it off at .com.
    Any bright ideas on that one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DustnF
    PSN
    Alfador

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    Wanna know what's FUCKED up?
    Since our user names are really our email address's, I can't link my Wii to Club Nintendo because it's too long. It cuts it off at .com.
    Any bright ideas on that one?
    Get a shorter email..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Quote Originally Posted by neuropolitique View Post
    Cry me a river. They implement a program that gives you FREE shit and you complain? Fucking crybaby. What you got all those years were fun games to play. What else are you owed? No one asked you to "preach the gospel of Nintendo", as you put it. Grow up and get the free stuff you have coming. If you are as big a fanboy as you sound you already have enough points for most of the things on there.
    Listen, I even stated in my post that I don't feel that that I am owed anything by Nintendo or any company(read the post). What I am saying is that Nintendo has the means and ability (aka. funding) to make their customers happy by allowing Gamecube and Gameboy Advance games to be logged yet they refuse to do so. This is obviously a sour subject to many Nintendo fans and as a Nintendo fan I reflect that. I just see it as poor customer service and I choose not to support a company that doesn't strive for that satisfaction (especially when they are VERY financially capable to do so). I have to be honest, the ONLY thing that sparks my interest with the points is the Game & Watch DS game (which I would have enough coins for with DS & Wii games alone) so this has nothing to do with me "wanting free stuff". The issue with me is that Nintendo has become (if not already) a low price commodity in the gaming market. Everything from product quality control, customer service, factory productivity is going downhill from here and I don't want to support a company that does not see their customer as #1 priority (be it me or ANY other Nintendo fan......even those who are trash talking me).
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    If you tie your Wii to your Club Nintendo account, many of them will do so automatically. I haven't called them, yet there they are, listed on my registered software page. Doesn't work for it all though.
    I can see my virtual console games and channels there, but it does not generate surveys like the other games. So I called Nintendo, and the rep stated that they are still working on it. She also said the site is new, they are still adding features and options to the site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's what I figured. Thanks for saving me a phone call.

I said screw it. I ordered a Game & Watch anyways.

I don't have a gamerscore but now, I have a different variety of ePenis... Platinum member status. I wonder what the freebie is going to be this year?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    Listen, I even stated in my post that I don't feel that that I am owed anything by Nintendo or any company(read the post). What I am saying is that Nintendo has the means and ability (aka. funding) to make their customers happy by allowing Gamecube and Gameboy Advance games to be logged yet they refuse to do so. This is obviously a sour subject to many Nintendo fans and as a Nintendo fan I reflect that. I just see it as poor customer service and I choose not to support a company that doesn't strive for that satisfaction (especially when they are VERY financially capable to do so). I have to be honest, the ONLY thing that sparks my interest with the points is the Game & Watch DS game (which I would have enough coins for with DS & Wii games alone) so this has nothing to do with me "wanting free stuff". The issue with me is that Nintendo has become (if not already) a low price commodity in the gaming market. Everything from product quality control, customer service, factory productivity is going downhill from here and I don't want to support a company that does not see their customer as #1 priority (be it me or ANY other Nintendo fan......even those who are trash talking me).
    Go use Club Sony then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I will probably regret this later, but I ordered the Wii remote holder for 300 points. I do not see me reaching 800 points anytime in the next year, so I blew all my coins on this purchase. Lets see how long it takes to get shipped. I did receive an email confirming the order already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have transfered my "My Nintendo" account to Nintendo Club and i am gonna start to get coins, i do not know why people are complaining; there are very nice gifts.

Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gillian Seed X
    PSN
    RyJonJinn

Club Nintendo Controller would be awesome!
    Last edited by Buns34; 12-18-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Go use Club Sony then.
    Why? That has nothing to do with my posts. Regardless of clubs or not Nintendo is getting to be a company run completely by accountants and not game developers. Sure, making profit for shareholders IS the reason that Nintendo (or any other public company) exists but if Nintendo want's the money of the increasingly growing disgruntled fan base then they have to realize that they need to give their fans what they want (within reason). Now, it's completely reasonable that Nintendo let players register GBA games and Gamecube games for coins given their extremely large and rapidly growing bankroll. I can see them disallowing Gamcube and GBA games if Nintendo were on the ropes and were gasping for breath but obviously this is not the case. I can easily see Nintendo get in the same position they were in before the Wii. Their going to have some accountant tell them that they can hold back more production, charge more for less of a console, put more restrictions on these "coins", etc. because the fan base is not going to care because they are the mighty Nintendo and they are loved by all and the math on the paper shows that they can't possibly lose. Well, let me tell you this has been the downfall of many companies in the past and the EXACT same monster is starting to show it's ugly head with this "small" administrative decision.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Between the Wii and the DS, they've sold 133 million systems this gen, and if anything, sales are speeding up...who is this alleged "increasingly growing disgruntled fan base" you keep mentioning?

And while I'm at it...if you want GBA games, then I want all my NES and original Game Boy games to count, oh, and I have a card deck then made 50 years ago too!! I WANNA REGISTER THAT TOO, cheapskates! They have to draw a line somewhere... systems that are still alive kinda makes sense.
    Last edited by scooterb23; 12-18-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    Why? That has nothing to do with my posts. Regardless of clubs or not Nintendo is getting to be a company run completely by accountants and not game developers. Sure, making profit for shareholders IS the reason that Nintendo (or any other public company) exists but if Nintendo want's the money of the increasingly growing disgruntled fan base then they have to realize that they need to give their fans what they want (within reason). Now, it's completely reasonable that Nintendo let players register GBA games and Gamecube games for coins given their extremely large and rapidly growing bankroll. I can see them disallowing Gamcube and GBA games if Nintendo were on the ropes and were gasping for breath but obviously this is not the case. I can easily see Nintendo get in the same position they were in before the Wii. Their going to have some accountant tell them that they can hold back more production, charge more for less of a console, put more restrictions on these "coins", etc. because the fan base is not going to care because they are the mighty Nintendo and they are loved by all and the math on the paper shows that they can't possibly lose. Well, let me tell you this has been the downfall of many companies in the past and the EXACT same monster is starting to show it's ugly head with this "small" administrative decision.
    What are you even talking about? Because Nintendo is doing well as a company they should give you free shit? That makes no sense, specially with the world's economies as they are. Why do you feel so entitled?

This is a voluntary program that gives you free stuff for games you probably already own. If you don't like it, don't participate.

You know, after reading your posts I feel entitled to something free. From now on I will collect one coin for every one of your posts. Unfortunately for me this does not include posts prior to May 1, 2008. When I collect enough coins I will redeem them for some free stuff. The stuff you have sucks, so I'll be forced to save my coins hoping for something better in the future. This program sucks.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You know, after reading your posts I feel entitled to something free. From now on I will collect one coin for every one of your posts. Unfortunately for me this does not include posts prior to May 1, 2008. When I collect enough coins I will redeem them for some free stuff. The stuff you have sucks, so I'll be forced to save my coins hoping for something better in the future. This program sucks.
    Go use Club GameFAQs then.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ooooo burn.