Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Nintendo Update! Good News!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gillian Seed X
    PSN
    RyJonJinn

So it tells me that my My Nintendo account was transfered over to Club Nintendo, but then when i go to log in, i get this every time:

"Welcome to Club Nintendo. Transferring your My Nintendo account to Club Nintendo is easy, but we may need some additional information to complete the process. Please click "Join Club Nintendo Now" to continue. NOTE: Make sure to provide the email address associated to your My Nintendo account to successfully transfer your account."

This sucks because i had around 300 games registered, including Virtual Console games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So what, you forgot the email you registered your My Nintendo under? Why don't you just call them?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Get a shorter email..?
    Or call the 1-800 number..?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Everything of mine transferred (bar World of Goo which I sent an email for) and I never got an email at all...

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, I have a whopping 50 points. :P Too bad most of my games are from third parties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    Between the Wii and the DS, they've sold 133 million systems this gen, and if anything, sales are speeding up...who is this alleged "increasingly growing disgruntled fan base" you keep mentioning?

And while I'm at it...if you want GBA games, then I want all my NES and original Game Boy games to count, oh, and I have a card deck then made 50 years ago too!! I WANNA REGISTER THAT TOO, cheapskates! They have to draw a line somewhere... systems that are still alive kinda makes sense.
    Did you even read all of my posts? I said that I can see why they would not honor any of their systems before Gamecube and Gameboy Advance. That would not be reasonable for Nintendo to do that and that would not be practical. Honoring the Gameboy Advance and Gamecube would be very reasonable. Listen, I don't understand why all of the people thrashing me do not understand that this has NOTHING to do with getting free stuff. It has EVERYTHING to do with how Nintendo is becoming a company STRICTLY run by the bottom line while kicking customer satisfaction to the curb. Nintendo absolutely will not and can not survive if they keep on this path. How long will it take the new Nintendo fans to turn away because of these BS policies? When Nintendo alienates these new "non-gamer" fans then who else can they turn to? I know that the fans in the "hardcore" gamer group are already leaving them in droves. Many purists that hate DLC and refuse to pay $5 for a SMB game are leaving. You have people leaving because a they can't play a Japanese game because it's locked out by territory. People are leaving because they can't even get their hand on a Wii because of a 2+ year factory "shortage". These are REAL sticking points for gamers that can't be ignored. Thrash me all you want but this is happening NOW and there is no way to deny it.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    Did you even read all of my posts? I said that I can see why they would not honor any of their systems before Gamecube and Gameboy Advance. That would not be reasonable for Nintendo to do that and that would not be practical. Honoring the Gameboy Advance and Gamecube would be very reasonable. Listen, I don't understand why all of the people thrashing me do not understand that this has NOTHING to do with getting free stuff. It has EVERYTHING to do with how Nintendo is becoming a company STRICTLY run by the bottom line while kicking customer satisfaction to the curb. Nintendo absolutely will not and can not survive if they keep on this path. How long will it take the new Nintendo fans to turn away because of these BS policies? When Nintendo alienates these new "non-gamer" fans then who else can they turn to? I know that the fans in the "hardcore" gamer group are already leaving them in droves. Many purists that hate DLC and refuse to pay $5 for a SMB game are leaving. You have people leaving because a they can't play a Japanese game because it's locked out by territory. People are leaving because they can't even get their hand on a Wii because of a 2+ year factory "shortage". These are REAL sticking points for gamers that can't be ignored. Thrash me all you want but this is happening NOW and there is no way to deny it.
    let me get this straight. Nintendo brings a program to the US that gives away free stuff for buying their games and they are kicking customer satisfaction to the curb? Do you think your posts through before you press submit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gillian Seed X
    PSN
    RyJonJinn

No the email is fine. They tell me that everything is transfered over, The problem is it wont let me log in to Club Nintendo?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buns34 View Post
    No the email is fine. They tell me that everything is transfered over, The problem is it wont let me log in to Club Nintendo?
    Ok here is what happened to me, somehow I had two accounts one for My Nintendo and one for the store. Both had the same email address. After speaking with a customer service, they told me that they had a memo that stopped the emailing of password resets and My Nintendo to Club Nintendo account transfer activation email. After they eliminated one of my emails, my password reset request was immediate. Then I filled out my name, age and email to transfer my account. Club Nintendo's site script showed that my account is transfered yadda yadda. I get an email with a link to activate the account. Hopefully this helps with people with Club Nintendo activation/transfer problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it went well for me at least. I migrated the ol' My Nintendo account through their automated setup to the new Club Nintendo system, and it picked up any of my old games that were eligible for surveys (and coins). There were only about 5 of 'em.

Then I went to my Nintendo shelf in the game room and pulled all the registration codes I'd been saving up since they first hinted that Club Nintendo might be coming to the USA. I guess it's been a while, because I had a good sized stack of Wii and DS papers.

A couple hours and many surveys later, I've got 1,220 coins and a nice shiny Platinum icon next to my name. Now I'm just waiting for something other than the Game & Watch Collection to catch my eye.
    DP Buy/Sell feedback is here: GM80's Feedback Thread

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I registered all my stuff earlier tonight...I am sitting on 730 points right now. I love that they finally offered this here in the US though I do wish that system would give you some points, and that any game you register would at least give you like 10 points just for the trouble of doing it. I understand the survey part of it being worth more, but why not give you something for logging in and typing out the codes? Big thumbs up to finally have this since Japan has had it for years.
    ~~NGD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why? That has nothing to do with my posts. Regardless of clubs or not Nintendo is getting to be a company run completely by accountants and not game developers. Sure, making profit for shareholders IS the reason that Nintendo (or any other public company) exists but if Nintendo want's the money of the increasingly growing disgruntled fan base then they have to realize that they need to give their fans what they want (within reason). Now, it's completely reasonable that Nintendo let players register GBA games and Gamecube games for coins given their extremely large and rapidly growing bankroll. I can see them disallowing Gamcube and GBA games if Nintendo were on the ropes and were gasping for breath but obviously this is not the case. I can easily see Nintendo get in the same position they were in before the Wii. Their going to have some accountant tell them that they can hold back more production, charge more for less of a console, put more restrictions on these "coins", etc. because the fan base is not going to care because they are the mighty Nintendo and they are loved by all and the math on the paper shows that they can't possibly lose. Well, let me tell you this has been the downfall of many companies in the past and the EXACT same monster is starting to show it's ugly head with this "small" administrative decision.
    I think you are missing the real point of this program, which is to gather data from the surveys regarding advertising methods.

What possible value can obtaining advertising data from two platforms declared dead 2-3 years ago give Nintendo? The data is obviously outdated, and the incredibly vast majority of what people enter would be hazy as memory blurs over time - making it useless.

Adding older games to their system adds absolutely no value to the company or the consumer, even if you think it does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was having the same problem alot of people had, after merging the old club with the new it would take me back to the login page, which was solved when i used firefox, anyway i was able to take the surveys and am now at platinum status, but i havent merged my wii vc games yet.

hopefully theyll offer the wii sfc controller. also looks like your points expire once a year around the summer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
    also looks like your points expire once a year around the summer.
    They expire? Fuck that then. I don't buy enough Nintendo stuff to ever make this worth the effort. Considering a simple game case costs 300 coins, how many games a year do they think people buy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    They expire? Fuck that then. I don't buy enough Nintendo stuff to ever make this worth the effort. Considering a simple game case costs 300 coins, how many games a year do they think people buy?
    I think their logic was more along the lines of 600points Platinum Status = 12 Wii games = 1 per month

The points expire, but every 2 years. Just your status is reset every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Handy Dandy FAQ
    How can I reach Gold or Platinum status?
    Gold or Platinum status is based on the number of Coins earned in a Club Nintendo year. Each Club Nintendo year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30. If you earn 300 Coins during a Club Nintendo year you will reach Gold status. Earn 600 Coins during a Club Nintendo year and reach Platinum status!

Club Nintendo members that reach Gold or Platinum status by the end of the Club Nintendo year, will be sent a special reward. Special rewards will be announced shortly after June 30 and shipped later in the year.

Your status will reset annually on June 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Handy Dandy FAQ
    Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?
    Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It has EVERYTHING to do with how Nintendo is becoming a company STRICTLY run by the bottom line while kicking customer satisfaction to the curb. Nintendo absolutely will not and can not survive if they keep on this path. How long will it take the new Nintendo fans to turn away because of these BS policies? When Nintendo alienates these new "non-gamer" fans then who else can they turn to? I know that the fans in the "hardcore" gamer group are already leaving them in droves. Many purists that hate DLC and refuse to pay $5 for a SMB game are leaving. You have people leaving because a they can't play a Japanese game because it's locked out by territory. People are leaving because they can't even get their hand on a Wii because of a 2+ year factory "shortage". These are REAL sticking points for gamers that can't be ignored. Thrash me all you want but this is happening NOW and there is no way to deny it.
    You sir are an idiot. Here are the facts.

NPD November Sales Numbers:

- Wii - 2,040,000
    • Nintendo DS - 1,570,000
    • Xbox 360 - 836,000
    • PSP - 421,000
    • PlayStation 3 - 378,000
    • PlayStation 2 - 206,000

Over 2 million Wiis were sold in November ALONE. There is no shortage, there is no conspiracy. They are still flying off the shelves, and they are printing money. Even if Nintendo makes a HUGE Blunder with the "Wii2" there is no way they are going anywhere with all the income made from both the DS and the Wii. Shit while we are at it, lets look at the software sales for November, specifically the top 20 games sold:

So we have the following:Wii Play, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Music, Animal Crossing City Folk, Pokemon Ranger, and Mario Kart DS all FIRST PARTY TITLES. Oh yeah just so you are counting, those all are eligible for coins on Club Nintendo. This doesn't include Rock Band and Guitar Hero for Wii which are on that list as well! So out of the top 20 games sold in November, 9 are games for Nintendo Systems.

Next Note. DLC isn't for purists. It's for Joe Average to relive the games they played in 1985. You want pure? Buy a cartridge. They are making money hand over fist via the Virtual Console.

Short point, NO ONE IS LEAVING except a very small percentage. In fact, they are gaining more and more fans that have never been exposed to videogames by the SECOND. If YOU want to leave Nintendo, then fine go ahead and do so. But 2.04 million people who bought the Wii last month are staying.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buns34 View Post
    Try to register again as a new user and use the email of your original "my nintendo" account to transfer the account

Damn the complainers
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jupitersj
    PSN
    jupitersj

Metroid Prime Pinball gives you no coins....wow what ass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

How do you register games that do not have a serial number card? My only Wii games that have one are Zelda and Super Smash Brothers.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    How do you register games that do not have a serial number card? My only Wii games that have one are Zelda and Super Smash Brothers.
    You can't, dunno about the future though I doubt they will have a system to register games without the card. They won't know if you actually have the game or went to a store and copied the sku.