Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Nintendo Update! Good News!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got gold status with games I had already registered and pretty close to platinum but hoping to get the game and watch fairly soon.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really getting tired of seeing "Sorry!" on the Club Nintendo page.
    What the hell have they been doing the past 3 days?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    Getting assraped by soccer moms registering the thousands of games they got their kids over Christmas, I'd imagine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    HalfCabLeroy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    Yeah I'm getting tired of seeing that as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can understand why some people are frustrated with the service.
    If I bought a Nintendo-published game at full retail price, registered it, and didn't recieve any coins, I'd probably feel the same way.

It's a shame that they don't at least give 1 little coin to people that've bought and registered products prior to the Wii and DS generation. It's definitely not good PR whenever Nintendo alienates their core users.

Just my 2 coins. (lolols)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the site is up this morning (10am) took a couple of times to register my 3 new games, but got them to work finally.

Rick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    Between the Wii and the DS, they've sold 133 million systems this gen, and if anything, sales are speeding up...who is this alleged "increasingly growing disgruntled fan base" you keep mentioning?

And while I'm at it...if you want GBA games, then I want all my NES and original Game Boy games to count, oh, and I have a card deck then made 50 years ago too!! I WANNA REGISTER THAT TOO, cheapskates! They have to draw a line somewhere... systems that are still alive kinda makes sense.
    I'd settle for all my DS and Wii stuff being recognized. Sure, it'd be nice if they did the same for GC and GBA stuff as they came with the codes and all, but I'd settle with what systems they are currently supporting for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I own two copies of Animal Crossing for the DS. It's a supported game that should give 30 coins. I paid full price for both copies. I registered one copy and got full points for it. I tried to register the second copy and it won't let me. It tells me that I've already registered that game.

What does it care? I paid for the game. I've got a valid PIN to register, yet I'm being screwed because I'm an (overly) loyal customer. what the hell? At first I was going to register an account for my wife and register it under hers, but I want the points in my account and she'll never accumulate enough points to make it worth giving her an account.

Is there any way to resolve this? Would making a family account help?

edit: It looks like a family account should help. I think it allows members in the family group to share coins between accounts, so I could create an account for my wife, register the game in her name, and basically treat those coins as my own. Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 01-02-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Is there any way to resolve this? Would making a family account help?

edit: It looks like a family account should help. I think it allows members in the family group to share coins between accounts, so I could create an account for my wife, register the game in her name, and basically treat those coins as my own. Can anyone confirm this?
    From what I read(awhile ago) it won't help you get points. You'd be able to register the extra game by creating a family account, but you wouldn't be able to get points for it. I'll try to find where I read this, I hope I'll find it again.

I haven't registered any of my games yet, all I want is that Game and Watch game but there's no way that I would have enough first party games to get it. I would have kept an eye out for cheap games just so I could register them, but seeing that I can only register 1 copy for each game, I wouldn't bother. Maybe I'll get enough someday, until then I won't register.

Edit: I found it in the FAQ, I was right.
    Why can't I register more than one of any product in my Club Nintendo account?
    You can register as many of any one product (systems or games) as there are members in your Family Account. Please note that only the first game registered will be eligible for the survey and Coins.
    Last edited by Gameguy; 01-02-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo, as quoted by Gameguy
    Why can't I register more than one of any product in my Club Nintendo account?
    You can register as many of any one product (systems or games) as there are members in your Family Account. Please note that only the first game registered will be eligible for the survey and Coins.
    Goddamnit! Why would they do that? I paid for the damn thing twice I should get points for each purchase.

I can understand not giving points for older systems because they don't make money off of that, but come on, if I purchase Smash Bros. Brawl 10 times, they make 10 times the money and I should get 10 times the coins. Fuck that Nintendo, Fuck that.

Gameguy, I'm not shooting the messenger here, I do really appreciate the help. Thanks for the finding that.
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 01-02-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Gameguy, I'm not shooting the messenger here, I do really appreciate the help. Thanks for the finding that.
    No worries, I know you were directing that at Nintendo.

Only thing I can think of is exchanging codes with other people who have multiple copies of games, if you have a few copies of Brain Age exchange codes with someone who has multiple copies of Professor Layton, etc.

There's no way I can afford to get enough first party games to get that Game and Watch, unless I can find used copies for cheap somewhere($5-$10 each). Or even Wii games just to register and then sell off. I have the original DS so I can't even register that(only the Lites qualify).

I like the DS and there are games that I really enjoy, but I don't know if it's really worth investing that much into it. I can tell there will be some problems with it eventually. There's ridges on the connectors so cleaning the cards will be a problem, I've already had some used games that couldn't be recognized, I had to reinsert the game a few times to get it to work(I'm not sure what to use to clean them, Q-tips don't fit). Plus I really would have prefered if it used standard batteries instead of rechargeable, the batteries for the original DS are already discontinued so I hope mine won't wear out anytime soon. If I'm on a long road trip and the battery goes dead I'm screwed, I can't just buy some more at a gas station and there's no way to recharge it at that moment. Even the older systems that used regular batteries had optional rechargeable packs available, just to save on the cost of batteries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gameguy, you could always get a car charger or usb charger. I made a usb charger for my original DS in about 10 minutes using an old usb cable I had sitting around.

Good idea about the trade..

I now have an Animal Crossing DS registration code to trade. PM me if you have something to trade yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Gameguy, you could always get a car charger or usb charger. I made a usb charger for my original DS in about 10 minutes using an old usb cable I had sitting around.
    That's true, I could get a car adapter. I don't really take my portable systems with me though, it was more of a hypothetical problem(having to always buy extra stuff to get around preventable design issues bothers me too). What happens to me is when I finally get a chance to really play some DS games, the light turns orange and dies shortly afterwards, I have to wait a few hours for it to recharge and there goes my playtime. Where I like to sit and play there's no spare outlet, I recharge my DS in the kitchen and I don't want to stand by the counter to play(it happened to me yesterday, the first time I got a chance to play it in months).

As for the codes, I'm not even sure if the codes are game specific. Are they just randomly inserted into different first party games? Would you be able to say that they're from any game you wanted? Maybe worth a shot.

There's also a way to get bonus points, there's a wish list on Club Nintendo where you can list games that you're planning to get. If you purchase a game on your wish list and register it you'll get 10 additional points. Just add games to your wish list before registering them. I'll try to find where I read this.

Edit: I found it.
    How can I earn Coins?
    You can earn Coins by:

* Registering a Wii or Nintendo DS game and completing a quick survey.
    o Wii games = 50 Coins
    o Nintendo DS games = 30 Coins
    o Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels = 10 Coins
    * Indicating your intent to buy a game. You'll earn 10 extra Coins after you buy it, register it and complete the survey.
    * Registering a Nintendo game and completing a quick survey within 4 weeks of its launch. You'll earn an additional 10 Coins!
    * Completing a Post Play survey that will be available within 4-6 after the release of a game. You'll earn an additional 10 Coins!
    Last edited by Gameguy; 01-02-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

I recieved an e-mail from Nintendo yesterday saying they were going to give me 50 free coins for joining Club Nintendo. Anybody else get this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, I didn't.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder when they'll get around to using the "intend to buy" thing. I'd definatley be more apt to buy something if they'd start that up.

The only thing about this that's bugging me, is that they make you wait up to 6 weeks before you can do the survey for Wii Shop Channel games. I don't need 6 weeks to tell you how I feel about Secret of Mana.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i signed up and of all the stuff I registered only 2 games carried over and gave me any points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

I signed up and with a little help from someone, I have my Game and Watch collection on its way. Thanks for the extra points Mr. Stu!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by icbrkr View Post
    I signed up and with a little help from someone, I have my Game and Watch collection on its way. Thanks for the extra points Mr. Stu!
    You bought me the game! It was only fair to give you the points!

I havn't seen any of the Mario Hat DS bookends anywhere yet. Has anyone ordered a set?
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Moving the discussion on a bit, I'm wondering why the order of the games on your "Registered" list is so random. It doesn't seem to be organized in any way, neither by platform, name or even release date.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29