Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default searching for a JP Saturn game

Sakamoto Ryuuma: Ishin Kaikoku - factory sealed

I need this one to complete my set of RON strategy games

it never shows up on ebay... not even used

1998 release, possible rarity... will pay any reasonable price
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh God bless you, Adol! I knew it would be on yahoo.jp, if it was anywhere, but I couldn't find it there on my own for the life of me! I'm getting signed up with Rinkya now, so I can bid on it! I should've done this a long time ago... glad there's still a few days left in the auction, so I'll still have a chance at it

THANKS!

Get BIT!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was even a 2nd factory sealed one,but for more..i'm sure you'll get it under 2000Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I didn't see the other one... I hope this works out well... I had to use another service instead of Rinkya, since they're so anal about credit cards... they don't allow joint accounts... WTF? so I used Japamart instead... they look to be a better service anyway... I can use my deposit toward the final balance there... I couldn't do that with Rinkya... and I don't have alot of money in my bank account to tie up in deposits, plus shipping fees, etc...

EDIT: WHOA! I just found the other one... WAY MORE THAN I WANNA HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!

P.S.: I notice that other listing says that it is rare, so perhaps I was right... it's not so rare that you can't find 2 sealed copies on yahoo.jp at once, and a couple more used copies, but for some reason it's rare enough that it hasn't shown up in any condition on ebay that I know of since I missed out on a sealed copy there a few years ago... so this is the first time I've seen it since ten... except in my desiring mind... I've had it's image burned there for as long as my foot has been kicking my ass for passing up on that one on ebay when I had the chance to get it... the problem was, I had already bought a ton from that particular seller, and my EMS shipping bill was already sky high... so something had to wait for another order, and unfotunately when I went back to get it later, it was already sold to someone else... so now I find out what I long suspected... yahoo.jp is a bigger Japanese candy store than ebay!

so this is how you complete all those awesome fullsets of yours, huh Adol? AMAZING... all these years of searching on ebay, and I never knew how easy it is to shop on yahoo.jp now, and actually be able to find exactly what you're looking for at an affordable price! I'm afraid I'm gonna have a renewed addiction soon, and alot more imports in my collection...

so the auction ends early on Christmas morning... PERFECT... a long awaited gift for me from Santa... it's about time I don't have to search for it anymore!
    Last edited by Iron Draggon; 12-21-2008 at 08:42 AM.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yahoo Japan is a MUCH bigger candy store than eBay. The deals are ridiculous.

Glad you found what you wanted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have always wanted to use yahoo.japan. I love imports! I have always been afraid it would be a big pain in the ass for an American like myself with no knowledge of Japanese. How easy is it and what sites/services should I use to make purchases smooth?

I'd like to get a copy of Elevator Action Returns, Crows, and start collecting FDS again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork View Post
    Yahoo Japan is a MUCH bigger candy store than eBay. The deals are ridiculous.

Glad you found what you wanted!
    yeah, now if only I could afford it all!

Dungeons & Dragons Collection - factory sealed - $500!

I didn't know it's reached Radiant Silvergun prices now!

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    I have always wanted to use yahoo.japan. I love imports! I have always been afraid it would be a big pain in the ass for an American like myself with no knowledge of Japanese. How easy is it and what sites/services should I use to make purchases smooth?

I'd like to get a copy of Elevator Action Returns, Crows, and start collecting FDS again.
    well so far Japamart has been very easy, and alot less hassle to get set up and approved for bidding than Rinkya was... I'll keep you posted how it goes

I see why it's best to know what the game you're looking for looks like though, cause searching for games by their English names seems to be useless... I'm having to search for Saturn games, or whatever, and then narrow it down by category... after that, I had to ask them how to search for new unopened games, and they told me the Japanese characters to use:

新品 - (new)
    未開封 - (unopened)

in case you were wondering, now you know... if anyone knows any other characters I should know to search for factory sealed games, let me know!

anyhow, you have to make a deposit with a credit card after you register, to get approved for bidding... and Rinkya was real anal about the billing address matching the shipping address exactly... Japamart was too, but they only check your paypal account info for an exact match, they don't check your credit card info... so that helped me out alot, in my particular financial situation, because I needed to use my mom's credit card to fund my bidding... once that checks out, you can bid up to twice the amount you deposited, but at Japamart you have to use another service to translate all the text and convert your currency to yen... it doesn't do it for you like Rinkya does, but I've been using these other sites to do that for me just fine:

language translation: http://www.appliedlanguage.com/free_translation.shtml

currency conversion: http://www.xe.com/

like bidding services, there's tons of others you can use, just google them... Japamart had links to tons of other services, but those are the ones I've come to prefer... they seem to work better than any others that I've tried

I haven't run across any copies of Elevator Action Returns yet, but I'm sure it's there somewhere... I haven't seen it on ebay in a long time either, but I only search for it factory sealed, so that narrows down my chances of finding it alot... which is good for me, cause I can't afford to buy alot very often, and when I do, I'm usually not able to spend alot... triple digit priced games have become a holiday budget only item lately, and prolly will stay that way for alot longer... but once I can afford to spend alot, I will be shopping there!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post

I've seen both on there recently. Someone had a nice ~100 game lot of Saturn titles including Crows recently. There's always big game lots of FDS stuff there, too. I buy a fair amount of large lots on there, it's so economical. Shipping would be a bitch to the US, tho.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    so this is how you complete all those awesome fullsets of yours, huh Adol? AMAZING... all these years of searching on ebay, and I never knew how easy it is to shop on yahoo.jp now, and actually be able to find exactly what you're looking for at an affordable price! I'm afraid I'm gonna have a renewed addiction soon, and alot more imports in my collection...!
    Well,i got stuff on Yahoo,but i got some on Ebay too.
    sometimes you make better deals on Ebay for japanese stuff than on Yahoo..you just have to look,search,and buy
    With deputy services,etc,sometimes prices can be expensive too( double of the price of what you initially bid)

The characters you have for factory sealed is plain sufficient.

For Elevator Action Returns or Crows,were you looking for Factory Sealed copies?
    Because they're hell expensive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Naw, not sealed for me. I just want them complete with obi-strip and in at least very good condition. Still have to pay a pretty penny though.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wit spine card,Elevator Action Returns is generally in 4000Y range,while Crows often goes for more than 10000Y.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well it finally arrived in the mail today... YAY! I ended up having to pay more for shipping & service charges than I did for the game, but it was well worth it... final price for the game was about $20, and shipping & service charges were about $30 by the time I had to pay for shipping from where the item was to where the service was, then from there to me... so it took a while longer than usual, but now I can finally add it to my collection! HOORAY!

THANKS for finding it for me, Adol!

Get BIT!