Thread: Freeware mobile phone game, Super Fighter Block Battle - released!

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Freeware mobile phone game, Super Fighter Block Battle - released!

Hello, everyone, and Merry Christmas to you.

If you own any of the following mobile phones: Nokia 3600, 3620, 3650, 3660, N-Gage, N-Gage QD, 6600, 3230, 6260, 6620, 6670, 6710, 6630, 6680, 6681, 6682, N70, N72, N90 - you're invited to come try out our newest game: Super Fighter Block Battle - completely free of charge!

In development since 2005, it's our first official follow-up to Super Fighter, and we're very excited to finally be releasing it to the public. The gameplay is a Tetris variant that offers two ways to win or lose: Either by the screen filling up or through players taking too much damage! This unique approach offers up a real challenge, especially when the pieces are dropping quickly! Three different game modes are included, one of them being a Bluetooth two-player mode.

Thanks for your interest, and please drop by the Super Fighter Block Battle website to have a look at this new, free game!

---

While many of you may not consider a mobile phone game to be "classic", I'll explain my reasons for posting about it in this particular forum section: For one, it is an official follow-up to the original Super Fighter game from 1993. Secondly, it was developed for the 2nd generation of Series 60 Symbian handsets, which are now being phased out in favor of the newer, more advanced devices. To mobile phone enthusiasts, the 2nd generation platform truly is "classic" by today's standards.
    Cruise by Diskman Presents : filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

a new game for my N-Gage, well thanks very much, best Christmas prezzie ever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    a new game for my N-Gage, well thanks very much, best Christmas prezzie ever
    I'm not sure if you were being serious or sarcastic, considering the curious reputation of the N-Gage. However, if you did/do end up giving the game a try, I'd like to know what you thought of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder View Post
    Hello.

I'm not sure if you were being serious or sarcastic, considering the curious reputation of the N-Gage. However, if you did/do end up giving the game a try, I'd like to know what you thought of it.
    Having tried the game yet, but nothing sarcastic about the N-Gage, it's an excellent gaming handheld, and believe me, I got the complete collection to prove my point (you can already find Block Battle in my collection):
    http://www.videogamecollectors.com/g..._itemId=192136
    I start up my N-Gage in the new year and give the game a try, I'll let you know.
    Last edited by tom; 12-29-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Excellent, a nice game of Tetris. I installed it on my N-Gage and I will take it along to my workplace, great fun, especially the faster levels.
    Only thing is, I can't really see what's going on with the fighters, as I concentrate on the Tetris gameplay most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    (you can already find Block Battle in my collection):
    http://www.videogamecollectors.com/g..._itemId=192136
    That's so cool.

Excellent, a nice game of Tetris. I installed it on my N-Gage and I will take it along to my workplace, great fun, especially the faster levels.
    Great, I'm glad you're having fun with it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Only thing is, I can't really see what's going on with the fighters, as I concentrate on the Tetris gameplay most.
    Yes, it was difficult to squeeze so much gameplay and action on to the screen with only 176x208 pixels to work with. However I'm proud we could get everything in without having to cut any function.