Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Chainsaw Charlie was my SS and this is what he gave me.
    Okage Shadow King-PS2
    Destroy All Humans-PS2
    God of War 2 two disc set-PS2 Im really happy about this one
    The World Ends With You-NDS

I didnt own any of these games so its all new to me. Thank you and Merry Christmas Chainsaw Charlie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    I threw out the salmon jerky after one bite. .
    Not a big deal, my goal was to find a couple lame "alaska" items to include so those were it.

On to what I got, Rogmeister was my secret santa and I got a bunch of n64 games and a couple xbox games (as you can see in the picture below many of the n64 game had instructions as well, which is a bonus since they'll be my first with instructions since moving to alaska because I sold all my n64 boxes and manuals before leaving). Thanks a lot.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sabz5150 View Post
    I got Wipeout 64 (N64) and Die Hard Arcade (SAT). I'm quite the Wipeout fan and my collection for these systems are rather thin. Thanks to my SS (I opened my gift yesterday at work, the card is standing on my desk, so I do not have their name in front of me, but you know who you are. Thanks again!!!)

Merry Christmas to all
    That was me.
    (and most members here know, including DP himself I always send a card with my SS packages)

Anyhow, my SS was a member from OR. I got:
    Sly Cooper (PS2)
    Gauntlet (licensed NES)
    Sword of the Berserk (Dreamcast)
    In all, very happy with what I got!!
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenG76 View Post
    fpbrush was my SS. They sent me a great group of stuff. I got a Nintendo 08 catalog, Legend of Mana postcard book, a Super Gameboy(been wanting one of these badly), Disgaea Hour of Darkness PS2, Xenosaga Episode 1 PS2, and last but not least the A/V cable I was needing for my Dreamcast. Thanks for all the nice stuff and for sending several things I was wanting badly.
    Glad you liked your gifts I couldn't get you Legend of Mana, so I figured the postcard book would tide you over until you could pick it up Glad you liked the Super Gameboy- I saw you have Space Invaders for the GB, I think it might have some extra features w/ the Super Gameboy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had a great SS this year hailing from Cali...but they forgot to include their forum name so it is still a mystery for me. Hopefully they will step forward so I can give them a proper thank you

Anyways, on to the loot!

I got two Dreamcast games for my collection (I love the DC):
    -Seaman [disc/manual] (been wanting to try this out for so long, now I have an excuse to pick up a mic and try it out!)
    -The Grinch [disc/manual] (looking forward to trying this out, haha, very timely)

a Saturn game which essential doubles my Saturn collection (no really):
    -Die Hard Arcade [disc/manual] (a popular choice for any DP SS, but awesome because I've been wanting to pick up Dynamite Deka--which is essentially this game!! Great choice!)

And last but not least, two REALLY great SNES games for my growing collection:
    -Mega Man X (awesome!!! I LOVE LOVE this game, possibly my favorite of the X series or dare I say all time, but never got around to getting it as it happens with so much of what I want,ha THANK YOU)
    -Uniracers (equally as awesome!!! I was totally suprised to see this in my package even though it was on my list, I didn't think anyone would get it for me!!! YESSSS!!!!!)

So whomever my SS was, thank you so much !!!
    I had a great first DP SS Thanks everyone for making it so much fun!!
    Last edited by fpbrush; 12-25-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I got a great package from Chickenpuppet. I was going to do a before & after picture since they packages were wrapped so nicely, but like a kid again, I just tore them open because I couldn't wait any longer! I got Bust-a-Move 2 Arcade edition for N64, 3 Dreamcast games, 4 Atari games, 2 Genesis games, and a DKC VHS tape. Oh yeah, I also got some miniature lincoln logs that will be perfect for my baby brother. Thanks Chickenpuppet, and I hope you have/had a great day.

-----

I also want to wish a special Merry Chistmas to these guys (assuming they celebrate it), since it seems like they didn't get their packages in time. Don't fret, it will all work out well, hopefully sooner than later!

Merry Christmas: brykasch, c0ldb33r, evan_g, koster, sph1nx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    Mine was Hydr0x and since he's in Germany, he went through Amazon for my gift (better than to be limited by the PAL/NTSC and zoning issues).

I got Mass Effect (my first-ever Xbox 360 game! Can't wait to get a console and play it) and Final Fantasy III DS.

And after reading that I got my package, he sent me a card. Thanks again, Hydr0x!
    Glad you liked your games I just wanted to add (for the one's reading) that she asked for Mass Effect. I'd never send out a 360 game to someone without the system otherwise

I'm not sure who my SS was but guessing from the address I've got an idea. I got a mixed bag of stuff of which I'm still not sure what to think of The gem of the set was a pristine condition Dialhex for the Japanese GBA, one of the Bit Generations titles. This is certainly a very nice gift and will surely lead to me collecting the bit Generation. So, thanks a lot for that, I'm giving it a try later today

The other games (and I'm talking about a load of games here, 7 gb games, 1 gamecube and 2 dreamcast), well, I'm not sure what happened there. It's obvious they were picked, because DC & GC were on my want list, what I don't get is how they could be exactly the games I cannot use for my collection (as these have PAL equivalents) when I specifically mentioned hundreds of games I could use and gave out an owned list (which included PAL version of the two dreamcast games). Maybe you got the lists wrong!?! It's obvious you really tried and send a lot of stuff (hell, shipping set you back 12USD) so it's a real shame I'll end up without them :/ The GB games are similar, they are all JAP (which would be okay) and loose (when I mentioned I'd rather have one boxed than a couple loose). I'll certainly give them a try, although I got a few of those as PAL.

So, overall, I got a nice package (Dialhex alone would count as nice, and I don't want to forget the really nice GC promotional item). It's just a shame that it was somewhat lessened by the "huh, I already got this..." thoughts during unpacking, especially as you could have saved a load of shipping costs if you had just sent the GBA game.
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My SS was Vinnysdad, this morning I was so surprised it was like he read my mind! I got a sealed copy of Samurai Musashi Legend for PS2, the funny thing is like 2 weeks ago I was in gamestop picking up some games from their b2g1 sale and I ALMOST picked that one up. I am starting to collect sealed PS2 RPG's now so I was very happy with that one.

I also got a complete copy of Pandemonium for NGage. While I do not own an NGage it is one of the next systems I planned on buying so its a headstart

He also got me a copy of Sonic 3D Blast for the PC, and a small handheld Sonic LCD game. Gonna add these to my growing Sonic collection.

X-men and Ren and Stimpy for Gamegear (which is good considering my GG collection is very small)

A sealed DragonQuest8 demo disc, Star Wars EaW demo for PC, and a nice shiney Tomb Raider sticker.

Very pleased with the gifts, thanks a lot!

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Cherry (Level 1) williewonka2k1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got...

Batman Returns - SNES
    Nights - Wii

Sweet Super Mario Bros. Keychain
    Turok promo shirt
    Millipede Pen
    Super Mario Bros Sound Keychain.

Thanks for the gift. Not gonna lie, I opened my present at 2 a.m. This morning after having beaten Snatcher for Sega CD (Tradition)
    -"Are you talking out of turn?"
    "No, I believe we are all talking together."
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

My Secret Santa was Brykasch and he got me 4 steps closer (I've got a long walk still to go, but every step gets me that much closer) to completing my PlayStation collection.

I got 40 Winks, Austin Powers Pinball, Grudge Warriors and Martian Gothic: Unification. I also got a PlayStation GAP notebook w/paper, pen and slots to store some games. I'm always one for unexpected bonuses!

Thanks for everything Brykasch!
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First, I would like to thank Yoshi-M for the wonderful gift.

Well, I finally opened it this morning, and I must say, I am more than happy with it!

I had asked for basically, sega stuff. I mentioned I had all the sega consoles except for a CD unit, and BAM! a Sega CD 2 under my tree. Along with it was a nice little assortment of games:

Saturn:
    Baku Baku
    Arcade's Greatest Hits

Sega CD:
    Stellar Fire
    Farenheit (Sega CD/32x)

Genny:
    Rocket Knight Adventures (Niiiiiiiice)
    LHX Attack Chopper
    Cool Spot
    and a Game Genie for Genny

Now, I must offer my apologies, but while I was writing the above, I it occurred to me that I had completely neglected to thank my SS from last year, Namzep. I received a kickass mix of Saturn and Genny games last year, but the list eludes me. Sorry I didn't post last year, but better late than never I guess.

BTW, in total, I received three other games for christmas this year. All for the 360, Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Call of Duty: World at War. I think my girlfriend is trying to keep me in the house...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Evan-G was my SS and am very apprecive and thankful for what he got me

He got me two DS games, Clone Wars and assassins creed.

I have been playing clone wars for about two hours now, and it rocks!

I am one game closer to having all the star wars games! Thanks so much
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    It's great to hear how everyone is liking what they got so far. This was my first Secret Santa and mine was....underwhelming. It was a mix of odd things that a) I didnt ask for or even remotely know of and b) things I specifically asked NOT to get...and I got them Looks like I'm the first one with the "bad" gift this year....Oh well, hopefully the person I who I was Secret Santa for enjoys their gifts from me....
    I was his ss. I had no money basically for your list. Everything on there was a lot of money that I didn't have. I gave you a $10 gift card with my last of the money I had, Some DVD cases which I pulled my dvds out for you. Sega CD games I had 3 in the collection I didn't need any more which you got.I thought a video game cd with other songs would be amusing. I gave you things that I thought you would crack a smile at least. I threw a poker chip in there as well from vegas because I wouldn't mind meeting a fellow gamer when I go back to vegas in the coming months. And your list didn't say I don't want anything else does it? No it doesn't. I am sorry for the rant no one is perfect but getting stuff for free should be good. I am sorry I couldn't afford any of the gifts but gifts are gifts for a reason. You get stuff because either they thought of you and were nice about it or they get you something that might make you happy for a little while. I am out of work, money is tight and your list was expensive and obscure. Sorry I have to do this but I am going to post your want list:
    My Christmas Want List:

-Any LUNAR-related (the Game Arts/Working Designs series, not the actual moon lol) merchandise...except the Ghaleon Punching Puppet

-Any Sega CD related merchandise

-Dracula Unleashed (DVD Version)

-Fahrenheit (PAL PS2)

-Official Xenogears Guidebook (in great shape if possible)

-A box and manual (in great shape if possible) for Willy Beamish for the Sega CD

-A box and manual (in great shape if possible) for Ninja Warriors for the SNES

-8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo

-DVD Cases (Standard size, not slim....2, 3 or 4 Disc)

-Gift Card (Best Buy, Amazon, Target, etc.)
    Done.

I lost my ss guys name but on the other hand I know they were from Canada I think it was BuckyBKATT but I am not sure. Anyways I got from them Raw Damage and Mad Maestro for PS2 and DarkWatch for xbox. I am enjoying Raw Damage and Mad Maestro for PS2 I haven't pulled the xbox yet to play Dark Watch
    Last edited by coreys429; 12-25-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: A few small spelling errors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My Secret Santa was Aussie2B, although when I got the package the her real name was familiar.

I got some Playstation 1 games, Blasto was one I've been looking for a while and it was one I got from her.

I also got Star Ocean EX DVD, and Bill and Ted which was quite random.

Also a few Video Game Collector's Magazine, I had one or two of them from when Rhino was around, and thats why I recognized her name. I saw it in the magazine before.

Anyways thanks for the great gifts, now it does the one thing I've been putting off for a while, reorganizing my playstation 1 stuff.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Glad you liked your package, Nate Nanjo. I hope you enjoy all the games. Since you didn't state any genre preference, I tried to represent a wide variety. Although, I guess if you're collecting everything for PlayStation, it doesn't especially matter. :P

My Secret Santa was s1lence, and he hooked me up with an awesome little assortment of modern RPGs. I never name anything specific in my wish list, so it's always exciting to open a SS gift as I have NO idea what could be in it. Despite little direction beyond a few preferences, s1lence totally read my mind and got me:

Odin Sphere (PS2)
    Enchanted Arms (Xbox 360)
    Blue Dragon (Xbox 360)

I've been wanting Odin Sphere for awhile, and I almost picked it up during last summer's GameStop sale but I couldn't find a copy in decent condition (and even then I still regretted not getting one). And I was looking at Blue Dragon at Circuit City just a few days ago while Christmas shopping, but I told myself "Nah, I shouldn't since I have no idea what my Secret Santa got me." Heh, that was a good move. And best of all, this nearly doubles my collection for my just recently acquired 360. So thanks for the great gifts, s1lence, and merry Christmas!

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Quote Originally Posted by coreys429 View Post
    I was his ss. I had no money basically for your list. Everything on there was a lot of money that I didn't have. I gave you a $10 gift card with my last of the money I had, Some DVD cases which I pulled my dvds out for you. Sega CD games I had 3 in the collection I didn't need any more which you got.I thought a video game cd with other songs would be amusing. I gave you things that I thought you would crack a smile at least. I threw a poker chip in there as well from vegas because I wouldn't mind meeting a fellow gamer when I go back to vegas in the coming months. And your list didn't say I don't want anything else does it? No it doesn't. I am sorry for the rant no one is perfect but getting stuff for free should be good. I am sorry I couldn't afford any of the gifts but gifts are gifts for a reason. You get stuff because either they thought of you and were nice about it or they get you something that might make you happy for a little while. I am out of work, money is tight and your list was expensive and obscure. Sorry I have to do this but I am going to post your want list:
    My Christmas Want List:

-Any LUNAR-related (the Game Arts/Working Designs series, not the actual moon lol) merchandise...except the Ghaleon Punching Puppet

-Fahrenheit (PAL PS2)

-A box and manual (in great shape if possible) for Willy Beamish for the Sega CD

Done.

Look, I'm not gonna let this topic go off-topic with some rant. I made a list that was diverse. I figured "Maybe somebody had some of this stuff they wanna get rid of" so those account for the detailed items. I did too include low-priced items (such as DVD cases..mind you I asked for 2, 3 or 4 disc ones, not beat up ones from Gamestop) as well as the gift card. I figured, if nothing else, at least I'll get like a $20 gift card to somewhere. A gift is a gift, mostly true....but if you didnt have money as you say then why did you join Secret Santa this year?

I'm done with this. It's great to hear everyone enjoyed this year's Secret Santa. Even though it's late, Merry Christmas again!
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

This sounds like a great thing.
    Once I get a job next year I'll definitely participate.

Cherry (Level 1) williewonka2k1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coreys429 View Post
    My Christmas Want List:

-Fahrenheit (PAL PS2)

Done.

I lost my ss guys name but on the other hand I know they were from Canada I think it was BuckyBKATT but I am not sure. Anyways I got from them Raw Damage and Mad Maestro for PS2 and DarkWatch for xbox. I am enjoying Raw Damage and Mad Maestro for PS2 I haven't pulled the xbox yet to play Dark Watch
    Dude, Why the fuck did you participate if you don't have a job or means of buying somebody something. Even if those items were obscure, you could have requested a revised list. Wack as fuck.

Sorry to hear LiquidPolicenaut
    -"Are you talking out of turn?"
    "No, I believe we are all talking together."
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Glad you liked your package, Nate Nanjo. I hope you enjoy all the games. Since you didn't state any genre preference, I tried to represent a wide variety. Although, I guess if you're collecting everything for PlayStation, it doesn't especially matter. :P

My Secret Santa was s1lence, and he hooked me up with an awesome little assortment of modern RPGs. I never name anything specific in my wish list, so it's always exciting to open a SS gift as I have NO idea what could be in it. Despite little direction beyond a few preferences, s1lence totally read my mind and got me:

Odin Sphere (PS2)
    Enchanted Arms (Xbox 360)
    Blue Dragon (Xbox 360)

I've been wanting Odin Sphere for awhile, and I almost picked it up during last summer's GameStop sale but I couldn't find a copy in decent condition (and even then I still regretted not getting one). And I was looking at Blue Dragon at Circuit City just a few days ago while Christmas shopping, but I told myself "Nah, I shouldn't since I have no idea what my Secret Santa got me." Heh, that was a good move. And best of all, this nearly doubles my collection for my just recently acquired 360. So thanks for the great gifts, s1lence, and merry Christmas!
    Odin Sphere rocks Definitely one of the top Atlus releases (of course this is similar to saying "one of the top Lamborghinis", but hey )
    Wants:
    Starflight Starmap and Code Wheel
    Starflight II Starmap
    Got these for sale or trade? PM ME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Ok, first off Merry Christmas. Lets keep it on topic and if there is an issue with your SS try to keep it in pm's.

Aussie2b, I'm glad you enjoyed your gifts, I wanted to get you something from Tri-Ace but you have just about anything from them so I went with the next best thing.

As for mine, I think it was coldbeer, but I'm not 100% sure.

Sorry I couldn't get more on my want list to make it easier, my database program/site wasn't working right so I went off the top of my head.

Burnout Revenge for the 360
    The Viva Pinata Faceplate
    and a 1600 point card.

All of which are awesome!!!

Thank you very much.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew