Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seller over-charging for shipping 2 sms games, can i do something ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    He listed the calculated shipping at 2 lbs which is where the $22.00 came from.

I would inform him in a polite way that there is a priority flat rate envelope that he can pick up at the post office which only costs $9.95 to Mexico and can fit 2 genesis/sms games. I have sent two like that before, they just fit.

Try to talk him into doing that. See if he will for $16.00, that seems plenty fair to me, with a $6.00 handling charge.

As for shipping to another address, you cant really fault a seller for refusing to do so as it voids the paypal protection.
    It was ok for me to pay 22 usd to mexico... but he wanted 46 usd :S

I paid 16.5 usd to ship to USA, he is going to ship the games to texas and he already left positive feedback so i think this was ok if he ships the games
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Check the postage. If it's nowhere near $16.50, report him anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As big of an asshole as this seller appears to be he has every right to charge you $46 for the two games since his auctions do not state that he does combined shipping (though almost all video game sellers on ebay these days DO). By bidding without asking about combined shipping prior you essentially agreed to pay $46 even if you assumed the cost for 2 games would in fact be much less. This really isn't new in the world of eBay or anything. Apparently I'm the only one in this thread aware of this?? Ebay will do NOTHING about this, it's a price the buyer agreed to pay by placing the bid. I've never seen a seller do this but even if the seller says he DOES offer combined shipping discounts but doesn't detail the specifics he can just as well shave a penny every additional item and there is your discount, I doubt eBay will do squat about that either.

The lesson is: ALWAYS ask about combined shipping specifics, never assume. These days with so many auctions listed with free shipping you should also be asking about those too since the multiple items will be shipped together.

Outside of my combined shipping rant: If I were in your shoes I'd have probably just not paid and left the guy a few negatives simply on the basis of the unprofessional replies. He might be able to file NPB but if you show eBay his replies (and I'm assuming your own messages were cordial) they probably wouldn't go through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by savageone View Post
    Outside of my combined shipping rant: If I were in your shoes I'd have probably just not paid and left the guy a few negatives simply on the basis of the unprofessional replies. He might be able to file NPB but if you show eBay his replies (and I'm assuming your own messages were cordial) they probably wouldn't go through.
    Got to admit, that's a great idea.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way I should add that while I was defending the seller's $46 shipping quote that defense is half hearted at best. I really don't care for sellers that do not offer combined shipping. There is just no way any seller should refuse to pass along the buck and actually profit MORE from a person buying multiple items.

In my own auctions I've always offered $4 + $1 + $1 etc. for US bidders (similar for international, usually +$1.50 after the base cost). I think that is among the best on eBay considering I also start most of my stuff at 1 cent, and quite often they end at 1 cent as well. As a buyer I've rarely found that equaled. After you discount the $.30 Paypal transaction fee and additional packaging cost I really don't make THAT much more selling the items to separate people. Plus, I find people that buy multiple items are far more likely to come back to your auctions in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

By the way I should add that while I was defending the seller's $46 shipping quote that defense is half hearted at best. I really don't care for sellers that do not offer combined shipping. There is just no way any seller should refuse to pass along the buck and actually profit MORE from a person buying multiple items.

In my own auctions I've always offered $4 + $1 + $1 etc. for US bidders (similar for international, usually +$1.50 after the base cost). I think that is among the best on eBay considering I also start most of my stuff at 1 cent, and quite often they end at 1 cent as well. As a buyer I've rarely found that equaled. After you discount the $.30 Paypal transaction fee and additional packaging cost I really don't make THAT much more selling the items to separate people. Plus, I find people that buy multiple items are far more likely to come back to your auctions in the future.

I have no problem with that, i am not complaining that the seller did not combine shipping ... but why not charge 22 + 22 usd and ship the games separate...

He was smart enough to add 2 usd to the specified cost and he was gonna ship the games TOGETHER !!!

The real problem was that he got angry when i requested a second invoice for shipping costs to Texas and he charged 40 usd for priority mail :S
    Last edited by eskobar; 12-26-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: +
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

As big of an asshole as this seller appears to be he has every right to charge you $46 for the two games since his auctions do not state that he does combined shipping (though almost all video game sellers on ebay these days DO). By bidding without asking about combined shipping prior you essentially agreed to pay $46 even if you assumed the cost for 2 games would in fact be much less. This really isn't new in the world of eBay or anything. Apparently I'm the only one in this thread aware of this?? Ebay will do NOTHING about this, it's a price the buyer agreed to pay by placing the bid. I've never seen a seller do this but even if the seller says he DOES offer combined shipping discounts but doesn't detail the specifics he can just as well shave a penny every additional item and there is your discount, I doubt eBay will do squat about that either.

The lesson is: ALWAYS ask about combined shipping specifics, never assume. These days with so many auctions listed with free shipping you should also be asking about those too since the multiple items will be shipped together.

Regardless of eskobar agreeing to pay the $46, that's still waaaaaaaaaaaay over eBay's imposed limits. He could've still filed a complaint for fee avoidance / excessive shipping.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for those fees, I'd expect the bastard to drive to your house and hand deliver those games.

neg his ass to hell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    for those fees, I'd expect the bastard to drive to your house and hand deliver those games.

neg his ass to hell.
    Or at least send them Express Mail.

But yeah, NEG HIS ASS!!!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

ReviveDC Team Member Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    atreyus dream
    PSN
    atreyu187_

How the hell is shipping over $4 anyhow? I can't list anything with more than $4 shipping. I used to ship priority but it cost $4.80 for that shipping. I hate Ebay nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu187 View Post
    How the hell is shipping over $4 anyhow? I can't list anything with more than $4 shipping. I used to ship priority but it cost $4.80 for that shipping. I hate Ebay nowadays.
    List your item with calculated shipping, not flat rate shipping.

You can still charge whatever you want for international items, however.