Thread: Entex Adventurevision on eBay!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Thanks for the Adventurevision.com link. The guy there said he wouldn't pay $1000 for it either. He told me I ought to be patient and wait until he points me to a deal.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    There's a big difference between the high bid and what it will actually sell for. Right after Christmas in a down market is probably the worst time possible to sell something like this, so it may go a bit lower than normal. But, a lot of folks won't bid on something until the reserve is hit. So at that point, all bets are off. Someone may get lucky and get a deal on this, but somehow I think the real collectors will come out if it's going that low and the price will be pushed right back where it normally is.

Also realize that a seller with 3 feedback does not instill much confidence in buyers. He might also help his cause if he was using his own auction text, but I can assure you he is not (I'm the author of the text he copied from VGCL).

Can you provide a link showing that it was 50,000 made and not 10,000? Edit: Did a bit of research on this. Looks like wikipedia has struck again. The numbers I found while researching for my review were 10,000. I'd like to know where the 50,000 number came from, but my guess is there is no way of knowing. If it really were 50,000 instead of 10,000, they would be found much more often though.

Well, I have seen the 50,000 number quite often on the web, and also in the book The Encyclopedia of Game Machines.

We'll see what it goes for. I may make a bid, I'm undecided right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by y-bot View Post
    It was definitely a combination of it being 1998, a crazy buyer ("sspacewalk" for the RGVC old-timers) and the fact that one had been bid up to some crazy price ($10,000 or so I think) by fake bidders a few weeks before I got mine. I still think it's an $800-$1200 item like others have said. The $640 price on that auction doesn't mean anything since the reserve wasn't met. Also if you are going to try and collect all the games I think you are either going to have to wait until someone is selling one with all the games or end up buying multiple systems with games over the years until you get a set. I've never seen anyone buying the games separately. When you finish your US collection and want to buy a ColorVision system let me know. I have a loose console and a few games for sale. I've seen far fewer of them than Adventurevision consoles but nobody knows about it so it's worth a fraction of the price.

y-bot
    Oh, I know the Colorvision, but I know very few do. It is quite rare, but less expensive because no one knows about it. Just curious, how much are you selling just the console for?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that adventure vision on craiglist is in my home town. I will be ticked if he found it at any of the local flea markets or garage sales that I missed out on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Oh, I know the Colorvision, but I know very few do. It is quite rare, but less expensive because no one knows about it. Just curious, how much are you selling just the console for?
    I'm asking $400 for the console and 4 games. One game doesn't work and I don't remember which one. Part of the game is missing. The person I bought it from did not disclose this. I believe this is a picture of the console that I own that a previous owner posted online:

http://www.pelikonepeijoonit.net/Romtec-Colorvision.jpg

y-bot

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Default It's gone

Somebody bought it for $900 something and this time there wasn't a reserve. Like the adventurevison.com guy said, that's kind of a high price for that.

Just hopefully the winning bidder is lucky and it arrives at their place in good condition. One time I bought a Vectrex and it got magnetized in the mail. Now I need to find out how to degauss the screen.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    Somebody bought it for $900 something and this time there wasn't a reserve. Like the adventurevison.com guy said, that's kind of a high price for that.

Just hopefully the winning bidder is lucky and it arrives at their place in good condition. One time I bought a Vectrex and it got magnetized in the mail. Now I need to find out how to degauss the screen.
    Yeah, $961. I was gonna bid but decided against it. Not worth it IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post

There's a way to do it with a soldering gun (not an iron, but the gun style). Google around, but if you can't find it let me know and I'll see if I still have the directions.

The $961 may be a touch high in today's market, but this is a system that will continue to command good money. The demand far outstrips the supply in this case. There's not much more out there (at least if you are talking released US hardware) that's rarer.
    Last edited by 98PaceCar; 01-09-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There's a way to do it with a soldering gun (not an iron, but the gun style). Google around, but if you can't find it let me know and I'll see if I still have the directions.

The $961 may be a touch high in today's market, but this is a system that will continue to command good money. The demand far outstrips the supply in this case. There's not much more out there (at least if you are talking released US hardware) that's rarer.
    Bandai Pippin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bandai Pippin?
    Hmmm, it certainly seems possible. I did have a harder time finding a US Pippin than I did Adventurevision. Though it's hard for me to judge as I've kept watching AV sales, but haven't looked at Pippin sales since I got mine.

I will say that the US Pippin is very tough to get. I still need to find some US released software at some point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hmmm, it certainly seems possible. I did have a harder time finding a US Pippin than I did Adventurevision. Though it's hard for me to judge as I've kept watching AV sales, but haven't looked at Pippin sales since I got mine.

I will say that the US Pippin is very tough to get. I still need to find some US released software at some point.
    You're one of the guys here with the Halcyon, right? I'd put that as far and away the rarest, but I guess that doesn't count because it apparently was never released.

Are you familiar with the Colorvision? That might be rarer, but it wasn't a US system. The Select-A-Game also seems extremely rare.

The problem with the Adventurevision is I am unsure if the sales were 50,000 or 10,000. Doing a search, I see both numbers quoted pretty equally.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

You're one of the guys here with the Halcyon, right? I'd put that as far and away the rarest, but I guess that doesn't count because it apparently was never released.

Are you familiar with the Colorvision? That might be rarer, but it wasn't a US system. The Select-A-Game also seems extremely rare.

The problem with the Adventurevision is I am unsure if the sales were 50,000 or 10,000. Doing a search, I see both numbers quoted pretty equally.
    I always thought the Halcyon WAS released, but since it was so expensive and only had two games, no stores had them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    I always thought the Halcyon WAS released, but since it was so expensive and only had two games, no stores had them.
    If not one store carries it, does it count as an official release?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If not one store carries it, does it count as an official release?
    Yeah, I did hear about it being released only to investors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah, I did hear about it being released only to investors.
    Suppose you weren't an investor, but had the money to buy one in 1985. Could you obtain one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Suppose you weren't an investor, but had the money to buy one in 1985. Could you obtain one?
    Probably if you contacted RDI directly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Probably if you contacted RDI directly.
    I'm not sure I'd call that released. But does it really matter? Released or not we all want it !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, I have a Halcyon. I think only 2 of us here do, but there may be others that are keeping it quiet. It rates up there with the rarest of the rare, but without a definite answer as to whether it actually sold or not it's hard to count as a part of the US release list. I've heard stories to support both side of the release argument. Regardless, it's cool to own as most folks don't even know it really exists.

I've run across a few folks with the Colorvision and played it at one of the CGE's a few years back. Not too bad to play and definitely obscure. I still need to grab one myself at some point, but I've been focusing on some of the rarer Japanese stuff lately and letting Europe slip a bit.

The Select-A-Game is a weird one. I know it's rare, but I see it on a fairly regular basis. Slightly more often than Adventurevisions. What's rare to find is one that has the battery covers still. Those seem to be like hen's teeth!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call that released. But does it really matter? Released or not we all want it !!
    d0 yOu WaNT to pLEY...... ThEYAr's KwEsT?

http://www.archive.org/details/Lasersan1985

AI on par with HAL, my foot.