Thread: DDR Ultramix Info

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DDR Ultramix Info

DDR Freak posted this on their website:

The producer of DDR Ultramix for Xbox has taken the time to post in the forums to clear up some details about the game:

1) The Look of the game at E3 is not representative of final game play. In that version we had no 3D, no Music Videos and haven't even begun to show what the Xbox is capable of. I promise you this game will be the best looking DDR game out there. So expect everything to be updated. We are not taking any steps back and expect some very cool looking characters!!!

2) Freeze Arrows - Yes we will support Freeze arrows but none were present at E3.

3) Online - Yes we will have player vs. player internet competitions with Xbox live rankings and statistics. Your individual scores will also be able to be ranked with the rest of the people via the Live connection. User edited step data will also be available for upload and download by users. New songs will be released on a monthly basis for download.

4) Song List - The songs we had at E3 are available to be used on the final version. We have 55 songs planned for the US version (10 licensed)

5) There is no ULTRAMIX PC version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Eh.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    The state of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Yashiro. Eh.

Why should it be on Xcrap? Seriously? Most DDR'ers with Xboxes have PS2 and DDR for that. As well as maybe step mania on their computers. Trust me, Xbox doesnt need a DDR game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the whole thing has me a little sour. Rather than producing the game for a Playstation console, which is what the majority of DDR fans use right now, they go and make it for XBox which has no established DDR fanbase. Not only that, they go and include features that haven't been seen in any other DDR. The typical reaction of an XBox freak will be "DDR is super gay. Let's go play Halo." I went and got a PS2 based on the news that Max was coming out in the US. I'm not doing that for the XBox, though. And I'm sure as hell not going to get XBox live for one game, either. I think that Konami has made a rather foolish and backstabbing business move.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not like Konami is abandoning the PS2 market. DDRmax2 is on it's way, and the fact is the Xbox allows for things like downloadable songs stored to a hard drive, and Xbox live allows for things like tournaments. I think it's a great way to take advantage of all the features of the Xbox. What they need to do is sell the game with a PS2 to Xbox converter built in though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, no, they haven't abandoned the PS2 by any stretch of the imagination. It's just that they've used the Playstation market to build a solid US fanbase, then turned around and offered the best innovations to a different market. There's no reason this couldn't have been done with the PS2 with the addition of the hard drive and network adapter. Hell, you could even fit a song or two on a memory card with proper compression. Ranking and tournaments wouldn't be a problem either. Amplitude has a whole database that tracks each user's rank, and they've also got a repository for uploading and downloading remixes. So basically, there's no way to convince me that this game could have only been done on the XBox.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes we will have player vs. player internet competitions with Xbox live rankings and statistics. Your individual scores will also be able to be ranked with the rest of the people via the Live connection.

Anyone else see the inherent flaw here? I mean, with a controller, I can double A any song on Max. What's to keep people in the online competitions from using a controller to gain a semi-unfair advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe the actual DDR mats will identify themselves as such, and not just control pads, so the game will be able to tell the difference. Anybody with a soldering iron could get around that, though.