Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have just about HAD IT wth Ebay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I have just about HAD IT wth Ebay

Well, as most may know, I listed a very rare TG16 game (Magical Chase) on Ebay a few weeks ago. Someone placed a bid (his name is "savingtheprincess") within the last few seconds of the auction end and never replied or paid. I ended up selling/trading with a forum member here (I should have done this to begin with) and I filed a non-paying dispute on ebay to get my listing fees back.

They granted it and gave that seller an unpaid item strike. Of course in retaliation he left me a negative feedback. Since Ebay removed the ability for sellers to leave negatives, I was left with leaving him a positive with a "negative tone".

Well, they (I use "they" loosly...as I am always communicating with an ebay bot in emails) refuse to remove that negative that this guy gave me, even tho THEY sided with me on the dispute! Not only that, but I get a second email from them with a warning for me "abusing" the feedback system by giving the guy a positive that told the truth about what he did.

These people are scumbags, bottom line. There is now NO protection for the seller...the person who gives Ebay the bread and butter on which they survive. I think after my final auctions end I will cancel my account of 11 years. It is just a joke now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zektor View Post
    It is just a joke now.
    Wait, you're just realizing it now? You're pretty lucky if this is the first bad thing that's happened to you since ebay's major changes last February.

I checked the feedback and I noticed this:

Follow-up by savingtheprincess (Dec-23-08 05:43):
    Unpaid Item Strike removed by eBay. This seller is completely nuts.

So did this person try paying like 3 weeks late, after you'd sold it to someone else? Some buyers have done this to me, expecting me to have held on to the item for that long. If the buyer didn't respond to the unpaid item strike, their negative wouldn't have counted.

I've been burned by trying to leave scam artists "negative" positive feedback. A buyer stole ~$60 and the item from me over the summer and I still couldn't leave him honest feedback about how he used a Paypal loophole to steal his money back.

Ebay is ass, but unfortunately, it's the only game in town where you can reach millions of buyers worldwide. They know this, so they side with the buyers for everything, because they know sellers will put up with their BS to reach the buyers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The buyer NEVER made an attempt to pay. I spoke with an ebay rep and maybe something will change. If not, screw it. I would probably be better off without ebay anyway. Maybe the true "thrill of the hunt" will come back to me after all of these years

In reality, I have made out better buying and selling in forums than on ebay in recent years anyway. Not sure why I keep paying their fees and dealing with crap like this. The end is near!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The system wasn't great before, but they took it too far in the buyers' favor. There needs to be a compromise and a system for both sellers and buyers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got tired of people bidding the not paying also. I have received an influx of pain in the ass bidders who either dont pay or request unlisted options like checks or monthly installment payments. Monthly payments on the game you just won, are you shitting me?

I now require immediate payments through paypal. I may loose a few sales but its worth it now having to deal with the alternative.

By the way, did your buyer happen to be from Port Huron, MI?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

And this is why I only have buy it nows with immediate payment required. :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Put me in the minority but I hate Ebay's new Paypal only policy. Some of us out there arent in the situation to have a credit/debit card and checking account
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They granted it and gave that seller an unpaid item strike. Of course in retaliation he left me a negative feedback.
    I thought this was impossible. If you successfully get a NPB thorough and a strike is given, the bidder CANNOT leave any feedback - positive or negative.

I would have eBay remove it since a person who has a strike for an unpaid means they SHOULD NOT be able to leave feedback.

For transactions involving an Unpaid Item, Feedback left by buyers may be removed when:

A buyer fails to respond to the Unpaid Item process

When the communication and comments left by the buyer within the Unpaid Item Dispute Console undermine the integrity of both the Unpaid Item process and the eBay Feedback system.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yeah, I'm surprised by that for the same reason...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Angry

These people are scumbags, bottom line. There is now NO protection for the seller...the person who gives Ebay the bread and butter on which they survive. I think after my final auctions end I will cancel my account of 11 years. It is just a joke now.
    Don't be discouraged by some ass-wipe that randomly appears in front of every seller.

We need people that lists good and unique products like you did.

Keep up and forget the shit, there are ways to avoid things like this, but hey : shit happens !
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default This wouldn't have happened on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

Games of that caliber sell well on the Chuckwagon as the majority of our members are serious collectors looking for the uncommon stuff. Please try us next time as you will be dealing with the most upstanding group of collectors on the net.

And if shit happens like this I can deal with it appropriately by deleting your negative feedback and suspending the member who F'ed you over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman View Post
    I thought this was impossible. If you successfully get a NPB thorough and a strike is given, the bidder CANNOT leave any feedback - positive or negative.

I would have eBay remove it since a person who has a strike for an unpaid means they SHOULD NOT be able to leave feedback.
    The problem was that while he did not respond to or pay me, he DID reply to the unpaid dispute and say that I was rude to him (which of course was not true). I guess on that stipulation, he was still able to leave feedback. Ridiculous.

And as for ChaseTheChuckWagon, yes I do agree it is a great auction site. Already a member with a mere 2 feedbacks thus far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem was that while he did not respond to or pay me, he DID reply to the unpaid dispute and say that I was rude to him (which of course was not true). I guess on that stipulation, he was still able to leave feedback. Ridiculous.
    All he has to do is reply to the dispute, doesnt really matter what his response is and he can then leave feedback.

With the shift to only paypal now on ebay, they should set up a system where the seller can require payment by a certain date or else an unpaid dispute can be automatically granted if the system has not registered paypal payment by said date.

I cant be sure but THIS looks like the selling account of your bidder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    All he has to do is reply to the dispute, doesnt really matter what his response is and he can then leave feedback.
    Now it makes more sense. I have left several non paying bidder complaints and they never leave me negatives, even though most eventually pay. All of my auctions state that I require payment to be made within three days of auctions closing, but I still get dumb ass bidders. As a matter of fact, I have to file a npb complaint tomorrow(they make you wait seven days before you are allowed to make them).
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Charlie View Post
    Put me in the minority but I hate Ebay's new Paypal only policy.
    Pretty sure this isn't the minority opinion. I don't like any new ebay policies that instantly take away 2-5% of all potential bidders. I know MANY buyers that simply refuse to use Paypal for various reasons so they're done with ebay forever.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Charlie View Post
    Put me in the minority but I hate Ebay's new Paypal only policy. Some of us out there arent in the situation to have a credit/debit card and checking account
    Count me in on that too - some of us would rather not pay eBay's Paypal surcharge, and would much prefer to receive payments by other means.

And would also like the opportunity to have people like your good self able to bid on our auctions.

Besides which, surely forcing people to pay with Paypal is anti-competitive??
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    I cant be sure but THIS looks like the selling account of your bidder.
    I don't get the connection between pompeyparsons and savingtheprincess. The former has bought from me in the past with no issues, and also purchased from Zektor without a problem going by his feedback history.

Why do you think they're the same person? Back something up before you potentially slur someone's good name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    I don't get the connection between pompeyparsons and savingtheprincess. The former has bought from me in the past with no issues, and also purchased from Zektor without a problem going by his feedback history.

Why do you think they're the same person? Back something up before you potentially slur someone's good name.
    By looking at the bidding history of savingtheprincess. Which matches up with the current inventory of pomeyparsons.

He also bought some large tg16 and Neo Geo lots, with many of those games now listed in his store.

Compare 260324544604 and 200288212560

Look at the manuals, same exact copy of defenders of Oasis.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

That's pretty incriminating. I found this blog earlier and figured that's where you had made the connection:

http://savingtheprincess.wordpress.com/about/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    That's pretty incriminating. I found this blog earlier and figured that's where you had made the connection:

http://savingtheprincess.wordpress.com/about/
    Curious. The blog has been deleted.

Maybe it's someone who lingers around here?