Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

It only had two posts before being deleted. The About page was not saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neist View Post
    Curious. The blog has been deleted.

Maybe it's someone who lingers around here?
    There is a user pompeyparsons on this board who was logged in today, the plot thickens . . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow that's interesting
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I wonder if the user is the same user as on Ebay?

If so, it would be interested if he gave his side of the story.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Everyone,

I’ve been a member of this forum for about 4 months or so now. Don’t do a lot of posting I primarily just browse the various threads in the classic gaming area. Thought I’d check out what was going on in a few other parts of the forum and stumbled upon this thread.

In any case I debated about whether or not to even reply to this post. All I’m going to say about this matter is the following so hopefully it clears up some misconceptions. I have neither the time nor the energy to get into a lengthy flame war with anyone.

1. Yes, savingtheprincess is one of my many eBay buying IDs.

2. I have bought from zektor prior to this incident with no problems what so ever.

3. What happened during the course of this transaction is between zektor and I. It’s really no one else’s business. I did give him a negative and felt it was justified and still do. The Unpaid Item Strike was removed by ebay:

Dear savingtheprincess,

Thank you for contacting us to appeal against the Unpaid Item strike you received for Magical Chase Turbografx Turbo Grafx 16 DUO SUPER RARE!(130274118148).

After reviewing your information, we have removed the Unpaid Item strike from your account.
    Note: Repeat Unpaid Item strikes will result in account suspension. Read more

Details for item number: 130274118148
    Item title: Magical Chase Turbografx Turbo Grafx 16 DUO SUPER RARE!
    Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130274118148

End date: Thursday, Dec 11, 2008 08:53:16 PST
    Quantity: 1
    Case URL: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&DisputeType=1

Date case was opened: Friday, Dec 19, 2008 17:52:40 PST

4. I conduct my business in a professional manner. Bratwurst can vouch for this as I paid him within the hour for my purchase of Langrisser II from him. I’m an honest person and you can check my feedback on eBay as its 99.9% and also under my savingtheprincess ID (thought that one doesn’t matter much as sellers can’t leave negative feedback anymore.) I have not had any problems except for this one instance.

5. Lastly, don’t think that me deleting my blog was anything underhanded just bad timing I guess as this afternoon I deleted four of my crappy blogs that I always seem to think I’ll have time for and then never do.

That’s all I’ve got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Just a quick question:

Dunno if this was there (may be confusing with someone else, in which case I do apologize), but if the auction stated payment in 24 hours, why didn't you do so? From what I gather, you never replied back to his messages. Why not contact him about the item? From what I understand, there was no (or little, don't remeber well) communication. And the auction suposedly said "Payment in 24 hours".

What happened?

EDIT: Yup, payment was supposed to be in 24 hours:

- Payment must be made via PAYPAL ONLY. eChecks are not allowed! Payment must be received within 24 hours of auction close unless you have contacted me and prior arrangements have been made.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

megaskirby, he was contacted multiple times. Like I said before what was said in those communications was between him and I.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyparsons View Post
    megaskirby, he was contacted multiple times. Like I said before what was said in those communications was between him and I.
    You are correct. That is a private matter.

However, I am referring to the action, not the content. From what I see, and taking your word as well as zektor's, there was a communicacion failure somewhere, possibly from server errors or something similar. This has happened to me and I then try to communicate via email.

All I can say is that, in the case that if it was my fault, I would never neg. Sure, I maybe pissed about a NPB or whatever it's called, but I really can't blame the seller if I know I am to blame. If I do, I am just doing it out of spite and not "taking it like a man". It's a hard lesson learned, but if I know I am at the wrong, why punish the seller for my actions? I would never give a negative to a seller I know I was wrong.

If it was the sellers fault, then hell yeah, they deserve the negative. Right now I have a seller that listed an SMS game as "excellent condition with manual" and I got it in crappy condition with no manual. I contacted him and he has not answered. I will do so again. If nothing, I will try emailing him a total of two times, at different days (intervals). If nothing, then I know the seller is at fault so I will give a neg. And if this is the case, he deserves it.

But what if, like what happened to my brother, something happened (email server, ebay fucking up again, etc) that no party is able to communicate with each other? It's all a he say/she say, but no one is at fault. But unfortunately, due to human nature, "one must always pay", even though it's not the correct thing to do.

I can only say this: look at all the evidence and ask yourself...was the neg really warranted? Was it zektor's fault? Was it my (as in you) fault? If so, was the neg warranted? Was it given out of spite or did he deserve it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no way you can justify the negative feedback; if you won the auction but never paid for it, sorry but it's all your fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have to side with zektor here. He's always been fantastic with me. He's gone above and beyond and has always been very accommodating. I find it hard to believe he did anything to warrant either non-payment or a negative feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i don't really believe pompeyparsons. He's hiding something and don't want to say it on public. zektor on the other hand was very pissed by something and escalated this on public and even decided to quit on ebay. There must be some serious issue.
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You got to give him credit for answering.

However i feel that the main reason to avoid payment was unanswered and crearly avoided ...

I was just about to purchase a cadash he has on ebay but i do not have enough confidence on it.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policenaut View Post
    if you won the auction but never paid for it, sorry but it's all your fault.
    I disagree. Most of the time, yes, that is probably true, but there are cases where I would back out of a purchase if I didn't feel good about it. If I felt the seller misrepresented the item or was demanding another form of payment I would definitely back out, especially if it was a high-dollar item. There are a lot of scammers on ebay on both sides. It's usually not too hard to feel them out.

I'm not referring to this particular transaction, I'm just making a point about what naut said. I don't know the buyer and the only thing I know about zektor is that he got ripped off by mills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

According to eBay (I'm almost positive), if you accept paypal payments, you cannot not take certain forms of paypal payment, i.e., echecks. Also, buyers have up to 7 days to pay for their completed items unless you do the immediate payment required thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    I disagree. Most of the time, yes, that is probably true, but there are cases where I would back out of a purchase if I didn't feel good about it. If I felt the seller misrepresented the item or was demanding another form of payment I would definitely back out, especially if it was a high-dollar item. There are a lot of scammers on ebay on both sides. It's usually not too hard to feel them out.
    I agree. If there is something fishy, I don't send payment.

An example was a seller called "billzsportscards" or something like that. I won a few SMS games yet he never sent an invoice for combined shipping. Communication was horrible, since he would never reply back. I decided NOT to send payment...and a few weeks later, he got NARU'd.

On topic, I'm quite surprised Zektor hasn't replied with a new comment to this topic. I think perhaps he came to a compromise with the buyer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get you; a month ago or so I had a similar situation with an auction I won for a Christmas gift for my wife, with the only difference is that I paid for it. A day later after I win the auction, I get this ebay message that the auction was removed because of some issues with the seller, possibly a NARU'd I guess. Well, the message was sent a bit later because I had already sent the payment. I managed to resolve this with paypal and thankfully got the money back.

What I am trying to say is that I was responsible enough to send the payment; if the seller is a scammer sooner or later people will find out. On my case, I send the payment after winning the auction properly; the seller is a scammer, yes, but then ebay takes him out and I get my money back.

Regarding with pompeyparson, if he was smelling that sektor was a scammer he should'nt have bid for that auction.