Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    none
    PSN
    none

Red face End of Dead Space maybe a spoiler

I just beat Dead Space, it is really fun, you can get a lot of achievements easy on it, and it has a solid story and fluid gameplay. Anyway, for the people who have beaten the game and know what I'm talking about, did the very last scene were Isaac was escaping make anyone poop themselves because I need a new pair of shorts after that. I guess there ain't gonna be a sequel, at least with Isaac.

Si vis poccum para bellum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Truth be told, I'd rather have a game that explored the story from a different standpoint. Maybe one that took place in the time period of the comics of the movie.

The ending was very horror movie. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Yeah the ending made me jump a little, but I seriously doubt that Isaac is out of the picture now. I hope for the next game(s) that they actually make the game a little difficult, it was just waaaaay too easy.

And I also HATED how the story progressed, with that stupid video screen popping up all of the time. Let's compare it to how RE4 did it. Leon is dropped off and then stranded, in the middle of nowhere, finds some crazy people and then we progress through the story with him and find out what's going on. In a sense we're in control of the main character and we're getting down to the bottom of things.

In Dead Space Isaac is dropped off and then "stranded" on this ship and that's about it. He's constantly being told where to go, and what to do, blah blah blah, fix this, fix that, rub my feet, get me a sandwich.. uggh. I found it just annoying. I've played through it about 4 times now and I do it with the volume all of the way off, I just can't stand it. It's hard to feel like a bada** when you've got your mommy and daddy telling you what to do every 10 seconds.

I think it's fair to compare it to RE4 because it's a blatant nod to that game. But I felt as far as overall presentation is concerned RE4 really got it right.

So yeah, I jumped a little.

Insert Coin (Level 0) CaptainFalcon13's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    none
    PSN
    none

Talking agreement

I agree with you that Isaac did get shafted the minute the game started. I also agree that the video screens are stupid. I also agree with you that the game is easy. Damn, you hit the nail on the head.

Si vis poccum para bellum