Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES Happy Camper CIB = Pre-Order

From over at NA.
    http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=14729

Trying to start this year off with a bang! I know some of you have been asking about when the Happy Camper pre-order was going to take place and I can finally say I am ready to go. I didn't want to do the pre-order to early and tie up everyone's money for a long time. Right now the release of the game is slated for Feb 1, so long as all the print doesn't delay it any (shouldn't be long if it at all). BUT, I need everyone's help to make this game possible. I need to pre-order at LEAST 60 copies to make this game doable from a financial standpoint. It takes a lot of capital to release CIB games and I just can't afford to do it all on my own, so I am asking for everyone's help to band together to make this possible.

The game is going to be $55 shipped anywhere in the US via priority mail w/ DC# for tracking. Canada is $57 shipped, and the rest of the world is $62 shipped. Here is what you will be getting for your $$$$:

The previously unreleased Happy Camper cart
    A black dust sleeve
    The original artwork designed box (Tusky's best box to date IMO)
    A 16 page manual
    A stryo insert
    A packed in woodland creature (similar to Monster in my Pocket)
    A box protector
    Maybe a random insert or 2 and it will be all packaged together similarly to how Ditka was, so if you liked Ditka you will love this!

Plus as a little incentive to pre-order, there will be a special pre-order item that will be included ONLY in the pre-ordered copies. You won't be able to get this if you don't pre-order! Also as a bonus for pre-ordering, you get to pick the # you want.

The total print run for HC will be 250 max (the minimum for boxes and manuals) but I am just having 110 printed at first like I did with Ditka. If you pre-order you can pick from #11-110, the first 10 are the Special Edition versions for the people who helped make this possible. You can only pick your # once payment has been sent, and #'s will not be held.

I hope to send everything to print come Friday, so the plan is to end the pre-order Thrusday night (1-8-09). Glad to answer any questions or comments. If you are ready to pre-order please send PayPal payments to NationalGameDepot@gmail.com & include which # you want in your payment. If no # is picked, then I will just assign the first available # starting at 110 and working back towards 1. I will update the list as payments are received. Thanks a bunch
    ~~NGD

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please make sure to check the link above for picking your #. We are already in the mid 70's right now and that is the only list I am keeping up to date cause there is no way I can keep track of the list on more than one forum Thanks so much for the orders so far.
    ~~NGD

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you say Ditka, are you refering to Mike Ditka football for the NES? What is so special about Mike Ditka for the NES?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was also an unreleased game that was released on the NES earlier last year....
    ~~NGD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

That's the thing...if I want a particular number, like 101, I want to be guaranteed that I will have that number before sending payment. Otherwise some may be bothered if they want a particular number.

I would suggest that if a person wants a particular number, they have X limited time to send payment before it is available for someone else.

I personally would like 101, but I am not sure...
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nationgamesdepot View Post
    It was also an unreleased game that was released on the NES earlier last year....
    ~~NGD
    Is the Ditka football game any good? Does it play anything like the Genesis or PC versions? Thanks.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is why i stopped collecting for the nes.

It used to be a fun little hobby,collecting and playing old videogames.
    Walking on flea markets and buying them for a few bucks and when a unreleased game was discoverd it got dumped on the net for all nes fans to enjoy.

Today everybody sells on ebay and wants the highest price for there items,the flea markets are dead.
    And rare games are sold for hughe /not fun hobby prices.(thanks to some nintendo collector sites)

And today a new method of destroying the hobby is here.
    The limited numbered released unreleased nes game.

Im sorry,but why must this be limited?? Just make a lot of repro carts and sell to all nes fans that are interrested and dump the rom.

Glad i stopped collecting nes a long time ago.

If i was still collecting i wouldn't buy this anyway,a copy is going to be sold to a repro site so i would buy a repro later for $25 or play the rom on a powerpak.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr obscure View Post

It used to be a fun little hobby,collecting and playing old videogames.
    Walking on flea markets and buying them for a few bucks and when a unreleased game was discoverd it got dumped on the net for all nes fans to enjoy.

Today everybody sells on ebay and wants the highest price for there items,the flea markets are dead.
    And rare games are sold for hughe /not fun hobby prices.(thanks to some nintendo collector sites)

And today a new method of destroying the hobby is here.
    The limited numbered released unreleased nes game.

Im sorry,but why must this be limited?? Just make a lot of repro carts and sell to all nes fans that are interrested and dump the rom.

Glad i stopped collecting nes a long time ago.

If i was still collecting i wouldn't buy this anyway,a copy is going to be sold to a repro site so i would buy a repro later for $25 or play the rom on a powerpak.

This has been going on with Atari games for years....and it costs a lot of money to make carts/manuals/boxes. Try doing one yourself and you'll see if you like investing $7-10K in it,

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pcc08 View Post
    Is the Ditka football game any good? Does it play anything like the Genesis or PC versions? Thanks.

It plays like the Famicom game Quarterback Scramble.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    This has been going on with Atari games for years....and it costs a lot of money to make carts/manuals/boxes. Try doing one yourself and you'll see if you like investing $7-10K in it,
    Im sorry but this is a absolute garbage comment

The normal retro player(not hardcore collector) just wants to play the game and is not looking for a box and manual(or a little kids monster puppet)

And making carts is not that $$(you can get a repro cart for $25 or less) So that $7-10k is garbage,you just make it that $$ expensive yourself.

7 k please dump it and its only $135 powerpak price. hahaha

Then this gets hyped with limited numbers ,again why? just why?

A final thought
    These unreleased games got unreleased for a reason..
    Most of them are crap .
    put a side to work on better games or didn't made the quality check.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, you stopped collecting for the NES because you were outed on NintendoAge for being a piece of shit scammer. No one will deal with you and

Good luck with the release Jason, I'm definitely going to be picking this one up when money isn't as tight.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

The normal retro player(not hardcore collector) just wants to play the game and is not looking for a box and manual(or a little kids monster puppet)

And making carts is not that $$(you can get a repro cart for $25 or less) So that $7-10k is garbage,you just make it that $$ expensive yourself.

A final thought
    Most of them are crap .
    /facepalm

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    No, you stopped collecting for the NES because you were outed on NintendoAge for being a piece of shit scammer. No one will deal with you and

Good luck with the release Jason, I'm definitely going to be picking this one up when money isn't as tight.
    Im sorry but im making a normal comment here.
    And your comming with old news and shouting like a 4 year old.
    NOT cool and not needed. Please react ontopic

I would like to hear a normal response on this topic and other people's view,its no attack or anything i hated numbered homebrew releases tho and thats well known.

Point here is why isn't this released for all to enjoy

OFF TOPIC im collecting for a cib n64 pal set and lost interrest in nes long before i left nintendoage.( i wanted a complete set and thats almost impossible pal)
    For people how want to know,im not a scammer but a bad shipper.
    I shipped 2 earthbounds and they where damaged because of shipping and bad packing job from my part and this derailed terrible.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A final thought
    Most of them are crap .

Honestly, people like the stuff as things like this have been released at Classic Gaming Expos for Atari and have done well. Collectors LIKE this thing. $7-10K is with hundreds of boxes and manuals printed up, arts being made, time, effort. I'm not condoning the numbers things, that does not matter to me. I don't think 1 or 100 make a difference, it's just a marker on the cart itself, but just because you can't convey this on the NA forums for other reasons, don't take out your anger on someone trying to release something to keep the system alive.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im not angery at somebody for releasing a repro of a prototype why ??
    Congrats 2 ngd for doing this.

I don't like the way its done,this number release crap has 2 stop.
    release it for a year and stop the production after that,no numbers.

Collecters may like it,but games need 2 be played,not collected only.
    There are more nes players then collectors out there,so 2 be honest its sad that ngd got his hands on it,this game was better of in the hands of a reproduction site.
    That way it would of made a hell of a lot more nes players happy and it would of costed way less$$

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im not angery at somebody for releasing a repro of a prototype why ??
    Congrats 2 ngd for doing this.

I don't like the way its done,this number release crap has 2 stop.
    release it for a year and stop the production after that,no numbers.

Collecters may like it,but games need 2 be played,not collected only.
    There are more nes players then collectors out there,so 2 be honest its sad that ngd got his hands on it,this game was better of in the hands of a reproduction site.
    That way it would of made a hell of a lot more nes players happy and it would of costed way less$$

I don't think people "deserve" to play everything for free. That's the mistake you make. Let's say he had to pay $1000 to get the cart, you think he should give it away?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ngd didn't pay $1000 for the eprom so thats not a fair exsample.he bought it in a lot from an employee if im correct.
    And i didn't say anything about getting it for free,you added that part,i mentioned a normal price of $25.
    But you bring up another nice exsample of how nes collectors drive up prices,i mean $1000 for a unreleased nes game,no way that would have happend before the nes internet boom,but thats offtopic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dutch(mr. obscure) - stop being an ass and let him sell the damn game without people shitting on it.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ngd didn't pay $1000 for the eprom so thats not a fair exsample.he bought it in a lot from an employee if im correct.
    And i didn't say anything about getting it for free,you added that part,i mentioned a normal price of $25.
    But you bring up another nice exsample of how nes collectors drive up prices,i mean $1000 for a unreleased nes game,no way that would have happend before the nes internet boom,but thats offtopic.
    . I've been collecting NES before the internet, and if you do your research, I was one of the original "old schoolers" so yes, NES unreleased games WERE selling for $1000 around the late 90s, but ANYTHING pre-internet was selling for less.

$1000 is a fair example. You don't think an unlicensed unreleased cart would sell for $1000? If they are undumped, they always sell for high amounts. Dumped do not. NES collectors drive up prices on released games, protos are more of a buyers market these days. I'm not sure what your point is here, or why you are angry, but it seems like because you were banned from NA you are taking it out on everyone else.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dutch, I don't appreciate you crapping on my thread for no reason. If you don't want a copy that is perfectly fine, but this wasn't a debat topic it was a FS topic.

The reason 250 is the most made of games cause that is the minimum order for boxes and manuals period. The person who makes the game never actually sells that many so they are stuck with a bunch of left over parts and pieces. #ing is just to keep track f who has what and people like numbered stuff. Sure you could get a repro for 25 bucks but it wouldn't be a CIB game and that is what most collectors want. (yes you are a collector to cause you just said you were collecting a CIB PAL N64 set, so just playing the games is BS cause you collect to).

back on the actually topic. The pre-order will go on for a few more days for anyone who is interested.
    ~~NGD