Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: EGM Closes, 1up sold to UGO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I purchased the relaunch issue of EGM, but haven't bought anymore since.. though I often thumb through them at newsstands. I find the tone too negative, the interviews too focused on insider junk and politics. Like others have said.. it's just a plain ol' bore now. Has too much of that noobgamer, uppity snob attitude that made me swear off EGM at the #200 mark.

Enjoyed the new Gamefan, but I can't even find it anywhere now. The thing is.. I keep most of the video game magazines I buy -- for years! I still have the first issue of EGM I ever bought .. November 1991! What an issue! I still read through it from time to time. I enjoy catching on to details about games I might not have cared about back in the day, but suddenly -- all these years later -- I am totally into. So, great screenshot layouts and info about the creation of the game are things that matter to me. Insider mumbo-jumbo about the state of the industry.. not so much.

Oh well, I still love Nintendo Power.. when there is nothing new to cover, they just fill the mag up with pictures of retro games! It's always the 20th-25th anniversary of something from the NES days.
    Last edited by SpaceHarrier; 07-26-2011 at 04:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    Totally different in south Georgia. Ever Walmart I went into was immaculate and people who didn't even work there took time to make sure the place was kept clean. It's like a different world.
    No it's not. I've been in high profile Wal-Marts like the affluent area of Plano. I've been in the breakrooms witnessing the level of stupidity first hand. The management may be on top of their game, but the grunts are pretty much clueless.

Do you hate grammar? I think you hate grammar.
    Ever?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    No it's not. I've been in high profile Wal-Marts like the affluent area of Plano. I've been in the breakrooms witnessing the level of stupidity first hand. The management may be on top of their game, but the grunts are pretty much clueless.
    :/ Guess I just wandered into a few good ones, then.

Ever?
    A slip of the tongue (or finger, I guess) isn't quite the same as aborting a sentence half way through. Meaning taken, however, I'll go fix that.
    Last edited by JSoup; 07-26-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Quote tags, y u no like me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I subscribed last year when they launched again and my subscription has ran out. I'm not re-subscribing, it's just not that good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
    I subscribed last year when they launched again and my subscription has ran out. I'm not re-subscribing, it's just not that good.
    Same here. I liked it but it's no where near as great as it once was. Once my subscription ran out a month ago I decided not to resubscribe. Part of this was that I really don't like the direction they are going in and the other part is that I feel they will be canceled before that subscriptions 12 issues are fulfilled. Also $19.99 is too much for one year.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.