Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: HALO Version Original Xbox Freezing During Thrillville Game

  1. #1
    Key (Level 9) garagesaleking!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

    Default HALO Version Original Xbox Freezing During Thrillville Game

    Since my 360 died i have started to use an original xbox to pass the time. it is one of the halo edition ones. I have become addicted to the game thrillville and cant stop playing it. Heres the thing. It seems when i have played for 2-3 hours straight the system freezes. It has frozen on me about 4 times in 4 days. I kind of start to feel when i have been playing for a certain amount of time and sure it enough it freezes. It just freezes whatever is on the screen and stays like that. I have to turn the system off and restart it then it works fine again.

    Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? Thanks for the help!
    Autobots. Roll out.

  2. #2
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,248
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Fun fact: The halo xboxes were the "non-defective" returns from the black xboxes. Due to warehousing laws, they couldn't resell a console that had already been sold unless it was under a different SKU. Most limited edition consoles were once returns. Same with consoles that have pack ins.

    They get sent back to the manufacturer. Once they go back through testing, they're repackaged as some LE or pack in and resold.
    Last edited by ProgrammingAce; 01-07-2009 at 10:57 PM.

  3. #3
    Key (Level 9) garagesaleking!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

    Default

    that is really interesting! I wonder how common that actually is though?
    Autobots. Roll out.

  4. #4
    Cherry (Level 1) eugenek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    387
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Fun fact: The halo xboxes were the "non-defective" returns from the black xboxes. Due to warehousing laws, they couldn't resell a console that had already been sold unless it was under a different SKU. Most limited edition consoles were once returns. Same with consoles that have pack ins.

    They get sent back to the manufacturer. Once they go back through testing, they're repackaged as some LE or pack in and resold.
    Shit, no way! That's incredible, I never knew that. Was it really more cost-effective to create a whole new casing rather than just keeping them as warranty replacements or something?

  5. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,248
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugenek View Post
    Shit, no way! That's incredible, I never knew that. Was it really more cost-effective to create a whole new casing rather than just keeping them as warranty replacements or something?
    They already had the cases from the debug systems.

  6. #6
    Mega Man (Level 19) The 1 2 P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The World Is Not Enough
    Posts
    11,193
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Very interesting Ace. I'll have to add that somewhere to my upcoming Xbox demo site.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,248
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    It's fairly common in the industry, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all do it.

  8. #8
    Kirby (Level 13) megasdkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bayamon, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

    Default

    But shouldn't they be relabeled as "refurbished" or "remanufactured"?

    Sure, they weren't defective, but the term above applies even to changing cases. So in a way, I see this as a deceiptful practice in a companies part.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

  9. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,248
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    But shouldn't they be relabeled as "refurbished" or "remanufactured"?

    Sure, they weren't defective, but the term above applies even to changing cases. So in a way, I see this as a deceiptful practice in a companies part.
    Electronics manufacturers have been doing it for decades. If you don't like the practice, you should call your congressman and have them change the warehousing laws.

    Microsoft stopped doing it once the 360s launched, and have never done it with the Zunes.

  10. #10
    Cherry (Level 1) eugenek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    387
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Electronics manufacturers have been doing it for decades. If you don't like the practice, you should call your congressman and have them change the warehousing laws.

    Microsoft stopped doing it once the 360s launched, and have never done it with the Zunes.
    Ah, but he doesn't have a voting representative in Congress.

Similar Threads

  1. Orange Halo Edition original Xbox console discovered
    By DTJAAAAMJSLM in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 08:01 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 02:55 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
  4. Factory sealed Halo edition Xbox (original)
    By captain nintendo in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 08:19 PM
  5. Original Halo 1 for xbox going up?
    By Fearless in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 11:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •