Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Default Classic EverQuest

I was wondering if anyone here ever played EverQuest back in the day. For over a year now, I have been hosting a Classic EverQuest PvP Server at pwnedemu.com

Right now it is just Original and Kunark, best of all it is free to play on, so consider this an invitation to come back and play some oldschool EverQuest!

www.pwnedemu.com for info on how to start playing.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks pretty neat. I played EQ for 5 years but I was on a PVE server, never did much care for PVP. Nice site though.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might give up and play some for kicks and giggles. Altho I'm not too fond of the PvP.

I used to be an addict of the EverCrack.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

aye it is pvp, but nobody usually PvPs until 50+, since we just implemented epic weapons, the pvpers are busy, on average there are well over 100 players online, it is almost exactly like original EQ, except some merchants arent implemented yet, but there are plenty of vendors around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can't say I am one of these pvp shy people.

I'm really probably gonna give this a shot, I haven't read the site yet, but is this truly classic pvp as in people drop their stuff and others can claim? If so that's awesome.

Edit: Got it all up and running, good stuff, went perfectly, nice server. I'll be fleshing this out a bit this weekend.
    Last edited by BHvrd; 01-09-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played it for about two weeks, I think it was shortly after the first expansion came out. I had to give it up. I had a hard time getting into the social aspect of it at first, but after meeting another player in the world who told me the ropes and gave me a ton of useful equipment (seriously, I just ran into him in a field and he made like Yoda) and seeing how other players were grouping to play together and do stuff I started to see how it could be too addictive to fit healthily into my life. My noobtastic adventures up to that point included falling off a boat and drowning, killing low level enemies, going into zones I shouldn't have and running from bears or tigers or something, and drowning near a beach and asking a higher level player to go down to look for my corpse but having him be unable to find it because I took too long to get back to that inappropriately high level for my character zone.

Another reason I gave it up was that my PC was too crappy at the time to run it smoothly. Sadly, I am typing this on the same PC I had back then. Suffice to say I'm not that up on the hottest new PC games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jupitersj
    PSN
    jupitersj

I played eq from beta till nov 2007 ... raided everything up through frostcrypt/ashengate. Started out as a Ranger and by the original Plane of Time ended up as a Rogue.

As tempting as it sounds I swore I'd stay away and not get sucked in and I've been clean for over a year now

I miss Tunare sometimes... <Eternal Retribution> <Gale of Destruction>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FxMercenary View Post
    I was wondering if anyone here ever played EverQuest back in the day. For over a year now, I have been hosting a Classic EverQuest PvP Server at pwnedemu.com

Right now it is just Original and Kunark, best of all it is free to play on, so consider this an invitation to come back and play some oldschool EverQuest!

www.pwnedemu.com for info on how to start playing.
    I'm really enjoying this, thanks a ton for posting. It's very awesome to be playing without the game holding your hand and having those newbie start zones. It feels more alive and like it still should to this day, but like many MMO's they always ruin the immersion by catering to new players which is ridiculous imo, all players should have to walk the same path imo.

Anyway. I got my macros and keys all set and i'm ready to blaze. Do you have a guild I could join? My ingame is (SolCutter).

Thanks again, this is nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    I'm really enjoying this, thanks a ton for posting. It's very awesome to be playing without the game holding your hand and having those newbie start zones. It feels more alive and like it still should to this day, but like many MMO's they always ruin the immersion by catering to new players which is ridiculous imo, all players should have to walk the same path imo.

Anyway. I got my macros and keys all set and i'm ready to blaze. Do you have a guild I could join? My ingame is (SolCutter).

Thanks again, this is nice.
    im GM Gronkus, i host the box lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

if more people join up from here i can make you guys a DP Guild =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, i'm level 9 and have ran like 4 zones so far. The pvp is there, but it's 10 levels difference so it isn't too bad, but even people I saw that could whoop me didn't. Course I know how to keep my distance and walk lightly, heh. Also think it has alot to do with guild structure though, people seem to think before they act, which is good.

It's much more fun than the real EQ in its current state. Not watered down, it's pure adventuring. The balance is there and shows why EQ is such a class act in mmo perfection! The server I noticed though has a few spells that are disabled as well as quests, so that's kinda hit and miss.

I've got a real good feel for the first few zones and i'm already pulling in around a platinum every 30-60 minutes. Already have all my basic spells+. I've invised to a few areas and found a named I really want to take out, so if anyone wants to get a leg up let me know and we'll hit it up.

I have (Dimensional Pockets) so we can gets some heavy loots.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait! I've wanted to play EQ for a long time, but I couldn't justify the cost. I'm getting Titanium as we speak, and I'll be signing up shortly. Thanks!
    Last edited by NCN; 02-26-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played EQ for a couple years or so. PvE only though. Mainly played a dwarven cleric on Drinal. I stopped playing right before they raised the level cap past 60 or whatever they did lol... after Luclin. Good times man. I look back on those days fondly for sure.
    Last edited by Octopod; 06-13-2009 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EverQuest was definitely better in the pre-Planes-of-Power age. I played from release day until just before Planes of Power. The original boat rides (which were 50% slower back then), hanging around druid rings/wizard spires to beg for a port, getting paid to bind people (I was a mage)... it was all great. The only "nerf" change I remember celebrating is when they made the death experience loss about half of what it originally was. Damn, it was really harsh before that.

Sure, the "quests" were terribly implemented, but it felt good to be able to go anywhere and do anything and not even have a reason to do it. The game revolved around social aspect and virtually requiring a balanced group. My best memories are of heading into Lower Guk and seeing 90+ people crammed in there, mostly the same people day after day. Lower Guk was an end-game zone back then! (along with Sol B)

That said, PVP was horribly unbalanced. EverQuest is a PVE game, period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Glad you guys are still enjoying it!

I recently upgraded the server from P4 Xeons to 2 Quad Core Xeon 2.33s and 12 gb of DDR2 800.

On avereage there are between 200-300 people on. Currently its just EQClassic with the planes. Kunark will be coming some time in July.

So, if you havent given it a shot yet, hurry up and play! ( unless you are planning on making an Iksar! )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would give it a try but I am on a Mac and not about to waste time with VMWare et al.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EDIT: Just read that the server is dead. Go figure.
    Last edited by NCN; 10-04-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn i was excited to try this