Thread: Anyone know how to rename Halo 3 save files?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone know how to rename Halo 3 save files?

I didn't sign up for Xbox Live and played through about half of Halo 3. I finally got around to signing up and had to change my profile name because my original was already taken.

Now I can't access my Halo 3 save file in-game because the filename is your profile name and restricted to your profile, and now it doesn't match my actual console profile name.

Any recourse here?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorta, it'll cost you $12 though, and you'll loose whatever time is left on your Xbox Live Gold Membership.

You have 2 profiles, the one that's connected to xbox live we'll call Name1 and the offline account with your saves called Name2. Go into the dashboard and pay 800 points to rename Name1 to anything else (doesn't matter what). Now upgrade Name2 from an offline account to an XbLive enabled account.

Now, your XbLive account will have your halo saves, but you'll loose any saves for any games you've played since signing up for XbLive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Sorta, it'll cost you $12 though, and you'll loose whatever time is left on your Xbox Live Gold Membership.

You have 2 profiles, the one that's connected to xbox live we'll call Name1 and the offline account with your saves called Name2. Go into the dashboard and pay 800 points to rename Name1 to anything else (doesn't matter what). Now upgrade Name2 from an offline account to an XbLive enabled account.

Now, your XbLive account will have your halo saves, but you'll loose any saves for any games you've played since signing up for XbLive.
    Wow, that sucks. I refuse to pay MS more money because of this on principle. It wouldn't even be that bad if I could change the difficulty level on the fly so I could put it on Easy until I got back to where I left off and then I could set it back to Heroic.

Thanks though.