Thread: eBay possibly leeching extra undeserved insertion fees from me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question eBay possibly leeching extra undeserved insertion fees from me?

I would like to hear what you think about this situation:

Early in December 2008, eBay Australia had a free insertion fee promotion for several days, December 9th to 13th to be precise.

The only major condition was that it applies to fixed price listings (Buy-It-Nows) only. Besides that, it's almost 100% free to list any item you want.

Let's say I listed ITEM X. I put ITEM X in 2 categories:
    CATEGORY X and CATEGORY Y.

Listing in 2 categories means your insertion fee is doubled. My insertion fee is $0.00 x 2 = $0.00 (due to free listing promotion)

Now let's say on December the 14th (1 day after the free-listing promotion), I changed CATEGORY Y to CATEGORY Z because for example, I decided CATEGORY Z was more appropriate for ITEM X than CATEGORY Y.

So now ITEM X is in CATEGORY X and CATEGORY Z.

My problem is that due to the above category change, I was charged the standard insertion fee for that price range and this happened for several items. It just appeared on my seller's account. I asked eBay Live Help and I eventually got an emailed response:

You are denied for the insertion fee credits because you revised your listings by adding a second category. As advertised on the promotion page, you are only eligible for listing fee credits for listings listed between 00:00:01 Tuesday 9 December 2008 (AEDT) and ends 23:59:59 Saturday 13 December 2008 (AEDT)
    If I did add a second category, then I would agree with the response and I will pay the fees. However, I didn't add it, I changed it. I already "paid" for the privilege of having a second category and I had 2 categories in the first place so I don't really see why I was charged.

Not that I can prove I added or changed it either way, the "Revised Information" column only says "Category" and the date/time it was revised.

I haven't replied to the email yet but somehow I don't think I'll be seeing those wasted dollars back.

The suckage of eBay aside, do you think I am or am not entitled to an insertion fee credit?
    Last edited by layzee; 01-12-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Sound like the normal deal to me.