Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: PORTLAND Retro gaming Expo 2009

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coreys429 View Post
    For everyone who went or was a vendor or volunteer could I get a list of Pros and cons for this year. We'll be having a new meeting soon and we'll be talking about the show and how it went. I would like to get some added input for the others that were there. Thanks. And Charles....the Atari 2600 carts are $1.
    Loved the show, hats off to all the organizers.

A couple of comments/suggestions:
    If that level of attendance is expected again, a larger venue is a must. Way too crowded, at least for the 1st couple of hours. I spent a fair amount of time sitting on the floor going thru boxes of stuff folks were selling and can't count the number of times I got kicked or stepped on by the crowds.

Vendors that actually put prices on items got most of my business, even if the pricing was of the "everything in this box is $XX" variety. I walked away from one vendor while they were looking up on ebay a price for an item I was interested in, and I won't visit thier booth next year if they use that method again.

Parking at previous venues was easier (although those didn't have 700+ attendees!)

Other than that, just a fantastic job by everybody.

-Ron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Charles!
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    Loved the show, hats off to all the organizers.

A couple of comments/suggestions:
    If that level of attendance is expected again, a larger venue is a must. Way too crowded, at least for the 1st couple of hours. I spent a fair amount of time sitting on the floor going thru boxes of stuff folks were selling and can't count the number of times I got kicked or stepped on by the crowds.

Vendors that actually put prices on items got most of my business, even if the pricing was of the "everything in this box is $XX" variety. I walked away from one vendor while they were looking up on ebay a price for an item I was interested in, and I won't visit thier booth next year if they use that method again.

Parking at previous venues was easier (although those didn't have 700+ attendees!)

Other than that, just a fantastic job by everybody.

-Ron
    Thanks for your feedback. This is the type of feedback we are looking for when deciding things for further events. We have always encouraged vendors to have their items marked and to not use ebay for pricing at the point of sale. We want to have the best show as possible and look forward to further adapting the show to fit demand when possible. This was the first year we really had a level of organization, and my hat is off to ALL the support, blood, and sweat of all the organizers and helpers of the show. I think that this next year will be even better, and look forward to being part of the successful team to make it happen.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist