Thread: Gaming hunt finds for 1/16/09-1/18/09

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gaming hunt finds for 1/16/09-1/18/09

It's not really swap meet season right now around here, so must of my hunting is done at the thrift stores: Goodwill, Value Village, Half Price Books, and the odd pawn shop. Had some pretty good luck yesterday, but most of it came at the last Goodwill I stopped at:

Some notes:

-Hexen is brand new, sealed. Not amazing, but still neat. The Half Price Books I got it at actually had two copies of that, and like 5 copies of Doom for Saturn. Somebody must've robbed the ID Software warehouse!

-Prince of Persia wasn't something I was going to get at first, cuz it was ten bucks, but the nice fellow at Value Village knocked it down to five for some inexplicable reason. I don't know if I've ever haggled at a thrift store. Hell, I didn't even really have to ask.

-I now own You Don't Know Jack Volumes 1-3, as well as TV and Movies editions. I've seen a lot of copies of this series lately!

-Power Mongers was my weekly "take a chance on an unknown Genesis game" pick. Sadly, turns out it's a spiritual successor to Populous. Do not want.

-I found Dodge Ball, MTPO, T & F 1, Pitfall, Earthworm Jim, and two of the Jack games at our last stop. Pretty awesome! I almost did a little dance right in the store when I saw Super Dodge Ball for that much (having a coupon for 30% off made it that much sweeter). They actually had some other stuff I passed on- Baseball Stars NES and Tecmo Bowl III for the Genesis were two others I decided against.

All in all, a good day, especially since I got Super Dodge Ball for the nice price. On top of that, my friend was telling me just the night before that he had conducted exhaustive research that found Pitfall for the Genny to be the best version. Just my luck to find it after that! Also, I'm hearing that EWJ for Gen is considered to be the best, too. So, woo-yeah!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We have a January finds thread for posts like this in the What's it Worth? forum:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126310

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

We don't do it this way anymore, please see our "What's it Worth" forum and make sure to repost it there.