Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does lack of Zelda in 2008 imply Ocarina remake?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

To the OP, Gemini-Phoenix, it seems you didn't know that Nintendo/Miyamoto said that Twilight Princess was the last Zelda game of its kind.

The next main console Zelda game, which has been in development for Wii for several years, will be very different from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Nintendo is looking to come up with new ideas, a new direction for the next Zelda, and, to build it from the ground up for Wii, unlike Twilight Princess, a Zelda game designed for GameCube and only ported to Wii with quickly tacked-on Wii Remote controls.

I expect some annoucement on the next Zelda game at this year's E3. Although Miyamoto said last year that he was unsure if he would be able to show anything of it at E3 2009, so we'll just have to wait.... I also don't expect it to be released until fall 2010.

One thing can be counted on, the gameplay/control system will be totally new, and will take advantage of MotionPlus. As soon as Nintendo showed the sword slashing gameplay in Wii Sports Resort, it became completely obvious that the next Zelda would take advantage of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1emrtvihg8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98tymtayDvk
    Last edited by parallaxscroll; 01-23-2009 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does lack of Zelda in 2008 imply Ocarina remake?
    Does lack of Mario in 2008 imply Super Mario Bros. 3 remake?

Actually, that would be awesome. Make a game like Super Mario Galaxy but based on SMB 3 or SMB World. I would buy that in a heart beat.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    I assume because it left cell shading behind and went towards a more realistic and serious style. I don't really understand why they are saying it either.
    The formula for Twilight Princess is modeled pretty closely after OoT. Hyrule field, Hyrule town, giant fishing area, the dungeons, the way the game is split into 3 dungeons at the beginning, then 4 - all of which are essentially themed the same way as in OoT. Then of course there's the Ganon fight which is structured the same way. I just found Twilight Princess incredibly lazy.

I guess you could make the same argument for Wind Waker - but I thought the style and the boating aspect brought enough changes to make it feel fresh.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrider31 View Post

I guess you could make the same argument for Wind Waker - but I thought the style and the boating aspect brought enough changes to make it feel fresh.
    I guess you could make the same argument for pretty much any recent Zelda game, to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only two Zelda's I ever really felt were similar enough to be considered a remake was Ocarina of Time compared to Link to the Past. I felt like there were many similarities (Not a bad thing either, they're the two best games of the series).

I didn't get similar feelings with Twlight Princess, I need more than things like one area serving as a central hub to get feelings of dejavu and think that it's a remake. Twilight Princess was much too different from Ocarina of Time for me to consider it just a redone version of OoT, even if there are some similarities.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-14-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Stumbled across this thread and couldn't resist bumping it for a laugh.

So many people were so certain that Nintendo would never remake Ocarina of Time at this message board not very long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Nintendo doesn't do remakes. Re-releases, sure. Not remakes. Consider also that they already re-released it for both the Gamecube and Virtual Console. Not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    I doubt they will do a complete re-make of any of the Zelda games, since they're always able to come up with new ideas for their franchises. This is Nintendo we're talking about, not SquareEnix.
    Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post
    The possibilities for a Ocarina of Time remake are slim to none ... remember that this game has been recently available for the Game Cube, hence it was available for Wii too :

There may be an eventual port for the Nintendo DS but a remake is not a possibility, it's Nintendo we are talking about, not Square Enix :S
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-14-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Stumbled across this thread and couldn't resist bumping it for a laugh.

So many people were so certain that Nintendo would never remake Ocarina of Time at this message board not very long ago.
    The thread to me wasn't about will they ever remake Ocarina - it was are they currently making it because we haven't seen a new Zelda in awhile. My opinion hasn't changed - still don't care really.

Considering Nintendo has been remaking and releasing older games for their portable platforms for awhile now (starting with Mario 64 DS I think), it's not like this was a shock at all either.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    The thread to me wasn't about will they ever remake Ocarina - it was are they currently making it because we haven't seen a new Zelda in awhile. My opinion hasn't changed - still don't care really.
    It's not important, I just was having some fun looking back at it. A few people predicted that there was next to no chance of an Ocarina remake happening. And of course that actually ended up coming to fruition and being released just a couple of years later when it hit store shelves earlier this summer.

I get bored occasionally and will type things into the search engine and look for interesting discussions to browse through.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-14-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I'll bet everyone in here 2k money that a new Zelda game hits the Wii before any remake.
    Everyone who posted in this thread prior to The 1 2 P's comment, you just made yourself 2k money.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Everyone who posted in this thread prior to The 1 2 P's comment, you just made yourself 2k money.
    Only if he can't convince a court of law that he was obviously talking specifically about the Wii platform itself, and the 3DS port shouldn't count.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end