Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does lack of Zelda in 2008 imply Ocarina remake?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

They're probably trying to figure out how to make the best Zelda game possible using the Wii's unique control scheme. I can't see Miyamoto being happy with Twilight Princess II - he'd want to do something totally different if he could.

Maybe it's Ocarina's story, maybe not. Don't care personally.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey View Post
    I came to the same conclusion. Maybe we'll see a version of OoT or even Majora's Mask specifically for the DSi that uses the camera or on-line capabilities in some weird and wonderful way?

Considering OoT usually tops all of the "Best Game Ever" lists, I'm sure Nintendo will make sure the game is readily available in some form for many years to come. Personally, I'd pay money if they re-released it for the Wii with a full TP style graphical overhaul.
    That's the beauty of a game like OOT. New gamers will have heard stories about how good it is and buy a remake / rerelease, and also people who have already played and already own it will also buy it. Nintendo wins twice. It's a licence to print money, and they're guaranteed a success. Why else would Square-Enix bother remaking (I prefer the term "Reinterpretation) so many of their classic games? Whilst they're taking risks with new genre's and franchises, they can offset this by dedicating certain resources to remaking a previous classic which guarantees them a stable income to fund their new ideas...

If a game like OOT is considered THAT good, then it will stand the test of time by always being available to new audiences and generations. As I said above, the Virtual Console is one thing, but the DS is quite another. And if you break it down, at the end of the day a downloadable game is not exactly teh same as actually owning a physical copy. Most gamers would rather search for the original N64 version or track down a GameCube disc to play on their Wii rather than be forced to download.

And I am sure that whatever market bought the rerelease of Mario 64 for the DS would also buy a DS port of OOT - How many copies of Mario DS have been sold to date? 20 Million?

Just to add, when Mario 64 was released for the DS, I too was suckered in to thinking that we would see a lot more classic N64 classics ported over, including OOT. Twas not to be, and instead we get only a handful when there is so much potential! I am sure that if RARE were to port over Goldeneye to the DS it would welcomed, and likewise if Nintendo were to port OOT and Majora's Mask then it would equally be appreciated! The people want it, and they're in a position where they can't lose, so I don't see what their problem is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

I thought that the leader of the Zelda team said he wanted to remake A Link To The Past. Does anyone have the quote for this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-El View Post
    I thought that the leader of the Zelda team said he wanted to remake A Link To The Past. Does anyone have the quote for this?
    *faints*
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just like OoT, aLttP is another timeless Zelda game that will be around for a very long time. I'm totally sure we'll see a full 3D remake/reinterpretation of the game at some point in the future, hopefully for the Wii.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    They're probably trying to figure out how to make the best Zelda game possible using the Wii's unique control scheme. I can't see Miyamoto being happy with Twilight Princess II - he'd want to do something totally different if he could.
    Well considering that Twilight Princess was basically a port of a Gamecube game(I realize it came out on the Wii first, but we ALL know why that happened) then there really hasn't been ANY new Zelda games for the Wii yet. And considering that this is the Wii's third year of existence, I'll bet everyone in here 2k money that a new Zelda game hits the Wii before any remake.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How about they remake Ocarina Of Time in the style of Link To The Past? How about that! To me, the style that Link To The Past created is what I consider the traditional Zelda style - It took the source material (Zelda I & II) and gave it a make-over, and this also carried over well to the Gameboy for Link's Awakening. Not too sure the Gameboy Color did the franchise and style any favours though (Mash up of garish colours), but then Minish Cap and Four Swords made everything right again and showed us how poor the Gameboy Color actually was

Perhaps Nintendo should focus on building a time machine and go back and undo their partnership with Philips so that we never recceived those three god-aweful CD-i games. Whilst they're at it, they can also go back and actually make Phantom Hourglass a good game instead of the crap that it really is!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
    How about they remake Ocarina Of Time in the style of Link To The Past? How about that!
    Someone attempted to do that, but eventually gave up. I really only like the older style Zeldas, I never really got into the N64.

I've just searched and someone else made a different Ocarina of Time remake.
    http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames....uest.php?q=159

Maybe that's why plenty of SNES titles are being remade for the DS instead of N64 titles. People like them more.

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

That's the beauty of a game like OOT. New gamers will have heard stories about how good it is and buy a remake / rerelease, and also people who have already played and already own it will also buy it.
    if new gamers bought a rerelease, they'd be disappointed. the hype around this game is unbelievable. oot would only sell to nostaligic gamers like yourself, unless they essentially made a new game with oot's story. and if they're gong to do that, they'd might as well make an altogether new one. the rose-tinted glasses are strong with this game.

having never had an n64 in its heyday, i bought oot at a friend's recommendation that it was the bee's knees (this was about 2 years ago). it was dated. dated in the same way that many dreamcast and ps1 games are dated now, meaning that gameplay, control, and presentational improvements in 3d gaming made in the interim have rendered these games largely obsolete. i tried to like oot (having enjoyed the nes games). after a couple of hours, i really wanted my $10 back.

so, as a device to take you back to your childhood, i'm sure oot is great. new gamers would be better served with a new zelda.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I dont see why they couldnt allow you to play virtual console games on the DSi with its hard drive. That is a feature that would be win win for everyone, and one that would give gamers their OOT on the go(as well as all the other VC games that they wanted to buy)
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well the DSi and Wii both have SD card slots. So it is perfectly possible for Nintendo to allow you transfer your VC games to SD and play them on the DSi. The DSi is surely more than capable of emulating all the machines available on the VC, and it would be a nice direction for Nintendo to take.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There is no way the DS can emulate the N64 or Neo Geo, and I have serious doubts it could emulate at full speed with sound, the Super Nintendo.

The DS is basically a portable N64. I believe it's considered slightly more powerful, but it isn't a huge leap. Definitely not enough of a leap for it to have the power necessary to emulate it (As a general rule, a system has to be about 10 times as powerful as the system you're trying to emulate).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-14-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They've already re-made Ocarina of Time... it's call Twilight Princess....
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Xplosive18

Who cares, I mean don't get me wrong or anything I loved this game back in the day, but the way that this game has been placed above everything else through out the years is kinda annoying. I don't want to say its overated because its not. Its just that there were other games just as good that don't get the godly status of this game.

Shoot I acually like Majora's Mask just as much, but Zelda fans will cut down on that all day long because it strayed from the traditional formula. I say they work on getting Majora's Mask up on Virtual Console before they go off and decide to make a remake of Ocarina of Time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd love to see a TP updated Majora's Mask too. It was certainly a very interesting concept and the most unique Zelda game.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Whilst they're at it, they can also go back and actually make Phantom Hourglass a good game instead of the crap that it really is!
    Shame on you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    I Am Your Face
    PSN
    Solertia

I don't get it, how is Twilight Princess anything like Ocarina of Time?

And eh, I've always loved the 2D Zelda games much more than the 3D anyway.

On that note, I'd love to see a remake of A Link to the Past, but only if they kept it 2D (you can do a LOT with 2D nowadays, example: the remakes of Final Fantasy I and II on PSP in comparison to their NES versions).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The possibilities for a Ocarina of Time remake are slim to none ... remember that this game has been recently available for the Game Cube, hence it was available for Wii too :

Zelda : Master Quest
    Zelda : Collector's Edition

There may be an eventual port for the Nintendo DS but a remake is not a possibility, it's Nintendo we are talking about, not Square Enix :S
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Solertia View Post
    I don't get it, how is Twilight Princess anything like Ocarina of Time?
    I assume because it left cell shading behind and went towards a more realistic and serious style. I don't really understand why they're saying it, either.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-14-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    I assume because it left cell shading behind and went towards a more realistic and serious style. I don't really understand why they are saying it either.
    If you set aside the fact that all Zelda games since Link to the Past are essentially the same game(minus Phantom Hourglass and a few bits of Wind Waker), you've still got some pretty remarkable similarities between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Hyrule field acting as a hub, Epona carting yer elven ass around, the village in the beginning acting as the training level...