Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway is ignorant and arrogant

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Midway is ignorant and arrogant

I just got banned from their boards for posting this on their boards for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe:

Why no Wii or PC version?

The XBOX360 isn't worth buying because it constantly malfunctions, and the PS3 still isn't worth buying if you already own a high-end PC. So why is there no PC or Wii version of this game? I shouldn't have to buy an unreliable system or a cheap Blu-Ray player just to play this game when I already own a system that should be able to run it better than an XBOX360 or a PS3. You want to know why Midway is losing money? It's because of stupid decisions like this to limit the market for games with massive sales potential to the few who own one or the other of the two worst values in video game systems. Thanks for being so interested in earning some of my hard-earned money. Now I'll never get to play this game, just because you can't be bothered to support the PC or the Wii in addition to the XBOX360 and the PS3.

WTF? Obviously, they don't want to hear any criticism of their business decisions... so let them tiwst in the dust when they end up going bankrupt!
    Last edited by Iron Draggon; 01-25-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    HardcoreXBL
    PSN
    HrdcrePSN
    Steam
    Brother_Daniel

You flamed the company on their own forum. And you are complaining?

/me sets mode +fail iron_draggon
    <Blackjax> YES!!! MIDGET WRESTLING ON THE SPANISH CHANNEL!!!!

Romans 3:23
    For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
    Romans 5:8
    But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if that's considered flaming, they deserve to burn... and if they can't take the heat on their own forums, they deserve to go down in flames... COWARDS

me sets Midway on = FAIL

it's not like they don't KNOW they're operating in the red... EVERYONE KNOWS
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    HardcoreXBL
    PSN
    HrdcrePSN
    Steam
    Brother_Daniel

I think 4chan is right up your alley.
    <Blackjax> YES!!! MIDGET WRESTLING ON THE SPANISH CHANNEL!!!!

Romans 3:23
    For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
    Romans 5:8
    But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

While I don't agree with your assessment of gaming hardware - you can probably enjoy a bit of personal retribution knowing that Midway is likely going to go away (or have their best properties gutted and sold on the chopping block) based on their current multi-million-dollar-debt financial situation.

It's a damned shame considering the very decent legacy that the company has.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    I just got banned from their boards for posting this on their boards for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe:

The XBOX360 isn't worth buying because it constantly malfunctions, and the PS3 still isn't worth buying if you already own a high-end PC. So why is there no PC or Wii version of this game? I shouldn't have to buy an unreliable system or a cheap Blu-Ray player just to play this game when I already own a system that should be able to run it better than an XBOX360 or a PS3. You want to know why Midway is losing money? It's because of stupid decisions like this to limit the market for games with massive sales potential to the few who own one or the other of the two worst values in video game systems. Thanks for being so interested in earning some of my hard-earned money. Now I'll never get to play this game, just because you can't be bothered to support the PC or the Wii in addition to the XBOX360 and the PS3.

WTF? Obviously, they don't want to hear any criticism of their business decisions... so let them tiwst in the dust when they end up going bankrupt!
    Your post sounds like you don't want an answer - you're just looking to bash them in their own neighborhood so they probably figured, "the hell with this."

If you really wanted to know why there wasn't a Wii or PC version, why not just keep it to:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon"
    ...and give them a chance to respond?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wouldn't think posting on their boards would have any effect on them, so I'm not sure why you did. For what it's worth though I agree with you. If MK vs. DC was on Wii I would have payed full price before it was even released and picked it up on launch day. Now I will most likely never play it. I refuse to by a 360 with it's ridiculous failure rate and the PS3 isn't even the cheapest Blu-ray anymore making it even less appealing than before.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Ugh. I wish we were so lucky.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I agree that it needs to be put on more systems, I can see why they would not.

While the Wii is a cool system, it just can't push the graphical limits that a ps3 or 360 could. And the pc has a huge piratting rate.

And yes, saying anything negative about a company their own boards would justify the ba hammer.

I am not going to do it, but it would be like me starting a thread and talking down on Joe's store. It would have the same effect of the ban hammer.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can't blame Midway for PS3 or XBOX 360 system issues. THose are where the sales numbers are for the type of graphics needed to display this game.

Remember, the Wii is still basically a GameCube, and like with Armageddon, Midway WAITED on sales numbers for PS2/XBOX to see how well it would do before releasing it on Wii.

This game is a whole different story, but you flamed the heck out of them for no reason. MK makes money, the reason they are in this whole is because of non AAA products like STranglehold which put them in an even BIGGER hole.

PC is a joke, that is bootleg non selling central for most fighting games...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

midway is obviously struggling to keep from closing down. It costs a *lot* of money up front to make a game, even a port. They don't have the cash, so they choose the most profitable systems.

It's like shopping at costco. Sure you can save money by buying the huge $50 box of cereal, but if you don't have the $50 to spend, then you're out of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I think it's obvious why there's no Wii or PC version. The Wii is now perceived as the 'gimmick' console. Underpowered and filled with shovelware, it's geared more toward 'casual' gamers, not hardcore players who would like something like MK vs. DC. And on the PC side, you have to deal with constant and widespread piracy. At least on the PS3 and 360 it's a little harder to pirate than with a PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also.....who plays fighting games on the PC? The demographics are NOT in favor of PC releases for major fighters. And the Wii wouldn't appeal to the hardcore fighter audience at all. I just can't see either of those being a sensible choice for release.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They probably can't afford to make a Wii/PC version. They had to borrow money to print out the game in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Also.....who plays fighting games on the PC? The demographics are NOT in favor of PC releases for major fighters. And the Wii wouldn't appeal to the hardcore fighter audience at all. I just can't see either of those being a sensible choice for release.
    QFT

Seriously, who plays fighting games on a pc? Thats got to be one of the worst controller set ups ever. As for the Wii, most third party games just can't seem to cetch a break under the all mighty shadow of Nintendo first party games. So while I understand that you still want a pc release of every game in existance, the piracy rate will always keep that from happening. Even without piracy this game wouldn't have fit into the pc's main demographic....or the Wii's.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    ...game wouldn't have fit into the pc's main demographic....or the Wii's.

Agreed... 99.99999999% of my friends would never buy a fighting game for the PC. I've asked. From what I've gathered PC is shooter country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    They probably can't afford to make a Wii/PC version. They had to borrow money to print out the game in the first place.
    Exactly. A Wii version? I could see it happening, but a PC version, never.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    This game is a whole different story, but you flamed the heck out of them for no reason. MK makes money, the reason they are in this whole is because of non AAA products like Stranglehold which put them in an even BIGGER hole.
    Non AAA products? Every Mortal Kombat from 4 and on. The only people who ever buy an MK game anymore are fans who think maybe the creators will wise up and actually create a good game once again. However, after promises and promises, the creators just create more and more crap.

I remember the promise that they were going to create an entirely new fighting engine and Armageddon was going to be some sortof godsend. What happened to the new system? Armageddon was nothing more than an even worse version of Deception with a crappy character creation, adventure, and racing system. I'd personally never buy another MK because of all the failed promises, whether it was good or not.

Now you did mention Stranglehold. While it wasn't the best title ever or even a very high quality title, it was still a pretty good title. Definitely had fun playing through the game, although it was quite repetitive. The way the game itself controlled was pretty much perfect as it was very responsive towards every action you made and there was hardly ever slowdown even with the amount of enemies. So to tell you the truth, the game was actually a well developed title and it fit being a sequel to Hard Boiled very well(as the movie itself was nothing but a pure action title.) This is more of a AAA title than any MK game will ever be, even when the MK series didn't suck.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I think it's obvious why there's no Wii or PC version. The Wii is now perceived as the 'gimmick' console. Underpowered and filled with shovelware, it's geared more toward 'casual' gamers, not hardcore players who would like something like MK vs. DC.
    Please. MK vs. DC is in no way "hardcore". It is as much of a gimmick game as anything else. The Wii may be underpowered, but how much power does this game really need? It doesn't look like anything fancy. I'm sure it could be scaled down to 480p without any big problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MK vs. DC would have to be really scaled down to work on Wii. And Midway is in a dire financial situation, so I doubt it has the resources to do such a port.

Why not flame Rockstar for not porting GTA IV to Wii, or Namco for not porting Soulcalibur IV? Its the same deal...