Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

I actually just bought it this morning after this thread popped up yesterday, so I'm hardly anywhere and I'll be playing this for awhile. I've finished the first challenge so far - that's it!
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pezcore343 View Post
    I think so far Star Prince is my favorite game of the ones I've unlocked (everything up to Guadia Quest so far), which is odd because I've never been a fan of shoot-em-ups.
    Check out the Hudson caravan shooters, then. Games like Final Soldier, Soldier Blade, Super Star Soldier and most of the rest of the Soldier series. They're quite different from the usual arcade shooter of the day due to the special "kill enemies quickly for more scoring opportunities" play style.

I've yet to pick this up but it should work more or less the same way.

I think this is a game I could easily end up buying twice, because I'm fairly interested in the bonus text.

Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

Thanks for the recommendations. What systems are those Husdon games available on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The second retro game challenge turned up today, time to get my fix on a whole new wave of fake games YAY

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ooh, it comes with a DVD?

Still working on Guadia Quest, need to grind some more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It comes in 2 flavours just the game on it's own, or as a limited edition that comes with a special episode of the tv show on dvd.

I love how the box is exactly the same design & dimensions of the dvd tv show box sets, it fits in with them perfectly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I absolutely love this game. And really really really hope the 2nd one gets translated! I hope to see some impressions from you, Importaku, somewhere. I loved the dialogue and magazines etc in the first game so definitely want them in the 2nd.

So far I've completed all the challenges up to the final one. I'm trying to complete each game properly - without cheating - now. Done Cosmic Gate, Rally King and Guardia Quest. I spent a huge amount of time getting all the GameGuardias in Guadia Quest. That Red one must have taken hours and hours. He was very tough and very evil. I've also spent quite a long time on Robot Ninja Haguruman 1 but can't clear the 2nd loop. I should also work through Haggleman 3 as it seems quite good, those constant flying things on level 2 really piss me off though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great game. I beat it the other day. For those of you that hate Guardia Quest, you CAN beat the game without beating Guardia Quest....

I liked Robot Ninja Haggleman 3 and Guardia Quest the best myself. Hated that rally game with a BURNING passion though. Especially having to beat it....twice. Blech.

I will buy the 2nd one if it comes out here. Instantly.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by importaku View Post
    The second retro game challenge turned up today, time to get my fix on a whole new wave of fake games YAY
    I'm curious (as I'm sure others are) about what the fake games are on this one. So do tell! Is there a RNH 4?

Since my last post I'm now on the Rally King SP challenges. This game reminds me of Wario Ware to a certain extent, and I loved that game so enjoying this comes as no suprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Theres no sequel to Haguru man but a haguru man game is in there, to stop this thread getting derailed by my retro game challenge 2 postings i have created a impressions thread for all that are intrested in the sequel

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...33#post1521533

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Great game. I beat it the other day. For those of you that hate Guardia Quest, you CAN beat the game without beating Guardia Quest....
    Man, I hope so... The final challenge to 'beat every game' is starting to wear on me. I need to beat Haggle Man 3, Gaudia Quest, and Rally King Ramen yet.

How do I skip beating Gaudia Quest? 8 bit RPG's are NOT my thing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll give you a hint....you can find the answer in one of the game mags. You can use cheats and workarounds to beat most all of the challenges you know...

If you can't figure it out, PM me.

Insert Coin (Level 0) nickerous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love it so far. I'm on the Ralley Car race game. Just imagine if Nintendo released something like this based on actual NES games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow, I'm happy to hear this game is so good. I didn't hear about it until just recently, and when I read about the game I was concerned that it may suck or just be a confusing mess.

I'll pick this when it hits $20.00 (which shouldn't be long since it's only $30 on amazon now)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some informations:

(Warning, spoilers about how you need to complete the games)

-Use the 64 Stage Warp in Cosmic Gate if you want to finish the game without killing your thumb. Doesn't work in the Free Play version. (I have yet to try it out in the Story Mode version, but it'll work.) The warp is this: Shoot 64 times in Stage 1 without hitting an enemy.

-Haggleman 1 registers as completed even in Freeplay if you use the Left + Start continue cheat

-Left + Start when GAME OVER appears in Star Prince to continue.

-Rally King SP seems to require you place first to register as "completed." I've gotten second place (re-running the last course) in Freeplay, and third place in Story Mode, and neither has registered as completed yet.

-In Robot Ninja Haggleman 3, be sure to get the discount Gear. By Episode 3's beginning you shouldn't need more than maybe 180 power, so there's no point of grinding to get Max +10 gears forever. I believe there are two free Max +10 gears in the first two Episodes, so the highest you would need to buy would be 240 power - the remaining 260 (actually 255, the last +10 only adds +5; they made the max power 255 to be cute) should be free. Of course, I ended up grinding it out anyway. Also, be very sure to complete the episode if you have bought a lot of +10s; if you don't complete an episode before quitting the game, your progress since the beginning of the episode is lost!

Also, somebody needs to make a Guadia Quest walkthrough. I've found a bunch of stuff (including a secret hidden enemy that has a Guadia version), but I have no idea what most of the items do (not effective here), and I haven't used magic (why is Character3 so bad at armed combat, and what is OldWand's use when you can replace it with a FineDirk or Scimitar? Why don't better weapons make Character3 a better melee fighter?), and likewise the only way to tell what Guadias are better than others is to collect them. What I know so far:

FireGuadia and the first stone-looking Guadia should both be Level 10 and 60 Power. I have Wind Guadia on my Story Mode save, will have to look at its stats. LostGuadia (the samurai one) is level 15 and 75 power.

Titanium, Silver, and Gold are money-storing items. Lets you get killed and not need to reset the game to recover your gold, although I tend to do that anyway.

My playing order is usually like this:
    1.) Grind the area immediately outside Centraan for a while (to about level 4-5)
    2.) Grind the area around Timbuktoo
    3.) Quickly go to the Dungeon, hopefully using Fasta to get to the regen point, and grind grind grind! Picking up the weapons, quickly getting to the stat boost items (Figs) in hopes the game increases stats at the level by percentage, and chuckling about all the money I have saved by only buying a Bastard Sword up to this point! Note, ForceFig does not go to Character3.
    4.) Go through the Dungeon and beat it if possible. If not I go grind the entrance hall of the Tower a while. Then back to the Dungeon eventually (probably around Level 19-20).

I use Auto for combat, which definitely takes some of the fun out of it, but lets things go much faster. I'm thinking that I need to "downgrade" Character 1's weapon, because the Battleaxe and BigClub have terrible hit/miss chance ratios (50-50 for each). I'd rather do less damage but do it consistently.

And, again, Character3's inability to do more than about 3 damage in melee is puzzling. If her attack stat is about 1/4 that of Character1's, she should still be able to do about 1/4 the damage! Also puzzling is that Auto doesn't use any magic except for healing. Lame-o.

My characters are named Rizz, Wua, and Prch. yep. I almost gave Character2 a different name in Freeplay because I kept thinking I was seeing "Who did X damage to LostPriest!"

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    I'll give you a hint....you can find the answer in one of the game mags. You can use cheats and workarounds to beat most all of the challenges you know...
    This is related to the LOOK command and the Royal Tomb (which I haven't found yet), right?
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 03-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    This is related to the LOOK command and the Royal Tomb (which I haven't found yet), right?
    Yep.

FYI, ALL games can be "Complete" by using cheats from the mags. I cheated on RNH3 to skip to the last stage, eliminated all the competition from Rally King, etc etc. It's not nearly as hard to beat if you want to do that. Of course, for a challenge, you can beat em all the fair way, but IMO that's why you unlock free mode anyway.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Some informations:

(Warning, spoilers about how you need to complete the games)

Also, somebody needs to make a Guadia Quest walkthrough. I've found a bunch of stuff (including a secret hidden enemy that has a Guadia version), but I have no idea what most of the items do (not effective here), and I haven't used magic (why is Character3 so bad at armed combat, and what is OldWand's use when you can replace it with a FineDirk or Scimitar? Why don't better weapons make Character3 a better melee fighter?), and likewise the only way to tell what Guadias are better than others is to collect them. What I know so far:
    It will take a long time before Ch3 is a character worth using melee. Keep using her magic until you can spare a really good melee weapon that she can use instead of using her MP all the time. Trust me, you will find one eventually.

FireGuadia and the first stone-looking Guadia should both be Level 10 and 60 Power. I have Wind Guadia on my Story Mode save, will have to look at its stats. LostGuadia (the samurai one) is level 15 and 75 power.
    I walked through the game with the idea that every time I got to a new area, I would find the new Guadia and try to get it. Didn't fail me once, except when I tried to get one that was WAY above my level and it demolished my party. After you find the toughest Guadias in the game (you will know them when you see them), you will want no other kind, if you can survive a pact fight with one of them.

Titanium, Silver, and Gold are money-storing items. Lets you get killed and not need to reset the game to recover your gold, although I tend to do that anyway.
    For me, these were useless items as I almost always used items that I found in the dungeons since they were superior anyway. The thing I used money most for was the Inn.

My playing order is usually like this:
    1.) Grind the area immediately outside Centraan for a while (to about level 4-5)
    2.) Grind the area around Timbuktoo
    3.) Quickly go to the Dungeon, hopefully using Fasta to get to the regen point, and grind grind grind! Picking up the weapons, quickly getting to the stat boost items (Figs) in hopes the game increases stats at the level by percentage, and chuckling about all the money I have saved by only buying a Bastard Sword up to this point! Note, ForceFig does not go to Character3.
    4.) Go through the Dungeon and beat it if possible. If not I go grind the entrance hall of the Tower a while. Then back to the Dungeon eventually (probably around Level 19-20).

I use Auto for combat, which definitely takes some of the fun out of it, but lets things go much faster. I'm thinking that I need to "downgrade" Character 1's weapon, because the Battleaxe and BigClub have terrible hit/miss chance ratios (50-50 for each). I'd rather do less damage but do it consistently.
    Getting rid of the BigClub on Ch1 is an excellent move. I always used the grandfather method on melee weapons. If I saw the hit% went way down, I would just switch back. I would rather know I have the slightly lower damage than not be able to predict when I'll get any hit.

And, again, Character3's inability to do more than about 3 damage in melee is puzzling. If her attack stat is about 1/4 that of Character1's, she should still be able to do about 1/4 the damage! Also puzzling is that Auto doesn't use any magic except for healing. Lame-o.

My characters are named Rizz, Wua, and Prch. yep. I almost gave Character2 a different name in Freeplay because I kept thinking I was seeing "Who did X damage to LostPriest!"

The Royal Tomb is on the Eastern side of the map. You can find it any time you want, as long as you can survive the fights around it. Those fights shouldn't be tough, though.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem there is the money storing items sell back 1:1 of their buy cost. Other items you take a hit. If you die, you lose gold on hand so the store items are very useful.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Rally King SP seems to require you place first to register as "completed." I've gotten second place (re-running the last course) in Freeplay, and third place in Story Mode, and neither has registered as completed yet.
    Where can I tell that one of the 'utimate challenges' is completed? I beat Cosmic Gate using the warp cheat, then beat Rally King (non SP version), but I can't seem to see the results anywhere. Have I missed something somewhere?

I did end up beating Guadia Quest's 4th challenge after a long time playing around in the dungeon and finding my way (I was level 15, and do feel like I got a bit lucky as I had one dead char, one with 1 HP, and one still okay but could not have lasted another round of attacks).

Guadia Quest is definitely the game where lots of people might lose their way. I loved them at the time, but now RPGs without maps that are auto-created and poor inventory management are tough to take. All the rest of the games I would totally still play today had I played them back in the 80s - Guadia Quest I would likely remember fondly but never want to play again...

(that's assuming they were all real of course )

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    Where can I tell that one of the 'utimate challenges' is completed? I beat Cosmic Gate using the warp cheat, then beat Rally King (non SP version), but I can't seem to see the results anywhere. Have I missed something somewhere?

I did end up beating Guadia Quest's 4th challenge after a long time playing around in the dungeon and finding my way (I was level 15, and do feel like I got a bit lucky as I had one dead char, one with 1 HP, and one still okay but could not have lasted another round of attacks).

Guadia Quest is definitely the game where lots of people might lose their way. I loved them at the time, but now RPGs without maps that are auto-created and poor inventory management are tough to take. All the rest of the games I would totally still play today had I played them back in the 80s - Guadia Quest I would likely remember fondly but never want to play again...

(that's assuming they were all real of course )
    When you select the game, there should be a "completed" icon displayed if you've finished it.