Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weirdest Famiclone ever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Weirdest Famiclone ever!

It's PC Game - from Brazil (a paradise of bizarre piracy) by a well-known Famiclone company called Dynacom:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SSGpi1ASUKM

Strawberry (Level 2) FrakAttack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Ambitious, but rubbish."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've always wondered why a few Famiclones have keyboards and word processors in them when they never include any kind of printer port to make hard copies or a modem to send the doc to someone. And there's not any way to save a document, so there's really no use for that program.

I've seen stranger Famiclones than that one. I've got one that's built into a keyboard with a lot of educational software on it. I've never been able to use the thing, considering that it never came with a power supply and it doesn't use batteries.

It seems that they try to make a lot of educational clones in Brazil. Like the TV Boy, based on the Atari 2600 but with a bunch of learning games on it. And then there's machines like this one. Y'know, it's about time that someone uses the hardware to make a home computer out of it. Kind of like the early Famicom, and the original design of the NES in the US (with a keyboard and cassette recorder for external storage). These pirate Famiclone designers just need to put some ports on the damn things so that you can save your data, print out documents, and maybe a modem (that comes with a bunch of pirated games that have been hacked to be played multiplayer online). Then you've got something special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

God, do people really watch that show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    God, do people really watch that show?
    From what I've heard, the show has been cancelled finally. So, yes, there is a God. Although he's a bit slow to react.

I was wondering why he posted a Tim & Eric skit in a thread about Famiclones. Maybe it was his attempt to spread mediocrity across the internet.

I really, really hate the Tim and Eric show. Deeply and truly.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    HardcoreXBL
    PSN
    HrdcrePSN
    Steam
    Brother_Daniel

It has not been cancelled. New episodes start this month. Back off my Tim and Eric. They're my pap paps.

As for the PC Famiclone. I am impressed that these people have taken it one step closer to being a PC.
    <Blackjax> YES!!! MIDGET WRESTLING ON THE SPANISH CHANNEL!!!!

Romans 3:23
    For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
    Romans 5:8
    But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Strawberry (Level 2) FrakAttack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I was wondering why he posted a Tim & Eric skit in a thread about Famiclones. Maybe it was his attempt to spread mediocrity across the internet.
    Because the Famiclone vid reminded me of Tim & Eric's useless product infomercials. The Internet spreads mediocrity just fine without my help.
    "Ambitious, but rubbish."

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember reading a story about Famiclones like this, except they were like 80s euro-PCs with the built-in keyboard. Never thought I'd see an NES in a tower design, and I don't see why it's really necessary, other than to look awesome. The concept is great, it's an incredibly affordable "computer" in a very loose sense of the word. It seems more like a toy or another cheap famiclone, but there's talk about using these in third-world countries to push IT literacy. I remember some figures about just knowing how to type making the difference between working $1/week and $1/day. Still, the lack of document saving brings it down, as well as the use of NES carts as storage medium. I'd love to see a famiclone use 3.25" floppy, but then again, those aren't in production anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

wow the famicom has finally entered the thriving 8 bit home computer market of the 1980s! kind of a unique idea i guess i feel really sorry for the guys who developed all of that practically useless software though.
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrakAttack View Post
    Because the Famiclone vid reminded me of Tim & Eric's useless product infomercials. The Internet spreads mediocrity just fine without my help.
    Sorry. I'm just trying to show you some curious/bizarre stuff from the place where I live =(

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    The concept is great, it's an incredibly affordable "computer" in a very loose sense of the word.
    The stupid thing about 'PC Game' is: It's not affordable at all! It costs between 150 - 200 US Dollars!!

Everything here is expensive. With the money you can buy a Nintendo Wii everywhere you will only buy a Sega Master System in Brazil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

for 150-200 you can get an XO laptop from the OLPC (one laptop per child) project. The hardware specs certainly beat out a 68k based computer for the price.

http://laptop.org/en/laptop/index.shtml
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So is this going to use Family Computer software too? I mean Nintendo DID make a computer-style "Famicom" after all.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

is neither blue nor fast thom_m's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Macbee View Post
    The stupid thing about 'PC Game' is: It's not affordable at all! It costs between 150 - 200 US Dollars!!

Everything here is expensive. With the money you can buy a Nintendo Wii everywhere you will only buy a Sega Master System in Brazil.
    Totally right. And it pisses me off. It sucks to be a gamer in Brazil.

And I'm glad you wrote about the PC Game; I wanted to start a thread about it for a while, but never brought myself to it.

Dynacom idea with this piece of junk is to trick poor, misinformed parents to buy one of these things to their kids instead of a real PC. Since it's cheap for a "PC" (although REALLY expensive for a famiclone), they think they're making one hell fo a deal - just to arrive home and watch their offspring cry in disgust.

Tec Toy sells their cart slot-less versions of the Genny and the SMS for abusive prices too, since most of the people here can't actually tell videogames apart anyway. They go for the same price as almost 20 years ago, when they were actually the current gen consoles. A shame, really.
    Blowing on cartridges since 1987

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    From what I've heard, the show has been cancelled finally. So, yes, there is a God. Although he's a bit slow to react.

I really, really hate the Tim and Eric show. Deeply and truly.
    Not sure where you heard what you heard ...

and while I can certainly understand not liking it (personally I think it's fab, but it's certainly absurd to the point of being polarizing)

... it's one of the highest rated original productions on Adult Swim, the network execs love the caliber of guest star that exec. producer Bob Odenkirk brings in to the production ...

and Season 4 begins This Sunday

http://vimeo.com/3056385

So, at the very least it's not cancelled.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I can only think these computer Famiclones in this day and age are aimed to the Brazil equivalent of people who buy computers at Wal-Mart.

Then again, some people don't have any other options, even if it isn't cheap.

Could you just plug any old Famicom cart into that thing and have it play?

is neither blue nor fast thom_m's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, you can. That thing's just a famiclone in disguise. as fas as I know, it even comes with a multicart
    Blowing on cartridges since 1987

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

But are the educational games built into the unit, or are they on the cartridge?

How hard would it be to put in a memory card slot into a Famiclone, I wonder? I've got an SD card reader that only cost me $7, so the technology isn't expensive. At least it would provide storage for the machine, which could possibly be transferred to a PC if the data was put in the right format. Plus, you could happily throw ROMs of every Famicom/NES game onto one card and play all of them - if the hardware is up to it, like the way that Castlevania III won't play on hardly any Famiclones. It would be a low cost addition to the console that would make it truly useful instead of disposable.

About the whole Tim and Eric thing... polarizing is a good word to describe the show. I've never met anyone who thinks the show's just okay, it's either "I love it!" or, if you're me, "I want to see them hunted down and destroyed for their crimes against comedy, and all traces of their existence removed from the face of God's green Earth". See, no middle ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    They're my pap paps.
    ...the hell? Teenager lingo needs to be canceled.

I'm still waiting for the homebrew community to make their own famiclone that somehow put all the great ideas people have into action. I want it all! Keyboard, cassette storage (yes, cassette storage), cart slot, card slot, USB support, wireless...

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrakAttack View Post
    I immediately thought Innernette too. The show is funny, but I think you have to do hard drugs or work at a middle school to appreciate it.

I'm in the latter group... of course
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You've reached this page because we are currently not allowed to share our videos across United States borders. It sucks. We know.

If you're in Europe or the UK, try adultswim.co.uk.

Otherwise, why not play a game on the main site or log on to your message boards to tell us how much you hate us now?

Sincerely,
    adultswim.com

Sucks to be Canadian sometime.