Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sega 32x World Series Baseball more sought-after than Spiderman?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega 32x World Series Baseball more sought-after than Spiderman?

When did a baseball game replace Spiderman: Web of Fire (last 32x game released in USA) for most expensive NTSC 32x game? Weren't these cheap as potting soil a while back?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260349224218

Spiderman has been going for around $90 lately for a complete copy.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

I dunno, I picked up my Spiderman (CIB) for like $3 at a flea market. It took me longer to track down a copy of Pifall CIB for a reasonable price...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A seller on Amazon has a factory-sealed 32X World Series Baseball for $149. IMHO, a factory-sealed 32X Spider-Man: Web of Fire would sell for more than that...
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got the baseball one a while ago for not very much off ebay. I think I might get rid of mine soon if this trend continues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought my complete copy a year ago for $25 bucks and my complete Spiderman for $80. Gotta say I like the trend. Pitfall was the third hardest for me to find. I still dont have a box/instructions for Blackthorne, but I would imagine that would increase in value too if interest in the 32x is somehow going up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the general trend in ebay and amazon is down, with the economy tanking, if anyone is looking to maximize their profit then do not wait, list now

i picked up a loose WSB for 32x for cheap, the guy that sold it didnt believe any sports game was worth a lot of money. he sold it cheap on principle, even though i told him it was hard to find

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Last time I checked it looked like the system was going up a bit also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Complete boxed 32X US collection here, and that dang WSB was the last game I needed for the set. I think the thing with the game is that it does not get alot of attention due to being a decade plus old sports title. Getting that game has been a pain for awhile, even when I completed my set several years ago.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like the same price-pumping practices from the same kind of pompous pigs. Set up proxy auctions and (with second account) buy at ridiculous price to fool the suckers (rich, desperate, stupid, or whatever) in believing its gone up in price and unnecessarily deal out in a sultan's fortune. Seen done the same way for the Sega Cd and Turbo Grafx. My advice is to take Ebay prices like a grain of salt cause as Necro from PCEngineFx puts it, these buyers have more dollars than sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Looks like the same price-pumping practices from the same kind of pompous pigs. Set up proxy auctions and (with second account) buy at ridiculous price....
    That theory doesn't really make a lot of sense considering how much Ebay fees are. So what are they doing after that? Filing unpaid item claims and making new accounts? What a lot of hassle just to try to drive the price up on something!
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    That theory doesn't really make a lot of sense considering how much Ebay fees are. So what are they doing after that? Filing unpaid item claims and making new accounts? What a lot of hassle just to try to drive the price up on something!
    It does when a supposedly uncommon/rare $5-10 games start "selling" for 10-20 times the regular price. And presto...instant profit. Ebay fees are a mute point when you know how to get effective discounts and returns are huge. Look at Snatcher for the Sega CD. Until two years ago, it was selling below $50, then suddenly started selling 2-3x times then every copy under the sun was bought up. Soon that, sellers began restocking them for even higher price. It's the same old pattern. Ridiculous high priced auctions, followed by sudden buyoff, then emergence of same products for even higher price. Rince, lather, repeat. If you've been tracking Turbo sales over the last few months like I have, you'll see the same pattern emerging.
    Last edited by Press_Start; 02-03-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Just a hunch.........

I'd guess WSB for 32X gets such a good price because it is less likely to be sold than Spiderman. Everybody knows that 32X Spiderman is worth something so you are always seeing somebody list it. I'm sure there are people (who don't necessarily visit this site) who might pick up a copy of WSB or are sitting on it now and aren't aware it sells for a good price. Thus it doesn't get listed often. Which means when it does get listed, all of the people who filled the other holes in their 32X collection before WSB are now chasing these auctions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

I sold a complete minty copy a few months back on Ebay for $112. I assure you there was no shrill bidding. I was shocked when I saw what it ended at.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

The thing is, cart only WSB wouldn't go for that. Spiderman goes for $70-100 cart only, WSB only goes for $50 or less cart only.

Spiderman is worth way more than World Series Baseball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    It does when a supposedly uncommon/rare $5-10 games start "selling" for 10-20 times the regular price. And presto...instant profit. Ebay fees are a mute point when you know how to get effective discounts and returns are huge. Look at Snatcher for the Sega CD. Until two years ago, it was selling below $50, then suddenly started selling 2-3x times then every copy under the sun was bought up. Soon that, sellers began restocking them for even higher price. It's the same old pattern. Ridiculous high priced auctions, followed by sudden buyoff, then emergence of same products for even higher price. Rince, lather, repeat. If you've been tracking Turbo sales over the last few months like I have, you'll see the same pattern emerging.
    Agreed 1,000%!!!

Another example I've seen is Montezuma's Revenge (SMS) for $75! WHY!? It usually goes for no more than $25, yet on occassions it has hiked to close to $75!

Also recently, I saw what I call "buyer desesperation" on two different accounts: Evolution Pocket for NGPC (UK version) and Castlevania Legends (GB). On the first example, one copy went for $150+, then the second copy went for $60+, and the final copy went for...$160! What!? On the second example, a previous copy went for $60 MINT CIB, while a copy yesterday went for...over $100!

I don't understand buyers. I just think people are desperate and pay whatever amount for the game they are after.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was curiously watching a complete World Series Baseball that ended yesterday at about $50.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Yeah don't forget that many buyers who have lots of disposable income will buy a game for whatever price it is listed at if there are only a couple of copies available when they are looking.

I used to do that when I didn't have to pay rent every month and I was trying to get all the games I had sold before back into my collection. So I bought a $30 Ninja Gaiden III for NES and a $30 CIB Big Nose Freaks Out for NES (only copy listed at the time). I could have probably found both of them cheaper if I had waited and had Game Crazy search for them because back then they still carried NES games.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich View Post
    I sold a complete minty copy a few months back on Ebay for $112. I assure you there was no shrill bidding. I was shocked when I saw what it ended at.
    Seller doesn't necessarily need to be in on it. Actually, all they have to do is keep outbidding and pump up the price. The faster it rises, the more money they pocket for their copy. Even if the cons paid a ridiculous price, they always resell for a higher ridiculous price (double or more ) knowing there are potential buyers (a.k.a. lobotomized rich monkeys) desperate enough to flip a king's ransom. This delusional phenomenon has run rampant one time too many on the turbo scene. Anyone watching the boxed Magical Chase auction on Ebay knows what I'm talking about.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

only if you don't have it and you know how rare it is... otherwise it's just another sports game... why else would anyone pay that much for a copy?
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

32-X stuff is getting rarer because people didn't take care of the stuff when they had it. The system was never taken seriously and there were several people out there that just chucked it. Try finding a 32-X with all of the cables these days. If you find someone that has taken care of it, then you are lucky these days. It's like walking into Game Stop and seeing all of those loose discs and DS games. Nobody keeps anything anymore and that's why these things are so rare. Most gamers don't take care of the stuff the way that they should because consoles are transitional until the new one comes out.