Thread: Turbo Express buy, too much to ask?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Turbo Express buy, too much to ask?

I need some opinions. My Turbo Express portable arrived yesterday, I put fresh batteries in it and it was 100% dead. That certainly was not in the item's description: "The power plug does not work, but batteries still do." The internal power plug is indeed a mangled bit of metal, but I knew that going into the deal.

I made it mine and opened it up to see what the problem could be, turned out to be a bad connector. While I was in there, I also performed the well known sound mod. I asked the seller for a few bucks back for my trouble. What does everyone think? Fair?

I figure if anyone else would have bought this, they would have a nasty return to deal with. Still a fair deal, it came with Final Lap Twin, TV Sports Football, Cadash, Military Madness, Falcon & Chase HQ for about $130. Any thoughts on the price? Looked good compared to others and the rarity guide on DP.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

blankblankblankblankblankblankblank
    Last edited by Blur2040; 12-30-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Death to Bill and Ted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's great that you have the steady hand and light soldering iron necessary to fix it... Seeing as how you would have been in there anyway, eventually, I'd take it in stride - I think you paid a decent price, especially with Cadash and Military Madness thrown in... These things can be pretty hard to find... ftr, I paid the same for mine, without games, but dead mint and with all the packaging - it was a store return (dead sound) from back in the day, so I had to have the sound capacitors changed out for me (not so steady with a soldering iron, me!) which added another $50 to the price... Worth it, though... It's one of my most-played systems; I love the thing...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, when I saw Military Madness, I had to go for it. I actually found one locally for the same price (I guess $125 is the running price for TE's), but when I saw this one with all of the games I figured it was a good deal. Heck, if anything, I saved it from the landfill.

Just found out a cool feature of the system: if you leave it on for a few minutes, it goes into a power saving mode and turns the screen off but the sound is still active.

Still haven't heard from the seller...even if he tells me to soak my head, it would be nice to get some kind of a response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

You should have contacted and request at least a partial refund without letting off that you opened up the TurboExpress and tinkered in it. Telling the person that you opened it up would kill all chances you have of any money back.
    DERP