Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default How about this one?

I know we normaly just do video games here, but there's a few PC games I can think off that have gone for some crazy prices.

Here's a example of one.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11053

Yes, I have this -- and you can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

OHHH I so want that game. I honestly would buy one, install it and relist it. I didn't even know there was an iron blitz edition till you pointed it out.

I don't know if you play Axis and Allies, but if anyone wants to play PM me

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is a computer game not a video game as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Computer games and videogames vary in several ways, but thier respective fanbases vary much more and some can get pretty rabid about tauting the differences as virtues of superiority. It's like asking "Isn't Star Wars and Star Trek the same thing?" From a collector's standpoint, the difference is that console games are much more of a hobby and games are accepted as having value by virtue of their availability, condition, and enjoyment, while computer games are much more easily copied onto CD and barely hold on to the price they commanded while new (I bought a mint condition copy of Starlancer for the PC that must have fetched $50 when new, for $1.99). So yeah, it's rare for PC games to go for "rare" (ugh) videogame prices.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

That's what I posted this -- there are some PC games, such as this one, and PTO II, and Wing Commander Kirathi Saga, and a COMPLTE Infocom game from he 80's (with the freebies and everything) that go for high prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, seeing that the Digital Press Guide lists games for the Commodore 64/128, Vic 20, Texas Instruments TI 99/4A and Amiga, I would assume that PC Games would be included as well. They just aren't necessarily a classic and discussed as much just like PS2, XBox and Gamecube games aren't.

I don't think that just because they are easily copied that they should not be considered collectable. If that were the case we wouldn't be collecting 3DO, Sega CD, Turbo Duo, NEO-GEO, Saturn, Dreamcast and Playstation games on CD. All of those games are just as easily copyable, and to a certain extent easier (no SafeDisc, SecureRom ec. copy protection on those games, save some PSX and Dreamcast games). I've collected all the Myth games for the PC, including the 3rd party expansion packs such as Chimera and Myth Worlds. Also I am a huge fan of Heroes of Might & Magic and I own them all. It just takes time for a game to be out of print and in demand before its value starts to increase again from its Bargain Bin price of say $1.99+. I remember seeing Iron Blitz a year ago in the bargain bin at Electronics Boutique and now I wish I would have picked it up.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of them aren't easier AT ALL. Some of them are DVDs. Nearly all are at least mixed mode which is a total PIA to copy half the time...
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I wonder if the Mega Man X games for the PC command exhorbitant prices anymore. I remember X4 going for about 70 dollars at one point. Which I conveniently found for 7 bucks new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of them aren't easier AT ALL. Some of them are DVDs. Nearly all are at least mixed mode which is a total PIA to copy half the time...

I don't think any of the classic gaming systems I mentioned use DVDs. Of course today's consoles (Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube) are a different story altogether. As I stated, with the exception of Dreamcast which was media specific and later hacked, and the later PSX games which had modchip detection, classic console games on "cd" are easily copyable, yet their collection is very much sought after. Look at the price for a Panzer Dragoon Saga or Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn, or Sapphire, Steam-Hearts and Dracula X for the Turbo Duo, or Lucienne's Quest for the 3DO, or some of the rarer NEO-GEO CD games.....they all cost a pretty penny, yet are all easily copyable. Go on IRC and you will find ISOs-a-plenty to download. Mixed mode CDs are nothing compared to trying to backup a PC Game CD with errors posted on every sector for like 10 tracks. 12 hours later, you have a backup. Then you have to find a patch to fix the executable which checks for the orginal CD via SafeDisc or SecureRom.