Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye EQOA

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Goodbye EQOA

i am done with Everquest Online Adventures. I am sick of it taking my life over, it's time to dive back into the classics, I literally have STACKS of older games i bought,while in the middle of my eqoa addiction, that desperately need played. It will be hard to quit, (for the second time, btw, first time i threw disk away, then rebought when i couldn't take it any longer. >.< . It will be a long road, but I am quitting eqoa, i'll keep you posted on details.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sold my armor and split tunar up between guild. They are happy, they didnt believe me at first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HeHE,

I have said the same thing for over 3 years now. I get frustrated or bored and here I am still playing the PC version. You will get the urge again once you see the new expansion, or get bored with the "classics" that won't hold your interest anymore. I wish you all the luck in the world quitting I really do but its a HARD addiction to break.

Dig Dug
    Currently Playing:
    X-Box 360: Rock Band, Dark Sector, Orange Box, Mass Effect, Scene IT DVD (360) Bully (360 Version)

Can't wait for Bioshock 2 !!!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already have the urge, yet I seriously must resist it, I have nothing to go back to, I sold all my armor and stuff, i did that on purpose, so I couldnt go back, even if i wanted to.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So you couldn't go back. lol. The game is $20. You'll go back in about 2 months. That's what's happened to me with EVERY MMORPG I've played. I went back to ultima online 3 times after I quit, over the course of 6 years. Played Asherons call 3 times, and AC2 twice (I'll go back to AC2 one more time before Everquest 2 comes out I'm sure.)

You'll go back. They always come back.

WE ALL FLOAT DOWN HERE!!!!!!!!
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You know, I've really really tried hard to get addicted to a MMO. I've tried UO, AC, AC2, EQ, DaoC, and AO. None could hold my interest longer than two months. EQ had me for about 6 weeks before I just couldn't stand it. I do have an urge to get into one and really really work at it and succeed though. It's like the person taking a full courseload and a half when they start school, only to get lazy and just drop down to 2 classes near the end of the semester.

...would anyone reccommend a MMO for a guy like me?

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know what you're going through. I just dropped DAoC a few days ago, after having hit 50 and run around for the better part of an hour just to realize hey, this isn't nearly as much fun as I thought it would be. I said goodbye to my alliance, getting the answer "Can I have your characters?". (I hate my alliance.) Usually my quitting things forever only lasts for a few hours, but I've stayed off this by thinking, whenever I'm tempted, "What would I have more fun doing; Playing DAoC or doing anything else that's available to me at the moment?"

So far, in the battle of DAoC vrs. Everything Else, DAoC has lost. Stay strong, man.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, one problem with MMORPGS is that you HAVE to start playing them when they get STARTED. If you try starting up a year into it, you'll ALWAYS be playing catchup.

Also, I personally HATE allegiances. I HATE group FORCED group play. just for the record.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been about 3 hours since quitting and I am seriously wanting to play, I tried to get back into "regular" gaming by going to Hollywood video to rent something, but all the good games were out.

I think I may play some Genesis Gunstar Heroes, but I have to unplug PS2 then, meaning having to look eqoa in the cover...this is gonna be a big leap for me, but I am gonna take eqoa OUT of my PS2, and put it into it's case.

Again, I'll keep you updated on results.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geesh, there needs to be a recovering MMORPG addicts support group.

AdamG, you don't sound like a MMORPG kind of guy. There's no reason to play a game if you're not having fun.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need help......... I can't stop playing this game called xenimus. It is fun, but everytime I try to quit I have to feed my addiction by killing some people. And AdamG, if you really want a fun MMORPG then xenimus is the game for you. I warn you though, once you get started it's impossible to start. The website is www.xenimus.com.

PS
    I play the xenimus three server so tell me if you're gonna play and I'll hook you up.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

....forget I posted this topic, after playing Gunstar Heroes for awile, I became bored and ....started playing eqoa again. Screw it, I may as well just give in. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm glad I quit playing EQOA after only 2 weeks. I could tell I had a serious addiction brewing. What helped me quit was this stupid Level 7 Rogue quest (involved going to the Spitefull Shield in Freeport...anyone know what I'm talking about?). There must have been a glitch in the game because the person I was told to meet there wasn't there. I even asked some of the veteran players for help and they didn't know what was going on either. It totally pissed me off so I gave up and quit.

Was haveing a fun time with it though up untill then.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, he's there, people in FP tend to be hidden, you just hav to look hard.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually when I bought EQOA a lot of my friends thought they'd never see me again, becuase when i played phantasy star online for the dreamcast when it was brand new I would go to school come home and play the game like 5 to 7 hours till i went to sleep it was my first online gaming experience and i loved it. So when i bought EQOA I bought the network adapter and the game card and the game (when EQOA was 50 dollars and the network adapter was 40 and the card was 10 yea i got ripped off) But i played the two months then it said i needed to put a new game card number in and i didnt have any money to buy one and i just never got one...I quit EQOA....I might just be me but the force must be stong in me
    You suck at life so i win

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am glad I never started any MMORPGs.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, today i really quit. I am done this time, for real, I decided it is it, or me, and it lost this time.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

That's great that you're trying to quit and all, but really there's no point if that's the game that you really want to be playing. After playing the PC EQ for over 2 years, when I finally quit it was because I was so damn sick of the game, and everytime I got on I was just bored.

There were times when I was playing it and said I was quitting, but I came back a month or 2 later, and really there's nothing wrong with that. Where it becomes wrong is when it starts to take over other things, like social interaction, classes, work, all that kind of stuff. But if it's the only game you want to play with the free time you have to play games, what's the harm? Just don't let it take hold of you.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if this applies to the PS2 version, but;

Remember d00ds! Remember "sow plz"! Remember corpse runs! Remember hell levels! Remember lag! Remember bad groups! Remember good groups that break up after 3 pulls! Remember killstealers! Remember sitting around for hours waiting for a GM to come pull you out of the wall! Remember finally getting to a high enough level to get a great spell, then having to run across 2 continents to buy it! Remember not having enough money for all your spells! Remember sitting around auctioning long into the night just to get a piece of armor! For the love of Cthulhu, remember "sow plz"!

That help?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if this applies to the PS2 version, but;

Remember d00ds! Remember "sow plz"! Remember corpse runs! Remember hell levels! Remember lag! Remember bad groups! Remember good groups that break up after 3 pulls! Remember killstealers! Remember sitting around for hours waiting for a GM to come pull you out of the wall! Remember finally getting to a high enough level to get a great spell, then having to run across 2 continents to buy it! Remember not having enough money for all your spells! Remember sitting around auctioning long into the night just to get a piece of armor! For the love of Cthulhu, remember "sow plz"!
    *gasp* all of that is true well not the running across 2 continents because theres only one but that can sum it all up basically its not worth the 10 dollars a month for me.
    You suck at life so i win