Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Street Fighter IV thread

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    Seth is SO CHEAP. I have beaten him with four different characters, but not before I threw some hissy fits. There are things you can do to make it easier to beat him, but in the end there's still too much luck involved.

I mean, you can block his attack, and you'd think that would give you an opening, but sometimes he still can hit you first. You can time whatever move you want to hit him as soon as he teleports next to you, and maybe it will land or maybe he'll say, "Fuck that, here is my unblockable dragon punch combo." Last night I was fighting against him with Sakura, and I probably got him down to a sliver of health like 40 times before I beat him. He always finds a way to steal victory against the odds. Oh, and if he manages to block anything you do close range, there is a 100% chance you're about to eat a piledriver for like a sixth of your lifebar.
    I'm with you on Seth, but just give it time, and we'll get that sumbitch's patterns and weaknesses figured out.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the 360 version for about 3 hours today (first time playing SFIV)... I have serious issues with the difficulty curve. I play Ken and Zangeif, playing on medium I was getting trashed. For fun I threw it up to hardest and WTF!? I can go all the way to Seth with no continues! Are you serious? Nevermind trying to beat Seth on hardest... I tried about 20 times, only able to get him down to a sliver before he busts out the super cheese and doom throw juggle. He's a wall. I can't get to Seth on medium (I'm figuring I could actually take him on that diff) but it's a cakewalk to get to him on hardest and then he's impossible? I don't get it. Maybe I'm just messed up. I had a bunch of people watching me at the Game Crazy I was playing at. It felt like playing SF2 in the arcade all over again. Took me back a good 16 years or so. That much, at least, was awesome.

Focus attacks are neat. I'm trying to learn Abel and Fuerte.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 02-19-2009 at 03:22 PM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seth seems to be a bit inconsistant for me. I tore through him with Ken like he was nothing but with Guile (a stronger character for me), it took me 15 or so times with me getting so frustrated I wanted to throw my stick through the wall. I'm not much of an SF player so maybe it adjusts the difficulty down a bit to make it easier for folks that aren't any good.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since SFIV has me on a fighting game kick, does DP have a fighting game list anywhere (like the RPG lists Daria has up)?
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seth is a cheap fucking asshole. He is a terrible terrible boss.

I was playing through on easy. Yes.. easy. I blew through every character until I hit him. If I fought him once, I easily fought him 25 times. Eventually I won. Not because my skills improved, just because the computer make him less of a dick then the other times. I think the computer just decides at a certain point that Seth is going to win and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Also, why does this game not have a quicker continue method? Every time I continue you have to sit there while you die in slowmo, then hit start to continue and your character does a little animation. Then pick your character (I always continue with the same one). Then the announcer announces the location (same location as last time) and then says something about my name going on a tablet or something.

WTF?!? Why can't I press A+start (or any button combination) to immediately continue with the same character?

Not only is Seth cheap, he's pretty lame. A blue ice dude with a spinning ying-yang symbol for a stomach? Really? that's the best you can do? and that stupid attack when he sucks you into his stomach? that is so aggravating! not only does it take way to long, but it's also just foolish. In fact I don't really care for how long it takes for a lot of the special attacks to occur. Cut down the animation! I know you want to make a pretty game but Jesus speed it up a little.

edit: also, one time I was in the park. I saw two men sitting on a bench. They moved closer, one put his arm around the other, then leaned together and shared a kiss. That was the gayest thing I'd ever experienced, at least until I heard the SF IV intro theme.
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 02-19-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrider31 View Post
    Since SFIV has me on a fighting game kick, does DP have a fighting game list anywhere (like the RPG lists Daria has up)?
    I've seen one over on shoryuken.com; it's pretty long though. Any particular system?

Edit: Seth on Easiest, set to 1 round, 30 seconds, is a lot easier. It comes down to hitting him more than he hits you, because all his big damage attacks seem to take a little bit to come out-thus screwing him over for any last second damage attempts.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

I didnt think Seth was cheap or a hard to beat boss. I played last night and ran through the list including Seth without having to continue. I just used the Shoryuken (is that what its called?) uppercut and the Ultra combo.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnysdad View Post
    I didnt think Seth was cheap or a hard to beat boss. I played last night and ran through the list including Seth without having to continue. I just used the Shoryuken (is that what its called?) uppercut and the Ultra combo.
    On what difficulty, and can you do it with anyone else?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    I'm sure they did not mention it because EX did not sell gangbusters, and they want to keep comparisons out of the way, but believe me, it's the EX engine. I'm not even sure if they own the rights to all those characters that ARIKA did for them, so who knows....

Anyone who has played ST and 3s extensively can not say this game is anything close to those two games.....not even close...
    Sure, and the home versions of EX were on consoles that couldn't compete with the power of the ZN board which was a Playstation with tons more memory. Even assuming SFIV uses the EX engine or was inspired by it, I think it's a tremendous improvement over it and everyone I know who loves Street Fighter thinks IV is a brilliant game.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 02-19-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I've seen one over on shoryuken.com; it's pretty long though. Any particular system?

Edit: Seth on Easiest, set to 1 round, 30 seconds, is a lot easier. It comes down to hitting him more than he hits you, because all his big damage attacks seem to take a little bit to come out-thus screwing him over for any last second damage attempts.
    PS2 - Current Gen mostly (although a more extensive list would be welcome). I checked Shoryuken but it doesn't appear to be searchable.

There's a list on Wikipedia but I'm not sure how extensive it is.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ View Post
    On what difficulty, and can you do it with anyone else?

Did it on medium so that I could get the Save Your Quarters and Arcade Rat achievements. Havent tried with anyone else yet because I have just been playing the challenge modes right now.

Im not trying to say im great or even good but I just wondered why people were saying Seth was hard and cheap on easy difficulty.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's all about luck for me with beating Seth. Sometimes I can cheese him with throws, one after the other. It is so satsifying beating him with a ultra move ex: Cammy and Sakura to win a match. I'm looking forward to the DLC in the coming weeks.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Did anyone here get the Collector's Edition? How's the bonus stuff? I snagged one for $68 at Deepdiscountdvd's website. Just waiting for it to arrive...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    Did anyone here get the Collector's Edition? How's the bonus stuff? I snagged one for $68 at Deepdiscountdvd's website. Just waiting for it to arrive...
    I got the 360 CE version. I haven't watched the movie, I imagine it's crap. I got the 5 extra outfits, but they're all for male characters, so I really couldn't care less. It came with a soundtrack CD - did this come with the regular version? I dig the game music so I think that's kind of neat. I'll rip it to my zune.

For me, the little C. Viper figure made it worth the price of admission. I get a kick out of stuff like that.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    That was the gayest thing I'd ever experienced, at least until I heard the SF IV intro theme.

I agree, plus it just loops over and over again. I also never liked the announcers.
    I turned down the music since I don't like most of it on this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    I was going to order one of those but then I read on CAG how DD oversold the preorders and everyone is on backorder now.

Did yours ship out yet? If so, when did you order?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know how long it's taken, but I've unlocked Akuma. Next up is Gouken

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    - Really wish they made larger online lobbies. One-on-one gets old after a while and it takes a while to set up for another player. I also wish there was some sort of quick option to join someone on your friend's list who has the REQ mode on, as system menu Join Session doesn't really help.
    There's a new lobby system coming with the free 'Championship' update. I have no idea when it hits, but there you go.

- What the hell happened to Fei Long?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Other than his ankle kick thing, he's still pretty much Fei Long.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    I was going to order one of those but then I read on CAG how DD oversold the preorders and everyone is on backorder now.

Did yours ship out yet? If so, when did you order?
    Ah, I just read one of the big DD threads at CAG...looks like I was one of unlucky ones. I promptly cancelled my order. It's a shame, cause I was locked in at Amazon for one.

Looks like I'm gonna have to find a CE locally. The hunt is on!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Give Best Buy a look. My store still had three of these yesterday for 360.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.