Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Street Fighter IV thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    Did anyone here get the Collector's Edition? How's the bonus stuff? I snagged one for $68 at Deepdiscountdvd's website. Just waiting for it to arrive...
    I got the PS3 collectors edition, and its awesome. Came with a neat little Ryu figurine, anime (which I haven't watched), and the super cheesed out soundtrack. It also came with a prima mini guide for the new characters only. Plus the new costumess.

Honestly, I have just spent all my free time playing SF4 in arcade/online modes. I really love it. I know I will watch the anime movie sometime. Most likely when my fever pitch for the title dies down to a roar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got home, installed it on my PS3 and finished Medium with Ryu.

First time playing SF IV and I must say I LOVE it...but having said that I can only agree with everyone else who have vented their frustration with Seth. SUCH a cheap shot boss, he can literally render you useless for a few seconds when he pulls you in and halves your energy with his insane moves.

Still, going to be fun trying this out online now.

Add me if you want to play and like me are not on a super duper professional level (yet):

SloaneRangerSW1
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems like the bastards finally (too late?) released Super SF II Turbo HD Remix in Europe. Just downloading it off the PSN Store now.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody get the guide and is it worth the $20? I don't normally buy strategy guides, but the Anniversary Collection one was great and I think I'd get more use out it than buying the CE that comes with a bunch of stuff I'll never touch anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Anybody get the guide and is it worth the $20? I don't normally buy strategy guides, but the Anniversary Collection one was great and I think I'd get more use out it than buying the CE that comes with a bunch of stuff I'll never touch anyway.
    The SF Anniversary guide came with the SFIII: 3rd Strike soundtrack CD. Nothing that cool this time.

I bought the SFIV guide. It's worth the $20 IMO. I usually don't pick up guides right away, but when it comes to fighting games...I'm lost without a proper explanation of the moves. The last guide I bought immediately with the game was for PS2 SF Alpha Anthology.

The SFIV guide is similar to most fighting game guides, in that it lists each move with corresponding pictures. I would think most of this information is available (or will be soon) on GameFAQs if you want to save $20.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    The SFIV guide is similar to most fighting game guides, in that it lists each move with corresponding pictures. I would think most of this information is available (or will be soon) on GameFAQs if you want to save $20.
    Or just pause and look at the move list, but there are no pictures. I can't figure out how to do Akuma's ultra combo to save my life.

By the way, I found this image online - this isn't real is it? It's something fake right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Have a look at this first:

http://gootecks.com/the-3rd-strike-p...4-by-gootecks/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anyone cares about the Euro CE, here's mine:

Not pictured is The Ties that Bind on Blu-Ray. It just comes loose in a clear wallet, which I was rather unimpressed with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Akuma's ultra is jab-jab-back on the stick/pad-short kick-fierce punch. It has to be input kinda fast; I usually screw it up, despite having no problem doing the normal super in the game (or any other).
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So who's the cheapest character to play online against?

I vote Zangief.

Also, the european CE - you get both figures? very cool! How did north american get the shaft on that? why do we only get one?

finally, how do you unlock Gouken? I unlocked Akuma, beat Arcade with him, then beat arcade mode again with Ryu and got at least 5 perfects and ultras, gouken didn't appear.

Here is me trying to play online:

Unable to join because the game is already full Search again? YES

Unable to join game. Search again? YES

Last edited by c0ldb33r; 02-20-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    So who's the cheapest character to play online against?

I vote Zangief.

Also, the european CE - you get both figures? very cool! How did north american get the shaft on that? why do we only get one?

finally, how do you unlock Gouken? I unlocked Akuma, beat Arcade with him, then beat arcade mode again with Ryu and got at least 5 perfects and ultras, gouken didn't appear.

Here is me trying to play online:

Thats how my online experience was last night. Took me almost half an hour to finally join a match. Also the tiny text in the game is giving me a headache.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Protip: create matches yourself. Always works!

I thought I was decent at this game but after 20+ straight losses playing as Cammy I think I need to get better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I entered an unofficial tournament at Gamecrazy today. I finished 3rd. Kinda lame because I didn't win anything, but everyone was so surprised to see me dominate with Cammy. Almost everyone was Ken.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    Give Best Buy a look. My store still had three of these yesterday for 360.
    And that I did tonight! They had 2 CE's left and 1 360 control pad left (Chun Li, which was the one I wanted!). So, snagged one of the CE's and the Chun Li controller.

Gotta say, the controller surprised me! There is a bit of stiffness when trying to do dragon punch motions...but I can get them out alright. Though I gotta say, I wish the d-pad wasn't so plastic-y. I wish it had the same rubber texture that the underside of the controller has.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overbite View Post
    Protip: create matches yourself. Always works!

I thought I was decent at this game but after 20+ straight losses playing as Cammy I think I need to get better
    For me it was 30+ straight losses >.< Granted I had a few close matches, that I should've won, but didn't get that last hit or two in. I need to be able to pull off her jumping dive kick and hooligan combo, if I attend to main her. I will say her EX Backfist and EX Cannon Kick are lovely.

I found using Sakura to be fun, and I got my first victory with her. My overall online experience has been positive. I should try using custom matches, to speed up the process and ease my fustration in finding a match. I did find some cool people who let me fight them in several matches, even though I was on a mad losing streak. While there are those cheap sobs, like one guy who kept spamming Ken's shoryuken. Also why are there so many shotos/Ryus/Kens? lol

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

This is a plea to fellow PS3 owners: please please please install the game to your hard drive. It's a little more than 2 gigs, takes five minutes, and it completely obliterates the load times. Online seems to work much better too, which is, you know, good.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

w3rd on installing it. I did mine a few days ago and it's a huge difference.

I also figured seth's cheap ass out and was able to beat him with sagat with a 1 round perfect.

I been doing good online, over 50 won battles so far . My battle points are up to about 1400 right now. Long way to go but at least im in the 9000's for rank :P . I challenge all comers , I will tiger knee you badly especially if you are ryu or ken .

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade_Ness View Post
    Also why are there so many shotos/Ryus/Kens? lol
    It seems to me when ever it gets about 6 eastern or so everone that challenges me while im playing arcade mode picks ryu or ken.

about 90% of the time they also try and start the match jumping toward me. Thats when I just keep high kicking them with sagat every time they jump in. If you jump for them they will almost always do a uppercut.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Punk View Post
    It seems to me when ever it gets about 6 eastern or so everone that challenges me while im playing arcade mode picks ryu or ken.
    We call the ken/ryu/Akuma/Sakura spammers "Shoto Protos".

about 90% of the time they also try and start the match jumping toward me. Thats when I just keep high kicking them with sagat every time they jump in. If you jump for them they will almost always do a uppercut.
    They'll learn. Or, alternately, They'll rage-quit and send you hate mail. Either way, you win!

I love it when a new, big-time fighting game hits. More people playing online, and eventually more long-term fans of the genre. Thanks Capcom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another plea for installing the game to HDD, but this is a plea to 360 owners. Please install it to the HDD, it speeds up level loads. Unlike the PS3, the network works great either way, I just hate waiting an extra few seconds because my opponent has to load his levels from the disc.