Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Street Fighter IV thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa whoa whoa hold the phone. I may have misjudged the SF4 anime in its entirety. Destructoid has a post called Weekend Destructainment: Thunder Grope! that makes the anime look fantastic. It's Crimson Viper and Cammy fighting. Crimson Viper punches Cammy right in the baby maker than gropes her tits. The whole while Ryu is watching, probably holding a math book in front of pants.

edit: 0:55 of this video will be my new wallpaper
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 03-02-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa hold the phone. I may have misjudged the SF4 anime in its entirety. Destructoid has a post called Weekend Destructainment: Thunder Grope! that makes the anime look fantastic. It's Crimson Viper and Cammy fighting. Crimson Viper punches Cammy right in the baby maker than gropes her tits. The whole while Ryu is watching, probably holding a math book in front of pants.
    That anime movie was pretty sweet. I liked it. They really made Cammy look weak as hell though. Pretty lame.

Any of you guys see the live action movie? >_>

I saw it. It wasn't that great. But Chris Klein has always been one of my favorite actors because of how bad and ridiculous his acting is, it makes it entertaining to watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrider31 View Post
    The "let alone" part that you left out indicates that I clearly think Smash Brothers is at the bottom tier of the fighting game pile. Nice try though.
    even in original context it didnt really seem that way

but still

ohhhh man
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by gatti View Post
    But round two is another story. He's just a bit much. That same day I was still getting use to the new moves and so forth, so maybe I might have better chances now :P
    He's not bad at all. Play defensive. Sit and block. When he throws the low Dhalsim punch, jump in, combo, back out. He only does two moves at a distance; that punch or the sonic boom.

Once his Revenge meter is full, don't do ANYTHING but block. Wait until he comes to you with that mid-kick that turns into Chun-Lis, block, footsweep. As soon as you take to the air with his meter charged he launches the ultra.

Don't use your specials unless they're in a combo. Play very simply, basic fierce shots and light combos you're sure you can hit. I think people overthink Seth. There's no question he's still cheap, and there's nothing you can do if you fall (he'll warp and grab), but this makes him a hell of a lot easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am loving this game! I signed up for live again just to play this online, which is nice, but is everybody having trouble getting into games? I'm always getting unable to play (etc.), and then it has to re-search, but comes back with the same results that I can't connect to...while that songs loops over and over in the background.

What do you guys think of the new characters? I really want to like El Fuerte, but I think he sucks, and I haven't seen anybody play him very well at all. I like Abel, but I feel like he needs another move, or beef up his throwing just a tad. I find it hard to mix it up while playing him. Don't care for Rufus, but C.Viper seems really cool. I need to learn her next. Gouken is badass, has some really sweet juggling combos. Nobody is ever playing him online, but I'm always seeing Akumas. I think they should nerf his ultra raging demon a bit, it's way too easy to do.

Anybody unlock seth yet? I have a weird feeling he is gonna suck, even though he is so crazy as the cpu. Does he play like 1st round seth through the whole match?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoisKeel View Post
    Anybody unlock seth yet? I have a weird feeling he is gonna suck, even though he is so crazy as the cpu.
    Seth is okay. I've only played him a few times. I find it weird with him that his Sonic Boom is done with a fireball motion instead of a charging motion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I am loving this game! I signed up for live again just to play this online, which is nice, but is everybody having trouble getting into games? I'm always getting unable to play (etc.), and then it has to re-search, but comes back with the same results that I can't connect to...while that songs loops over and over in the background.

What do you guys think of the new characters? I really want to like El Fuerte, but I think he sucks, and I haven't seen anybody play him very well at all. I like Abel, but I feel like he needs another move, or beef up his throwing just a tad. I find it hard to mix it up while playing him. Don't care for Rufus, but C.Viper seems really cool. I need to learn her next. Gouken is badass, has some really sweet juggling combos. Nobody is ever playing him online, but I'm always seeing Akumas. I think they should nerf his ultra raging demon a bit, it's way too easy to do.

Anybody unlock seth yet? I have a weird feeling he is gonna suck, even though he is so crazy as the cpu. Does he play like 1st round seth through the whole match?
    Yeah, getting matches is kind of a hassle, but just keep getting at it. I usually do quick match, and immediately press up then A. For some reason that last person usually works.

As for the new characters...eh. I think out of the 4, Rufus is the most competitive. He has some excellent moves, but I'm not a big fan of his character design. Abel ain't bad either, but I have yet to face a good one. Crimson Viper is a badass, but she is pretty complicated. She seems like she was taken right out of an SNK game. She's weaker and takes more damage, but I definitely think she has potential. Also, I plan on figuring out how to use El Fuerte correctly eventually. I really think he has a lot of potential since his running can possibly get confusing for other people.

As for the Raging Demon being nerfed, I'll have to politely disagree with it being too strong. One thing about it is that you can see it coming from a mile away; once you see that jab coming, you know it's going to happen (at least when facing a player) It doesn't go through fireballs, you have a LOT of time to jump over it (unless you are recovering from a move, in which you probably deserve it o_O ), and you can hit him with a special move if you time it right (Flash kick, Cannon Spike, etc). I love facing Akumas because they take so much damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

What I do is just create my own match. It takes less than 10 seconds for someone to join.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

I got the game at NAVA on Saturday (I actually had money) and I managed to buy it. The game changes my life in several different directions.

I'm trying to unlock all the characters right now and until then I'll see everyone online and we can battle it out on my Microsoft Xbox Three Hundred and Sixty Computer Entertainment System.

FIGHT!

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

Ive never really been into fighting games that much being that im not very good but im having so much fun with SFIV. I've been doing decent as well with like winning 53% of my matches. If anyone on here wants to play against me just send me a message on xbox live.

So who do yall like fighting as? I usually roll with Cammy, Rose, and Sakura.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I just finished Cammy's 5th Hard Trial today God, it was so much easier than her 2nd Trial. That one was just brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimind7 View Post
    Ive never really been into fighting games that much being that im not very good but im having so much fun with SFIV. I've been doing decent as well with like winning 53% of my matches. If anyone on here wants to play against me just send me a message on xbox live.

So who do yall like fighting as? I usually roll with Cammy, Rose, and Sakura.
    Cammy since her debut

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone have any experience with fighting sticks vs the ps3 controller? are moves easier to pull off? i only have the ps3 controller and have trouble with getting my dudes to do what i ask them to. makes the challenges hard as ___.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cammy, Rose, and Sakura here too. I'd like to pick up learning Chun Li at some point.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anyone wants to play me ( I need to practice up for Round 3 of the GameStop tournament on March 14) send me a message to Dream Theater for XBOX Live and a Friend Request!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Anyone know of when MadCatz is putting more pads in stores? They're hitting ridiculous prices on eBay, especially for a corded controller (on the 360 at least).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
    Anyone know of when MadCatz is putting more pads in stores? They're hitting ridiculous prices on eBay, especially for a corded controller (on the 360 at least).
    I've heard that stores will be receiving shipments late March/early July. Vague, I know, but I've heard that from Gamestops all around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    I've heard that stores will be receiving shipments late March/early July. Vague, I know, but I've heard that from Gamestops all around.
    Wow did Madcatz botch this one then. Really could use one, but I'm not paying the $80+ they're going for on eBay, and the $100+ on Amazon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for the Raging Demon being nerfed, I'll have to politely disagree with it being too strong. One thing about it is that you can see it coming from a mile away; once you see that jab coming, you know it's going to happen (at least when facing a player) It doesn't go through fireballs, you have a LOT of time to jump over it (unless you are recovering from a move, in which you probably deserve it o_O ), and you can hit him with a special move if you time it right (Flash kick, Cannon Spike, etc). I love facing Akumas because they take so much damage.
    See I think that jab is one of the things that makes it so brutal. It is so easy to combo with the quickest hits in the game. If you are seeing Raging Demon from a mile away, they are either doing it from too far away or it is taking them more than 1 try, or you are really that good. Do a crouching medium kick into raging demon or a cross up jump kick into jab/raging demon, and that thing is just brutal. Sure, other characters can ultra combo similar this, but the timing is much, much more intense. I'm OK with the super, but the ultra takes almost 1/2 life on some characters. Too easy to do for the amount of damage IMO, and there's little recover time when you miss. (Haven't tried yet, can you focus attack into raging demon? I bet you can.)

I also think Blanka and Zangief are too strong, but Zangief is one of my favorites, so I won't complain. I think EX hundred slap should be nerfed a bit as well. Balrog seems very good in this game as well, but I don't know him well enough to make any accusations.

I played around some more with El Fuerte, and... He gets little priority on anything other than his throws. His heavy crouch kick is entirely too slow. I think he's a fun character, and most people kick me from game when I win as him It's almost like it is more of an insult to win as El Fuerte than Dan. I can't get the timing right on that charge kick move yet...and I usually miss on the dash/fierce suplex thing...I won't give up on him yet, but I don't think he's a serious contender.

-

One other thing, has ANYBODY gotten a double KO on live? I have not, and I think a few should have. Also, I got one on arcade mode Seth, and instead of going to round 4 traditionally, and I HAD TO CONTINUE. I thought that was seriously lame. You don't have electrical powers? Lame!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

See I think that jab is one of the things that makes it so brutal. It is so easy to combo with the quickest hits in the game. If you are seeing Raging Demon from a mile away, they are either doing it from too far away or it is taking them more than 1 try, or you are really that good. Do a crouching medium kick into raging demon or a cross up jump kick into jab/raging demon, and that thing is just brutal. Sure, other characters can ultra combo similar this, but the timing is much, much more intense. I'm OK with the super, but the ultra takes almost 1/2 life on some characters. Too easy to do for the amount of damage IMO, and there's little recover time when you miss. (Haven't tried yet, can you focus attack into raging demon? I bet you can.)

I also think Blanka and Zangief are too strong, but Zangief is one of my favorites, so I won't complain. I think EX hundred slap should be nerfed a bit as well. Balrog seems very good in this game as well, but I don't know him well enough to make any accusations.

I played around some more with El Fuerte, and... He gets little priority on anything other than his throws. His heavy crouch kick is entirely too slow. I think he's a fun character, and most people kick me from game when I win as him It's almost like it is more of an insult to win as El Fuerte than Dan. I can't get the timing right on that charge kick move yet...and I usually miss on the dash/fierce suplex thing...I won't give up on him yet, but I don't think he's a serious contender.

-

One other thing, has ANYBODY gotten a double KO on live? I have not, and I think a few should have. Also, I got one on arcade mode Seth, and instead of going to round 4 traditionally, and I HAD TO CONTINUE. I thought that was seriously lame. You don't have electrical powers? Lame!
    Yeah, those are some good points about Akuma. I dunno, maybe it's just a matchup problem with who you use? I use Cammy, and I make sure to never fight Akuma at a distance. I make him stay on his toes. Usually Akumas like to throw air fireballs , then when you get close they try to trip you or Shoryuken you. I try to mix it up by fighting real close to him, backing off occasionally. Yes, you can focus attack into a Raging Demon, i believe that's one of the challenges. It requires an EX cancel though, so not a lot of Akuma players will use it unless they are cream of the crop.

El Fuerte is super fun to use. I was playing some Player Matches earlier to see if I can get better with him, but I didn't do as well as I'd like. I tried to confuse the opponent by running all over the place but it didn't work out as well. However, this was before I did his normal challenges. I'm a bit more used to his moves now, so I think I will give it another go tonight. I honestly think he can become a viable character.

Double KO? Can't say I've gotten that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GnawRadar

Yeah, those are some good points about Akuma. I dunno, maybe it's just a matchup problem with who you use? I use Cammy, and I make sure to never fight Akuma at a distance. I make him stay on his toes. Usually Akumas like to throw air fireballs , then when you get close they try to trip you or Shoryuken you. I try to mix it up by fighting real close to him, backing off occasionally. Yes, you can focus attack into a Raging Demon, i believe that's one of the challenges. It requires an EX cancel though, so not a lot of Akuma players will use it unless they are cream of the crop.
    I just want to clarify, that you don't need to focus cancel after a focus attack into the raging demon. As long as you are quick enough you can successfully pull that off, plus there isn't anything to focus cancel. You can't focus cancel a focus attack, but you do need to start to dash before the attack finishes.