Thread: Kinda gets me pissed (Wii, 360)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Ghsqb

The Wii definitely has some good games out for it.
    There is an insane amount of shovelware, but the good games are there also.

I have all 3 current gen systems and my favorite of the bunch is the 360.

If you take the best games on the 60 and line them up against the best for the other systems...IMHO the 360 is the winner.

To the OP, if you want a great game with a great story on your 360, try Mass Effect next.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    I don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but

Battalion Wars 2
    Bully: Scholarship Edition
    Call of Duty: World at War
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

are "mature," polished, in-depth Wii games.
    The only titles there remotely close in quality to Fallout 3, Fable 2, GoW2, Halo 3, Bioshock etc. are Zelda and MP3. Resident Evil 4 has been released approximately 1,000 times already, so it's kind of a toss up there...although the 360/PS3 have RE5 so it's kind of moot anyway. I would have put HotD Overkill and Mad World on that list before Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (seriously, what the hell).

Bottom line is that jack shit worth of good titles have been coming out for the Wii. There's been a few trickling out, but not many recently. There's even less that fans of "R" rated material would dig. This fall was owned by the 360. I've bought nothing for my Wii since Mario Kart, and I don't really feel like I've missed out on any great gaming experiences at all.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post
    Bottom line is that jack shit worth of good titles have been coming out for the Wii. There's been a few trickling out, but not many recently. There's even less that fans of "R" rated material would dig.
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127866

Statement...this thread below wants to have a chat, prove you wrong, beat the crap out of you, and bury your broken carcass in the cemetery of FAIL!
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Imagine how many systems/games Microsoft could have sold if the consoles weren't land mines?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Imagine how many systems/games Microsoft could have sold if the consoles weren't land mines?
    Even tho I love my new 360, I am surprised that MS has gotten this popular in games. They really have turned their games and system around. Regardless of the RRoD

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by demen999 View Post
    Even tho I love my new 360, I am surprised that MS has gotten this popular in games. They really have turned their games and system around. Regardless of the RRoD
    Well, they brought together console and PC gaming into one system, more or less, with the XBox and 360. In addition, Microsoft, unlike Nintendo, has followed Sony's example from previous Gen's and paid a lot of money to developers to get "3rd party" developers to make exclusive games. Xbox Live is something that has existed for a while in PC gaming. Lobby, voicechat, large multiplayer servers, the works. In fact, Microsoft was one of the early providers of said services with the old MSN Gaming site. All the LucasArt games were on it, for instance. They made the Xbox and 360 much easier to port with PC versions, which drew in the PC developers. Also, while they are restricted in a sense, the fact that the 360 is still DVD is a big plus for developers. If the fools had just bit the bullet and redesigned the 360 to prevent the RROD with the GPU, they might have headed off a lot of Nintendo's steam. It amazes me that they still haven't done a redesign. I may never buy the system simply for that fact. Can't be trusted.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Your missing out of you dont even get it. Really cool games, complement the Wii very well. On the Wii side Nintendo makes a great system and I have rarely ever had a problem with their systems. My son put quarters in the wii game slot, I had to open it to get them and and it is still running fine.
    MS 3rd party power is insane right now, hope nintendo can somehow get to that level.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127866

Statement...this thread below wants to have a chat, prove you wrong, beat the crap out of you, and bury your broken carcass in the cemetery of FAIL!
    Oh, like the Conduit maybe? Or Madworld? Which doesn't even run in 480p? Or maybe that awesome Dead Rising port?

There's been nothing on the Wii for like a year. There's been some decent games, but no AAA titles since Mario Kart Wii. I don't see anything in the foreseeable future to change that. As far as I can tell, the best game to come out in the last six months was World of Goo, and that was a Wii Ware game. It's been fucking barren, whereas the PS3 and 360 have been getting a ton of awesome exclusives.

Or maybe those awesome Gamecube ports with new added motion controls. Alright! Something to finally play...[/sarcasm]

I'm just stating the facts. I don't have anything to play on my Wii. I'd like something. Impress me, Nintendo.

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    It amazes me that they still haven't done a redesign. I may never buy the system simply for that fact. Can't be trusted.
    there have been three major hardware revisions: zephyr, falcon, and jasper (not counting opus) following the original xenon. the next revision, valhalla, will probably be here next year. all designed to reduce costs and the rrod. apparently the jaspers are much more robust. i wouldn't know though; my xenon is still happily churning away.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

The only titles there remotely close in quality to Fallout 3, Fable 2, GoW2, Halo 3, Bioshock etc. are Zelda and MP3. Resident Evil 4 has been released approximately 1,000 times already, so it's kind of a toss up there...although the 360/PS3 have RE5 so it's kind of moot anyway. I would have put HotD Overkill and Mad World on that list before Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (seriously, what the hell).

Bottom line is that jack shit worth of good titles have been coming out for the Wii. There's been a few trickling out, but not many recently. There's even less that fans of "R" rated material would dig. This fall was owned by the 360. I've bought nothing for my Wii since Mario Kart, and I don't really feel like I've missed out on any great gaming experiences at all.
    Actually Okami is as good as any of those games, though port, and arguably an inferior one, it can compare...

Otherwise I agree. First party Wii games rock...everything else seems half-hearted.

Does anyone believe the COnduit will be at all comparable to Gears of War or Resistance, or Killzone 2, or even the dated looking Halo 3? Do you think waving a Wii controller around is going to be a superior control scheme? Is the Conduit all hype simply because of a desperate marketing effort to make the Wii appeal to someone more than 10 years old?

It'll probably be OK. Metroid Prime 3 was a great game but I the controls made it onferioe to either 1 or 2. Of course it was probably originally designed for the Gamecube...

The best games are often made at the end of a consoles lifecycle. 2009 heralds the end of the Wii's lifecycle (IMO). There is nothing left in the hardware (I suspect), and Wii motion will take awhile to become taken advantage of properly...so let's look forward to 2009 as the Wii's hurrah and let the shovelware stay buried...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

I hope for Wiis sake that they start churning out the wack and in with the good. Okami is a awesome game (I need to finish it), and is fantasitc. I dont know they diff between the ps2 one and this one, but it's a ok with me! I still have to play Metroid 3.
    Waggle power can only go so far when the games are as shallow as Paris Hilton.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, like the Conduit maybe? Or Madworld? Which doesn't even run in 480p? Or maybe that awesome Dead Rising port?

There's been nothing on the Wii for like a year. There's been some decent games, but no AAA titles since Mario Kart Wii.
    Don't forget Wario Land Shake It, Tales of Symphonia, Super Mario Sluggers, HotD Overkill, No More Heroes, Ultimate Shooting Collection, Castle of Shikigami III, One Piece and tons of "jacksh!t" stuff.

I don't see anything in the foreseeable future to change that.
    Punch-out
    No More Heroes 2
    Sonic and the Black Knight
    Fragile
    Fatal Frame 4
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
    Final Fantasy IV: The After
    Dragon Quest X
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    Sin and Punishment 2
    Klonoa
    Dead Space
    and finally....
    new Mario and Zelda games.

As far as I can tell, the best game to come out in the last six months was World of Goo, and that was a Wii Ware game. It's been fucking barren, whereas the PS3 and 360 have been getting a ton of awesome exclusives.
    Exclusives?! When it comes to software, 360 and PS3 have been like Siamese twins. What ever one gets, it'll be ported to the other. The only good exclusives (mostly) found on either are RPGs and their respected FPS (i.e. Resistance for PS3, Halo and Gears of War for 360). The Wii excels in this category for counsels especially when you cut all the crap off. Ironically, its the portable market (DS and PSP) which hold the most exclusives this generation. At least half the games for each library dwarfs the others to shame.

Or maybe those awesome Gamecube ports with new added motion controls. Alright! Something to finally play...[/sarcasm]
    Oh I can't wait for [insert upcoming FPS title here] to come out, so I can start pumping lead into [insert zombie/alien/monster army name here] for like the gazillionth time! [/sarcasm]

I'm just stating the facts. I don't have anything to play on my Wii. I'd like something. Impress me, Nintendo.
    No, you're doing the opposite, taking YOUR opinion and forcing it down OUR thoughts. The reason I linked the thread in my previous post was to disprove the myth about all non-1st party games are sh!tty. There are dozens of good titles ready to picked and many more coming soon. And you're right, you don't have to play the Wii, there are plenty of consoles out there to enjoy with just as many games. There's always a choice.

Can't find anything good for the Wii? Ok, all gamers have different tastes when it comes to games. Just cause you're not content with it, the same shouldn't be imply for the rest of us. Hypothetically, if someone stated the 360 was full of mediocre FPS, would you agree to such a claim?

Having more fun with the 360 or PS3? Ok, no one's twisting your arm and forcing a Wiimote in hand. By chance, you do happen a game you like? By all means and share with the rest of us, isn't that the point of gaming?
    Last edited by Press_Start; 03-02-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both have many solid games but I understand your "beef" with the Wii. I tend to play my 360/PS3 more often because I enjoy the games more. Don't get me wrong I love some Wii games (Zelda, SSB, and others) but at times many of the games feel like mini game mash ups. Partly I think because the Wii excels in matching their controls to particular types of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Madworld? Which doesn't even run in 480p?
    Yeah, because a game has to run at 480p or higher or else it's automatically garbage.

Regarding AAA Wii games that came out after Mario Kart, there was de Blob, Call of Duty: World at War, Guitar Hero: World Tour (the highest-selling version, by the way), Rock Band 2, and World of Goo.

I know, I know...for one reason or another, those won't count.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I traded in my Wii for a 360 and do not regret it. That being said, I put the most time into Mario Galaxy and SSBB. I also enjoyed downloading River City Ransom, Super Metroid, Super C, and others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

I was actually somewhat upset at Madworld running in 480i, just because of how awesome the visuals are. Then again the guy from IGN (Matt) said you couldn't tell that it wasn't running on progressive, which I find it somewhat hard to believe due to the contrast of the BW and sharpness of the lines.
    Galaxy was and is awesome, very well made. One of the few games that really shine on the Wii.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    blah.
    I don't see one AAA title listed there.

Nintendo got me into gaming. I have nothing against them. Yes, I happen to like FPS games; no, they are not my favorite genre. I'm not forcing my opinion down anyone's throat. You chose to respond. People don't care what I have to say, otherwise the Wii would sell like shit. That being said, people have voted with their wallets and, despite the Wii having the cheapest games and largest install base, it has the lowest attach rate.

How you can equate "AAA" titles with stuff like Final Fantasy spin-offs is, honestly, a joke. We all know what AAA means, and when the best selling system has very few AAA titles -- particularly 3rd party ones -- I take issue with that. Doesn't mean there's nothing worth playing. I never said that. I said that a few good games have been trickling out, and they have.

If I see a new Zelda game at E3 or whenever, that would be awesome. That would be exciting. Better 3rd party support would be exciting too. Games don't have to have uber production values to be good. Clean visuals, within the limitations of the Wii, and unique gameplay are just as good. There's some stuff in 2009 that looks good. But where are the big guns?

@Rob: I know you defend the Wii to the death, but calling CoD a AAA game on any platform is just a lie. Rock Band 2 and GH: WT are superior on other platforms for a myriad of reasons, namely the availability of DLC. I already mentioned World of Goo. I also never said Madworld was garbage because it ran in 480i, just inferred that it was unacceptable, especially for a visual heavy game.
    Last edited by unwinddesign; 03-04-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see one AAA title listed there.
    Tell me do you see the world through the eyes of a 10-year-old ADD child

I'm not forcing my opinion down anyone's throat.

Bottom line is that jack shit worth of good titles have been coming out for the Wii. There's been a few trickling out, but not many recently.

How you can equate "AAA" titles with stuff like Final Fantasy spin-offs is, honestly, a joke.

@Rob: I know you defend the Wii to the death, but calling CoD a AAA game on any platform is just a lie.
    I rest my case.

You chose to respond.
    To a crappy and false statement based on unsounded argument easily disproved by simply pulling your head out of the bargain bin and actually playing the games.

People don't care what I have to say, otherwise the Wii would sell like shit.
    Yet you keep coming back.

That being said, people have voted with their wallets and, despite the Wii having the cheapest games and largest install base, it has the lowest attach rate.
    Says who? State your sources? Or forever put your foot in your mouth.

How you can equate "AAA" titles with stuff like Final Fantasy spin-offs is, honestly, a joke.
    Umm...Megaman 9? Instant classic from day 1? Return to 8-bit glory? Made by Capcom? Does that ring any bells?

We all know what AAA means, and when the best selling system has very few AAA titles -- particularly 3rd party ones -- I take issue with that.
    Miraculously, this is where you and I agree. The reason, I believe, for there being "a lack of good titles" (with the exception of Capcom, Sega, Square and a few others) is 3rd party developers has been acting like a bunch of arrogant pricks. In order for good games to be on a system, someone has to make them first and developers has been reluctant to do so on the Wii for who knows why. I mean, the same companies who've developed back in the 8/16-bit days can't come up with a fun, "non-mature" product for a console?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Rob: I know you defend the Wii to the death, but calling CoD a AAA game on any platform is just a lie. Rock Band 2 and GH: WT are superior on other platforms for a myriad of reasons, namely the availability of DLC.
    Call of Duty: World at War on the Wii received an 8.4 out of 10 overall. That seems like a very good score to me.

Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2 on the Wii both feature full DLC.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Jesus, there's too much drama in this goddamn thread.

Firstly, the Wii is not a console for the 'hardcore gamer'. Nintendo has explicitly stated that they are 'not in competition with Sony and Microsoft', which is a good thing for those guys, because if they were, they'd be getting their asses kicked.

Strictly speaking, the demographic for Wii and Wii games is an entirely different group of people than the PS3/360 crowd. Soccer moms, younger kids, and Nintendorks. I think that's fine. If third parties want to brave the flood and release hardcore games on the platform, more power to them. That hasn't historically ended up well for anyone not named Nintendo, but them's the breaks.

Secondly, Nintendo has always had the lowest quality assurance standards of the big three. "Charlie's Angels" was rejected for Xbox and PS2, but the big N let it release. The 'seal of quality' ain't what it used to be, and as a result, you get a landslide of complete and utter shit for both Wii and DS. A quick look at the shelves of your local Best Buy, Meijers, or Wal-Mart will confirm that. And so what? You don't have to buy it. PS3 and 360 have had their duds too: Vampire Rain, Untold Legends, The launch Gundam PS3 game, Perfect Dark Zero... These are not good games. There are plenty of shady arcade games and Backbone ports available for download on both systems as well. Shit happens, especially when it comes to five dollar games. The GOOD games on Wii and DS are more than enough to justify the purchase for some people.

Here's a thread of 'hardcore' Wii games I started a while ago.
    That's that. There's plenty to play there, and if nothing on there seems interesting, then sell the stupid thing on Craigslist and don't invite the wrath of the Nintendorks, who are the craziest fanboys on the internet. They're even worse than PS3 Nazis and Xbots.

What boggles my mind is the weird 'opposing battle lines' mentality that people take in the alleged 'console wars'. Hey, guess what? Sony, Microsoft, and especially Nintendo, don't give a shit about you. At all. Period. They're corporations. They don't care about your opinions. The only thing they want from your 'loyalty' is your money. All of it, if it's possible to get it. Defining yourself by your choice of expensive gaming hardware is outright ridiculous. Rob2600, I like you bro, but I'm looking squarely at you. Press Start is in my periph, but you're both entering IronDraggon territory here.

Relax, play some Wii Fit, and try to remember that when someone criticizes Nintendo for 'abandoning the core audience', they aren't insulting your mother.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 03-05-2009 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Grammar, slander.