Thread: Some advice needed....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Some advice needed....

I just won an auction for Bonk 3 (Hucard):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3025506927

I just caught it at the end actually, and because I have been looking for this game for awhile and really want it, took the high bid. But after looking really closely at the photo it looks to me that the manual inside the CD case (top right corner) is a photocopy. THe seller states that the card comes with the ORIGINAL manual, hucard, sleeve, and a TG jewel case (which I know this never came with anyway). I don't know what I should do here. Is what I spent just way to much for the game? I didn't think so assuming it was coming with the original manual...but now I don't know. The seller seems to have a good feedback rating, but still....I just don't know if I should pay for this or not. The auction is kind of misleading...

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Sorry for asking a stupid question -- I would tell the seller that you'll believe him that everything is original but if it is'nt that you will file a claim with EBay for fraud. That should make him either tell the truth or confirm that it's all original.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My problem is that I don't want to pay, get it, and find out that it is a fraud after the fact. I emailed him asking about the manual. Now what if he replies and says it is a photocopy (which I really believe it is now since another ebay member emailed me telling me so) and he demands payment since I won the auction? The auction is definitely misleading if this is the case, but can he go ahead and file a non paying bidder warning against me if I don't pay? I don't want to get kicked from ebay because of something like this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Some advice needed....

Quote Originally Posted by zektor
    I just won an auction for Bonk 3 (Hucard):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3025506927

I just caught it at the end actually, and because I have been looking for this game for awhile and really want it, took the high bid. But after looking really closely at the photo it looks to me that the manual inside the CD case (top right corner) is a photocopy. THe seller states that the card comes with the ORIGINAL manual, hucard, sleeve, and a TG jewel case (which I know this never came with anyway). I don't know what I should do here. Is what I spent just way to much for the game? I didn't think so assuming it was coming with the original manual...but now I don't know. The seller seems to have a good feedback rating, but still....I just don't know if I should pay for this or not. The auction is kind of misleading...

Honestly, I think it's a little late to be having second thoughts now that you've already won the auction. I say you honor your end of the transaction and pay for the auction. If you end up getting a photo copy then you can always file a complaint since it does say that it comes with an original manual. I hate to say it but next time pay more attention to the picture and description before you bid. This is a question you should have brought up before you bid.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah. Not to sound like a hard ass, but now's not the time to be wringing the hands. You saw it, wanted it, bid on it, THEN began investigating the photo and item description? Too little, too late - in my opinion. Pay for it, hope for the best, and - if a photocopy - consider it a life lesson to "buyer beware." Good luck though.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're right. Oh well, I'll pay and hope for the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah i saw the photocopy manual in the picture when it was up on ebay so i passed on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dojosky
    yeah i saw the photocopy manual in the picture when it was up on ebay so i passed on it
    He sent me an up close picture of the manual. Turns out it is not a photocopy, but a real manual...or so it seems. It is some sort of Canadian/French manual. It looks glossy and legit in the photo. I already paid for it and am still waiting for it to arrive, so I'll find out for sure when I get it. I don't care tho, I have been wanting this game for years...and now I finally have it