Thread: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Who else has played through this? I'll avoid spoilers here...

I thought it was pretty bland compared to most Fire Emblems I've played. Solid, though. I miss carrying units! Quite challenging, there are some maps you are just going to have to lose characters.
    Last edited by FantasiaWHT; 03-13-2009 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

One question!!!

Does this Fire Emblem have the MANDATORY counter attack? I love strategy RPGs but I refuse to play any of them that have MANDATORY counter attacks. I bought both the GBA versions and the GC version and never played much further than the first few battles because of this. Same thing with Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation on the GBA and Crystal Warriors on the Game Gear.

Why can't they use a normal system like Shining Force. You attack the enemy, the enemy *MIGHT* counter attack and the battle is resolved. But in the Fire Emblem games I have played it goes: You attack the enemy, the enemy *WILL* counter attack, I get another attack, battle resolved.

I hate that. Basically, ANYTIME I want to attack an enemy I WILL take damage. That's just completely absurd to me.

So again, my question is... Does this Fire Emblem follow suit with the you attack, he attacks, you attack series of battles? I would really like to play it as it looks great, but i'm not going to buy it if it has the same battle system.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, mandatory counter attacks (unless you are attacking from beyond range or kill them in one hit).

I like this style of strategy, actually. It makes the game much more challenging, using more tactics. Generally the best solution is to let your enemies attack first. There's no multi-hitting magic, and you have very large armies (12-16 generally), so you can present a single unified front of strong characters so that none can be attacked twice in melee.