Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocket: Robot on Wheels Proto

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rocket: Robot on Wheels Proto

I'm new, but I'm confused. I was going through some boxes I haven't checked in years and I found this really long N64 cartridge with a sticker and some numbers on it.

I popped it into my N64 and it seems like it's a near complete version of Rocket: Robot on Wheels. I vaguely recall receiving this from my father while he was working on the game manual for the game. I'm not too sure what the differences are as I've never played the final version. I'll get a pic up here A.S.A.P. I don't have my camera right now. Sry bout that.

I'll be happy to give out any info about it to figure out what exactly it is.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you wanted to sell it, I am interested.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    If you wanted to sell it, I am interested.
    ...and out come the wolves!

Anyway, I'm just waiting for the picture of this thing, as I'm sure we all are. Have you asked your dad about it yet?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have asked. It was given to him as a tester unit apparently. He was also given an N64 by them too, but I don't know what happened to it.

And I promise I'll have those pictures up here. No joke guys.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any news about this one? I too would be very interested in buying it if you ever should decide to let it go :-)
    Longtime webmaster of...
    www.nesworld.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

omg, I remember playing this game when I was younger, please leak it online so everybody can enjoy it

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire View Post
    omg, I remember playing this game when I was younger, please leak it online so everybody can enjoy it
    huh? why?.... you can get a cart off ebay for a few bucks....
    Longtime webmaster of...
    www.nesworld.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesworld View Post
    huh? why?.... you can get a cart off ebay for a few bucks....
    because its a prototype and it could have stuff that did not make it into the final game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice one! Pickshures?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire View Post
    because its a prototype and it could have stuff that did not make it into the final game
    That would sure be nice. Unfortunately, most of the folks here are disgusting HOARDERS, unwilling to let us play any protos for ourselves. There are sure a lot of differences in the Super Mario Kart proto, after all.

Their excuse: copyrighted material.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OmochaoAbuser View Post
    That would sure be nice. Unfortunately, most of the folks here are disgusting HOARDERS, unwilling to let us play any protos for ourselves. There are sure a lot of differences in the Super Mario Kart proto, after all.

Let me be the first to ask: wtf?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think their excuse has rather been that giving a rom away for free and not getting compensated for the possibly thousands or near thousand they spent on the proto is just too risky. People have to live you know But of course, you've never been put in the situation, have you? Try getting a prototype yourself and then seeing how it feels to just give it away after spending around $2000. I doubt you can afford to live like that, right?

Just think. It's not hard...maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Bramsworth View Post
    [...] not getting compensated for the possibly thousands or near thousand they spent on the proto is just too risky.
    I always thought that being able to see what I'm getting was the surest way of gauging whether they're worth the money to me. Not backing up the precious data on prototypes means that irreplacable data may well be lost forever.

Having a dead prototype cart would be the ultimate "not getting compensated"

You have to understand what collecting is about - it's owning the actual thing, not some digital copy of just the data. I remember years ago on this site there was some discussion (probably somebody trolling, who knows?) about whether somebody could call their ROMz their collection. Aside from the argument that ROMz don't replace the real thing (as most everybody plays and studies them with an emulator), there's nothing tangible, no trophy.

Of course you don't have to distribute the ROMz if you have them dumped, but it's a good idea if you ask me (especially if you live in a floodplain or tornado alley, or are prone to having your PCs stolen, etc.).

Also, timeless argument is
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 04-15-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this topic is the exact reason we have the "beating a dead horse" smily...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That guy is trolling, no one is that naive.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

So, pretty much all of your posts feature you in some way trying to mooch roms off of people who pay premiums for unique protos/betas or insulting those who don't give them to you.

Your excuse: A completely warped sense of entitlement that is far too common these days.

They belong to the community? Please, don't invoke the good of the community as a means to achieve your own selfish goals. Statements like those are insulting to those of us that actually value the community for more than what it can give us as individuals.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

If anything, please don't ever allow ROMs of prototypes to be widely available just so people like OmochaoAbuser can't get them. Even if someone wanted to share a ROM for the community, just knowing that people like him would get to have it makes me very angry. If you want to allow some people to play it, just email the ROM directly to them(even then don't email it to just anyone, don't let it spread). I'm not saying to share the ROM at all, this is meant for those who feel compelled to share ROMs of their protos for some reason(I'm fine with people keeping protos for themselves, it's cool to have something that nobody else does).

If anyone acts like a complete jerk, why do them any favours?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    If anything, please don't ever allow ROMs of prototypes to be widely available just so people like OmochaoAbuser can't get them. Even if someone wanted to share a ROM for the community, just knowing that people like him would get to have it makes me very angry. If you want to allow some people to play it, just email the ROM directly to them(even then don't email it to just anyone, don't let it spread). I'm not saying to share the ROM at all, this is meant for those who feel compelled to share ROMs of their protos for some reason(I'm fine with people keeping protos for themselves, it's cool to have something that nobody else does).

If anyone acts like a complete jerk, why do them any favours?
    He's making us all look bad. Why not just not ignore the scum and go on? I mean, should we all just sit at home because some people are murderers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Maybe it's just the lingering majesty of the Bio Force Ape thread, but I can't tell if this is a fakepost or not.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If this guy wants roms, let him compensate the people for the roms he wants. everyone's got a price, just find it......thats what the proto holders did, and im sure that if you matched even half of the price there would be a rom for you. pony up the cash.