Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocket: Robot on Wheels Proto

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drx View Post
    He's making us all look bad. Why not just not ignore the scum and go on? I mean, should we all just sit at home because some people are murderers?
    There's a difference between going about your daily life as usual, and going out of your way to do someone a favour. I'm just surprised he's not banned yet as pretty much all of his posts are negative towards others.

In any case, I'm surprised he's not mad at all game companies. They don't make their games available for free for everyone, they actually expect people to pay for them at retail stores or for downloading. Why wouldn't they encourage people to pirate their games? We know they're owned by the community instead of by who made them. Pffft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fenris View Post
    Maybe it's just the lingering majesty of the Bio Force Ape thread, but I can't tell if this is a fakepost or not.
    This thread could be fake, they seem to pop up all the time. I was serious with my reply though. It wasn't just because of this thread, for several threads about different protos there seems to be people wanting them available for free as if they should automatically be available. It's mostly from the same person, but there's plenty of people like him over the internet that just don't appreciate it and just think they're entitled to something. I would avoid making ROMs available just so people like him couldn't get them. They're video games, not part of a country's or people's heritage or history, they don't just belong to everyone.

I don't have any protos, the only way I'd end up with some is if I found them in the wild. They're just too expensive.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I don't have any protos, the only way I'd end up with some is if I found them in the wild. They're just too expensive.
    This is a very real possibility, depending where you live. I use to live in N. California and have found 4 prototypes and a Gold NWC at different flea markets in the area. I found 2 2600 protos and 2 NES protos all at Stockton's Delta College Flea Market. All of them were found at different times. The Gold NWC was found at Denio's Flea market in Sacramento. Another great place is San Jose's Flea market.

Just saying, you never ever know....

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Ive been reading through threads about this game and it really puts things into perspective when you see "yeah I loved this game as a kid" and the quote is from TEN years ago! It really doesnt feel that long ago when I was playing this when it was fairly new (99? 2000?) This was one of the last 64 games I remember playing before moving on to GameCube and then PS2 era. game has aged extremely well.

that being said, does anyone know if the prototype ended up being any different than the final game?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TeeMn14 View Post
    And I promise I'll have those pictures up here. No joke guys.
    I'm sure any day now.

It's been over 10 years since I've last posted in this thread, so far I still haven't found any prototypes. Maybe I'll still get lucky at some point.